How can i get 6mb profile on 4mb package

i have 2 reasons and i wanna know how can i get 6mb profile

1st latency issue i have shared broadband on my local network with 3 users if some one suddenly use bandwidth my latency increases and i face lagging in online games

2nd i heard that u can get some more KB's download , currently i m getting 400 - 420 KBps

By upgrading your package to 6MB.

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:15001”]

[/quote]

The best possible answer :)

[quote=“Faisal, post:2, topic:15001”]

[/quote]

you didn’t get my point i’m not asking for 6mb bandwidth i want just my profile on 6mb so if i will use my full bandwidth of 4mb my latency will never increase because 6mb pipe has more space for packets send and recieve

ok example my upload is 100kB/s if i’m uploading 70 - 80 kB/s my latency increase to hundreds and if i’m uploading full 100kB/s my latency increase to 1000 - 3000ms :-S

and with 6mb profile i can get approximately 470kB/s download of my 4mb package

You can write an application to your Exchange's DSL Incharge about this, explaining you want this i.e. port upgrade only, not actual package upgrade so you are able to get the maximum speed of your 4Mbps package.

kidnap your lineman or broadband installer then demand for upgrade

[quote=“sirfnomi, post:4, topic:15001”]

you didn’t get my point i’m not asking for 6mb bandwidth i want just my profile on 6mb so if i will use my full bandwidth of 4mb my latency will never increase because 6mb pipe has more space for packets send and recieve

ok example my upload is 100kB/s if i’m uploading 70 - 80 kB/s my latency increase to hundreds and if i’m uploading full 100kB/s my latency increase to 1000 - 3000ms :-S

and with 6mb profile i can get approximately 470kB/s download of my 4mb package

[/quote]

:rolleyes::)

I did get your point perfectly but didn’t want to get into the details but anyways, see this to see if I am right OR I am right :) + what should you be expecting if you want to go ahead and follow joker’s suggestion, which you should if your line stats are very good.

hahahaha, You want to flirt the other users and want to get more money???. and want to whow them that i am installed 6mbps package. good !@#$ mind.

it is very simple, just call to 1236 and say them that upgrade my package on 6mbps. then after 3 days again call them and say that downgrade my package to 4mbps. then they will downgrade your speed to 4mbps, but profile will be adjust as 6mbps permanently.

it is confirmed solution.

[quote=“farrukhalvi, post:8, topic:15001”]

hahahaha, You want to flirt the other users and want to get more money???. and want to whow them that i am installed 6mbps package. good !@#$ mind.

[/quote]

I am lost… :(

[quote=“farrukhalvi, post:8, topic:15001”]

it is very simple, just call to 1236 and say them that upgrade my package on 6mbps. then after 3 days again call them and say that downgrade my package to 4mbps. then they will downgrade your speed to 4mbps, but profile will be adjust as 6mbps permanently.

it is confirmed solution.

[/quote]

That may be a solution which might work or not but definitely not a permanent solution, After a while PTCL staff looks for abnormalities in DSL connection of users. If he does that what you suggested, after a while they will check his connection settings and revert it back to what it should be for 4MB package.

Same thing just happened to me 3 days ago. I was having 4605 D/ 1245U sync rates and was enjoying simultaneous ~400 - 460 KB/ 95 - 105KB speeds on torrents now they just lowered my up speed sync rate to 1095 max from 1245 while keep down speed sync same at 4605. so now I get ~400 - 420 KB/70 - 75KB simultaneous speeds on torrents.

[quote=“Faisal, post:9, topic:15001”]

I am lost… :(

That may be a solution which might work or not but definitely not a permanent solution, After a while PTCL staff looks for abnormalities in DSL connection of users. If he does that what you suggested, after a while they will check his connection settings and revert it back to what it should be for 4MB package.

Same thing just happened to me 3 days ago. I was having 4605 D/ 1245U sync rates and was enjoying simultaneous ~400 - 460 KB/ 95 - 105KB speeds on torrents now they just lowered my up speed sync rate to 1095 max from 1245 while keep down speed sync same at 4605. so now I get ~400 - 420 KB/70 - 75KB simultaneous speeds on torrents.

[/quote]

strange :-S i m getting normally 105kB/s upload with 1024 sync rate and 435 kB/s maximum download speed with 4092sync rate but with high latency while using 70% bandwidth :-S why they don’t allow us high profile officially for those who can avail

^ and your still complaining .....?

The problem is not with PTCL, the problem is you sharing your internet connection with other users. yours and my DSL connections are suppose to be use with single PC. Cause a DSL connection has it limits and this is Pakistan where this limit is even pathetic but still its enough for one person to use it without any problems.

