Homeopathy in Pakistan

I am a Homeopathic Doctor. Most of the Western using twitter are against homeopathic treatment saying that it is not working. There is strong mafia of allopathic medicine producers who propogate against Homeopathy. Yes sometime homeopathy is not working but it is not harming human. If it does not work it is not homeopathy at fault, it may be the Doctor who prescribe wrong remedy or patient himself not using it properly. I invite all friends on this to give there opinion.

^x2

whats ur qualification?

Welcome Doc. and thanks for starting such a topic....

Believe me, being not a doctor, I don't have such an opinion about any type of the treatment that it doesn't work at all. There is a lot of types any way.. I don't remember... But yes I would agree that there are misconceptions or propagandas or whatever about homeopathy or even about some other types or treatments. And the one who holds the grip on today's life is of course the allopathy.

And I do believe that He (Almighty Allah) is the one who gives health. Your second text about not being the fault of a doctor.... is also true to me. It's the doctor who makes his/her field good or bad with his/her expertise. And the same applies to all types of fields and all types in medical treatments. Not only homeopathic but also the allopathic doctors may have the same.

The only thing I would say about Homeopathy is that it's slow treatment. And may be this is one of the reasons which is used by the Allopathic doctors whenever they abuse.

I have an experience (and seen) that Homeopathy is good only for few ENT related infection.

I have seen two people did not recover for prostate (treatment time is ten months approx) then go for surgery. Homeo doctor were different.

No recovery from leukemia in a child, but now he has treatment going in Shoukat Khanum hospital.

and

I have a friend who is MBBS doctor and after practicing few year in allopathy he had past the Homeo course and now he is practising Homeo too. Some body told me that in Rawalpindi (near Kamatie Chowk) there is also a MBBS doctor practicing Homeo.

So My opinion based upon experience (myself as well as people near me) that Homeo is costly (in most cases).

--Recovery rate is too low.

--There is no controlling authority in Homeo (Pakistan) like PMDC as in Allopathy. (Atleast I don't know or it is not effective).

--No surgical procedure are there in Homeo, so Homeo doctor cannot do anything for a broken bone. At least my little brain cannot accept that it can be treated through some liquid or pills specially for multi fracture bone.

But I respect Homeo as well as "Hikmat" treatment too. They both have very very less number of diseases to be covered.

Regards

As I studed here are few advantages of Homeopathy.

Homeopathy has proved itself in treating every conceivable type of health care situation.

The same medicines have been used for the same conditions, based on the same indications; remedies do not go in and out of fashion, and do not disappear from the shelves because they are no longer useful.

Homeopathy does not use synthetic substances, but relies on the healing properties inherent in plants, minerals, and even animal substances. These are used in their whole, natural state, not as isolated chemicals.

Homeopathy is virtually non-toxic, without any side-effects whatsoever. There is no risk of poisoning, even if bottles of the medicines are consumed, or one accidentally takes the wrong medication. There is no drug residue, addiction or buildup of tolerance, even with long term use.

Homeopathic remedies act as catalysts, assisting all the body's natural processes, rather than interfering with subtle, natural functions. In this sense medicines are extremely gentle, rather than violent, respecting and preserving the intricate mechanisms of the biological systems.

Many mainstream treatments thwart or weaken the immune and neurological response by simply interfering with body processes. This suppression is known to cause deeper problems later on. Homeopathic medicines work, but never suppress, even in treating inflammation or pain.

In spite of the complexities of using homeopathy on a professional level, for serious illnesses, homeopathy can also be used effectively at home with a few basic remedies.

Homeopathy is ideal for children, the aged and in long-term treatment where there is very real concern about the toxicity and side effects of short and long-term medication use.

People have extremely wide variations from one another in their metabolism, biochemistry, reactions, and disease symptoms. In all these ways, homeopathy uses a remedy that exactly fits a person's needs, rather than routinely using the same medicine in all cases of a particular illness.

Remedies can be used to prevent the onset of many conditions, including allergies, nausea, infectious diseases (like measles or colds). They can be used to prevent muscle over-strain, prevent stage fright and antidote the anticipated effects of late nights, overindulgence or overwork.

Professional treatment by experienced doctor can eliminate many potential chronic diseases before they begin, or can halt their progress in the earliest stages.

Unlike any other known system of medicine, homeopathy can change fundamental, inherent weaknesses and susceptibilities on both a physical and psychological level.

Besides their use in familiar conditions, homeopathic medicines are also capable of helping in many conditions, including chronic diseases, where there is no possibility of medical treatment.

Homeopathy works in concert with regular medical care, or with the full range of alternative and complementary medicine, including nutrition.

Homeopathic medicines are remarkably inexpensive compared to regular medications, or even vitamins, making homeopathy the medicine of choice in many third world countries. One of the main reasons for their value is the fact that they are not patented items like medications, whose price can then be fixed at high levels by the manufacturer, without competition.

