Hot CPU

My 3.2 HT 478 socket processor is getting really hot, at full load it's reaching 76c and idle at 62. I've got a pretty gud heatsink and fan at 5000+ rpm and one rear fan blowing out and one infront blowing in. Anyway there's not any hangups or restarts but i'm still worried about it's hight temps which i'm getting through everest ultimate edition and speedfan. Is there any home remedy or such to lower it's temp???

One more thing i've also applied thermal paste of white color but to no avail :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My 3.2 HT 478 socket processor is getting really hot, at full load it’s reaching 76c and idle at 62. I’ve got a pretty gud heatsink and fan at 5000+ rpm and one rear fan blowing out and one infront blowing in. Anyway there’s not any hangups or restarts but i’m still worried about it’s hight temps which i’m getting through everest ultimate edition and speedfan. Is there any home remedy or such to lower it’s temp???

One more thing i’ve also applied thermal paste of white color but to no avail :(

[/quote]

It’s a 3.2HT; they’re bound to heat up. Keep the case open? Try removing the thermal grease and use a better quality thermal grease (arctic silver?). Or use a branded cooling solution. :confused:

Many of us make the mistake of applying too much thermal grease, so google it and learn how to apply thermal grease in the most efficient way.

http://www.frozencpu.com/resource/r8/How_to_Apply_Thermal_Paste.html

PC Apex Resource Center | How to Apply Thermal Paste - FrozenCPU.com http://oneduasan.wordpress.com/2007/05/25/how-to-apply-thermal-paste-for-pentium-4-processor/

How to apply thermal paste for Pentium 4 processor? « oneduasan

pdf:

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/9226783/how_to_change_thermal_paste.pdf

I've applied the thermal grease properly. Anyway where can i find arctic silver and how much does it cost???

Plz tell me wat r normal ranges of tempratures of pc&@wat range we should consider dangerous thz days room becomes hot bcoz of v hot weathr outside.Do d computr run slow2 bcoz of high cpu tempratur?

i dont think 76c is a high temp. for your processor....you can keep the casing open, special water cooled casings are also available, but they are expensive

Plz tell me wat r normal ranges of tempratures of pc&@wat range we should consider dangerous thz days room becomes hot bcoz of v hot weathr outside.Do d computr run slow2 bcoz of high cpu tempratur?
[/quote]

no computers dont run slow due to high CPU temperature, but at very high temperatures that are out of operating temperatures, processors behave improperly, making computer hang and restart…though a temperature is set for processor after which it will restart…

++ underclocking processors reduces heating up…mobos by ASUS designed for gamers and some other mobos have this feature, u can set it as u wish, the feature is that if the CPU temp reaches a certain level the CPU speed is automatically lowered…

U can google on Intel SpeedStep technology and ASUS AI NOS, to get more info about the changing clock speed feature

[/quote]

Yes it’s right that cpu’s get slower or throtle down as they get too hot and if they keep getting more hot then cpu restarts and hang ups happen. Any way for my 3.2 ht the highest specified temp from the company is 73.4 c so i’m going beyond it which may hurt my processor. According to me it must be below 70c.

well my 2.8ghz ht processor used to reach 90C

mine never goes over 45*C. i am only worried about my gpu temp which sometime goes upto 70. i have removed both of the side covers of the casing, now air flow is very good but cpu gets dusty too soon.

Prescott core runs pretty hot. It seems normal to me.

someone here said hot CPUs dont run slow? i just want to say that its incorrect. both GPUs and CPUs tend to slow down a lot when very hot

can someone point me the software that shows you the temp of your cpu plus all the other stuff (fan,s rpm etc)

i used to have it but now i cant remember the name to download it

can someone point me the software that shows you the temp of your cpu plus all the other stuff (fan,s rpm etc)

[/quote]

its not dedicated for this stuff but try everest ultimate

Also try PC Wizard 2008 it z a gr8 soft tells all hardware specs+tempratures,pc benchmarks.I found it v useful.I have version 1.83 if u find new version inform us too.

I have intel pentium4@1400mhz,chipset i850,mainboard Intel850GB,ram128 &it z showng temp cpu 81c,procesor 78c,mainboard 44c,hard disk 42c.Z it ok or increasd? Now i changd som setings in program set it to monitor not by standard config but accordng 2 motherboard&it z showng temp 77c.Why?Also in monitorng option i checkd on force fan detection now u hardware experts guys tel me wat z it 4&why temp fall?Cpu load z also reduced from 10% to 2%

is your fan heatsink original intel which comes with a new processor,,

is your fan and heatsink clean of all the dust and grime,,if not clean it,,

i had 3.0 ht p4 and it never went above 45' degree even in the summer heat on load cause it had a asus board which was optimized for prescott and came with heat sinks on the circuitry right beside the processor (on the mobo that is) and on the chipset,,,i also had to fans intake in front of case and 2 fans in the backs,,but the case got so hot it overheated my 7300gt card...so i switched my p4 3.0 for a 1.6 dual core which stays cool and quiet...cost me 1200 rs for the exhange but worth it...

i

someone here said hot CPUs dont run slow? i just want to say that its incorrect. both GPUs and CPUs tend to slow down a lot when very hot
[/quote]

Yes that’s what i said that whenever processors overheat they tend to slow down alot and it’s called throtling down.

[/quote]

Try speedfan …

Also try PC Wizard 2008 it z a gr8 soft tells all hardware specs+tempratures,pc benchmarks.I found it v useful.I have version 1.83 if u find new version inform us too.
[/quote]

here’s ver 1.84 http://pc-wizard-2008.en.softonic.com/

nice software, thanks and saad too