I have shared my internet connection within my home with two other PCs. My µTorrent runs all the time with at least 70 to 80 seeding torrents. Al thought there's no actual uploading involved but whenever I feel like my connection is getting clogged, slow browsing, lesser download speeds. I don't wish for a 6MB profile, I just stop 40 of my running torrents and everything gets back to normal without doing anything else.

If you don't do torrenting, you must be browsing with 5 or 10 pages simultaneously, so do the people with whom you have shared your connection with. Thats like 30 different pages at a time on average and these are 30 simultaneous connections. Now you every page of any site you open these days, be it Facebook or YouTube or whatever, have 5 or 10 adds running on those pages which your seeing. Now that 5 to 10 extra connections per page. thats like 150 to 300 connections just only with browsing. add these with torrenting or using download managers, watching streaming videos + your not so good or somewhat good line stats and not so state-of-the-art PTCL infrastructure, you get HIGHER latency. PTCL's infrastructure matters a lot, but it is what it is.

If you share your connection within your home, go ahead but thinking or asking about 6MB profile is pointless. You must shared your connection outside ur home i.e. reselling right?

hahhahahahahahahahh Lols :-)

bro ur reply is totally pointless on this post and your question about why m i sharing with others is not matter i know about all this very much

okay let me clear my point to you more clearly :-)

I'm using 4mb package without any sharing just using single PC . . Oh Wow !!! great now i can do lots of thing at same time

and then I start downloading 10gb file from torrent or whateva direct download etc and i put restriction on my download manager that just use 70% download of my total bandwidth then i open my torrent client for seeding i set my upload to 70kB/s for uploading . . is it fair enough naa ???

now what ?? i plan to play online game because now i m using broadband internet and it is possible that i can do multiple things same time and i have left my 30% bandwidth for gaming . . rite ???

so, the point is I'm not able to do online gaming the reason is latency and it can solve . . its really not a rocket science :S

and if i'm asking for more bandwidth of my 4mb so it is my rite bro and if they can give 512 so i can ask for but i know they can't so im just asking for what they can give . . not demanding from out of this world

and for doing all things smoothly i have to set my download to 50% of my 4mb link and my torrent upload to 50kB out of 105kB/s and i thing i'm wasting 25% percent of my bandwidth for smoothly gaming and i can ask for yar :-S already we r getting less bandwidth

and please now don't suggest me for 6 or 10mb package :-) i can't get more then 1mb upload :-S

well thanks for all of your cooperation Specially for you FAISAL :-) please don't get me personal . . i also support for PTCL in the situation where they can't do any thing . . but where they can so at least they should do. :)

Yes of course there's nothing personal and you, sharing you connection is none of my business. I was just pointing out that sharing you connection with others could be a cause of ur problem specially when PTCL's network isn't up to the standards.

To you my point seems pointless but you can test it by playing the game with no internet sharing with others, no browsing, no torrent what so ever, no IDM downloading, streaming etc. You will definitely feel the difference. I am not saying it will become perfect or up to the standards but there will surly be lower ping times/ latency and lesser lags. Cause lags in ping and latency just don't depends on if your using your bandwidth to the fullest but also on the numbers of simultaneous connections for which I already gave you an example of my torrenting habits in which I can make my ping or latency very higher just by seeding 70 to 80 torrent all together without having to upload or download even a single KB of actual data.

You can try and get a higher profile and maybe they will give you 4.5Mbps sync rate/profile so can get very close to 4MB but they will NOT give you 6MB profile. and why would they? I mean why would they wanna waste their 2MB of bandwidth when the price of that bandwidth is 1500 rs. Changing profile is not about changing numbers , its about changing the amount of bandwidth which cost money.... and this brings me back to my first reply in this thread "By upgrading your package to 6MB"..... cause I know that was and it still is the only way. and yes, it becomes a 'rocket science' when a person is not seeing the full picture. :)

Again, it may all seem pointless you but ONLY if you can prove it.

In short, the 4MB connection along with its current stats you have, is better than 80% of 4MB PTCL users (you can compare your profile/stats with members here who are using 4MB connection) , just try not to overshoot just because you think you can :)

Guys just tell me something

I ordered a 1mb connection but when i saw the stats the downstream was of 4mb but my downloads were still of 1mb connection

It looked like ptcl gave me the port of 4mb but had limited my bandwidth by other means i wanted to know that what these other means could be???

My line is getting a 4mb connection then is it the modem which is limiting the bandwidth or my profile (username and password)

If i change my username to that person that has a 4m connection will i be able to get 4mb download speed

plzz reply and tell

Thanks

yes, your user id is restricted to 1mb, and yes u can use 4mb's usr id :-)