Honda officialy offers GPS and rear Camera for their cars in Pakistan

Honda is the first automotive company to offer officially GPS Nav system customized for Pakistan and it also comes with rear camera. This GPS Nav system costs 50,000 rupees extra for City and 55,000 rupees for Civic and is available for City and Civic as of now. But there is no mention for Accord or CR-V in Honda PK website for now.

http://www.honda.com.pk/

mainimg_nav.jpg

mainimg_city_new.jpg

Good news.........

Very interesting news. It is a pity that Pakistani auto makers charge exorbitant prices for small features.

It is also a pity that none of the automotive companies have thought to provide hybrid vehicles in Pakistan since the people are already suffering from high petrol and CNG prices and added mileage/value would be very much desired by the consumer.

And honda is shitty when it comes to meet the delivery deadline. It's been past 4 months that I booked a Honda Civic VTI Oriel. I was initially asked to wait for 2 months before the car would deliver, but since then these guys are good at topi drama. Now they've asked me to wait till the end of July. Let's see if they delay it any further they might expect a personal visit.

At last GPS in any Pakistani veh.

I hope the GPS to have street maps of enough Pak cities, not only the usual Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad

What are the details of this GPS/multimedia system? Manufacturer? GPS map/data provider, etc?

[quote=“Asad, post:6, topic:14808”]

What are the details of this GPS/multimedia system? Manufacturer? GPS map/data provider, etc?

[/quote]

my info is limited to what honda pakistan website tells me, and i doubt it they’ll ever put technical info in their website as my experience tells me.

i guess only way to get info here is when some regular techy guy is gonna buy one of the car fitted with Navigation system and review the ins and outs of it then we’ll start finding out the info.

bottom is the link for video of Nav system i think this guy is from pakistan as video comments tell but he sounds more like indian.

Is it voice activated navigation system?

Judging by the look of it in the first picture, it looks like Google Maps to me :P

I guess Toyota used to offer it way back...Moreover, they have maps from Naqsha.pk...But 50k to 75k..meh...!

Its better to you use Google maps on your phone than this.....at least i was able to find my way home using GOOGLE MAP

If the same or a better system can be had and installed for less from the car audio/navigation system shops, there's no point going for it.

[quote=“Asad, post:12, topic:14808”]

If the same or a better system can be had and installed for less from the car audio/navigation system shops, there’s no point going for it.

[/quote]

I THINK; 50000 starting price is OK given if the maps are even half way decent compare to other western countries.

50,000 rupees = 580 us dollars

http://www.currencyconverterx.com/50000-PKR-USD/

it does come with full multimedia and rear camera and bluetooth cell phone connection what more one could ask in that cheap price and since its officially local install then at least you could have some support.

in america after market in dash nav system starts out at around 500 dollars and mid range are like in the range of 1000 to 1500 dollars and price going as high as 2500 dollars plus

for only 580 us dollars i think its pretty cheap offering from honda.

check out after market in dash nav system prices in usa

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_182350/In-dash-GPS-Navigation.html?tp=20222

My Android phone gives me Voice Guided Navigation and Google maps are always upto date even include villages.

But an instrument properly fitted has elegance and style.

Anybody knows if maps offered are updateable?

[quote=", post:14, topic:14808"]

My Android phone gives me Voice Guided Navigation and Google maps are always upto date even include villages.

But an instrument properly fitted has elegance and style.

Anybody knows if maps offered are updateable?

[/quote]

But as far as I know that Google Voice navigation is not yet available on android phones in Pakistan then how you are using that. is this something to do with rooting?

[quote=“jhonjjj, post:15, topic:14808”]

But as far as I know that Google Voice navigation is not yet available on android phones in Pakistan then how you are using that. is this something to do with rooting?

[/quote]

All are equal but some are more equal :) I somehow managed to move into the later category.

You don’t need a rooted device. There is a modified version of Google Maps, in which the location check for Navigation has been disabled.

If you have Android and want to have Voice Guided Navigation, you can. Search for APK file on XDA forums.

You will need data connection / internet to use it.

this is a very good to drivers who drives first time in the city.map has give him to a short way.what about camera?