In spite of misconceptions, homeopathy is as scientific as mainstream medicine. Homeopathy does not base its effectiveness on animal experiments which have no relevance to humans, and prescribing is not based on empirical, or accidental discovery of effects, but on a rational, systematic observation of the effects of remedies on healthy and sick people.

Unlike several other unconventional practices, such as acupuncture and Ayurvedic medicine, homeopathy is a system of medication therapy with a long tradition in Western culture. The training its practitioners receive, the language of medicine it uses, and the way it is used are similar to conventional medicine. As a Western system, it is fairly easy to grasp by those of us familiar with modern medicine. Yet its concepts are not the same and its science is, for the most part, old and outdated. It is not surprising that forms of homeopathy have developed that tend to obscure the differences between it and conventional medicine.

The fundamental ideas that make homeopathy unique are that the single similar remedy will bring about improvement or cure, that the minimum dose is needed to stimulate the natural self-healing processes, and that the process of cure should occur in a global way with more serious and central problems improving first. These are the central assumptions that make homeopathy different from conventional medicine, and that, some would argue, are necessary in order for a treatment to be considered homeopathic.

There are two main variations of the classical approach that attempt to combine homeopathy and conventional medicine. One approach applies homeopathic remedies to conventional disease classifications or pathology. This is the so-called complex or clinical approach. The second variation attempts to incorporate disease causes and biological processes into the homeopathic method. This is called isopathy. Current research indicates that the classical and clinical/complex approaches are about equally effective and are the preferred methods. Many homeopaths work with mixed approaches depending on the needs or preferences of the patient.

In the first variation from classical homeopathy, practitioners attempt to treat every symptom complex that a patient has with a different remedy. This approach, called complex or clinical homeopathy, uses only a few symptoms to match with a given remedy. This results in taking several different medications at the same time, often repeatedly. This approach is a mixture of allopathic and homeopathic ideas in which specific remedies are given for specific diseases or problems. Complex or clinical homeopathy is conceptually little different from conventional medication therapy, except that the doses used are small and unlikely to have direct toxicity.

In situations where the homeopathic picture of the illness is unclear and an individual remedy cannot be chosen, or when someone does not want to devote the time to individualization, combination remedies are useful. There is also some concern that taking repeated doses of the wrong remedy or combination of remedies might adversely affect the body's ability to heal, and little is known about how several remedies interact together in the body. Combination remedies exist for many common acute illnesses, such as colds, flu, headaches, back pain, and sinus problems. Some combination remedies spill over into the area of chronic problems, however, such as insomnia, fatigue, arthritis, and constipation. Combinations are best not used for problems on a long-term basis; it is worth working with a practitioner to determine the individualized single remedy that is right for you.

What homeopathy is not good for

When disease involves major anatomical changes, homeopathy alone will usually not reverse those changes. Sometimes this is obvious. One would not treat a broken leg or a foreign body in the eye with homeopathic medicine. At other times this is not so obvious. Croup is usually a self-limited cough in children that is treatable with homeopathic medicines. Another disease called epiglottis can look like croup but may cause massive swelling in the throat that can block the child's airway. This is a medical emergency that should definitely not be treated with homeopathy.

The same principle holds true when chronic disease has developed to the point of major anatomical change. Arteriosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries, which leads to certain types of heart disease, cannot be treated by homeopathic medicine. People with cancer often do not have very many symptoms, and homeopathy should not be used as the primary treatment of this disease. Arthritis begins with many symptoms and few anatomical changes until it is quite advanced. Homeopathy is very useful for the symptoms of pain and inflammation in early stages of arthritis but will not restore deformed joint function once this has developed. When major anatomical changes exist, homeopathy should be thought of as complementary or supportive of other more conventional therapies but not as the primary therapy.

Another area where some have recommended homeopathic medicine is in place of vaccinations or to remove toxins from the body. While there are reports in the old homeopathic literature, and some recent animal research, indicating that homeopathic prevention and treatment of infections and toxins may have a place in medicine, homeopathy should never be used instead of conventional vaccinations or antitoxin treatments. A similar pattern is seen in studies with toxins. Poisons are best removed with conventional methods with homeopathy as a backup. There are many other conditions and situations where homeopathy should not be considered as the main treatment approach.

The difficult points is prescription of a suitable remedy. If two person have same ailment it is not necessary that same remedy is good for them. The doctor has to y analyese the patient's body functions in details to select a remedy.

My father used to practice homeopathy several years ago. He had some cancer (precisely breast cancer) patients recover with proper medicine in proper doses at proper intervals. He was also very good in kidney related conditions, especially kidney stones. A number of his patients passed kidney stones in a matter of weeks without having to go for surgery.

The problem is that it is a very complicated form of treatment where only a very very small amount of drug is administered. A practitioner also has to be very lucky to cure his patients.

Do not blame her or declare KARI. Nymphomania is a natural disease. It is a problem having very low profile discussions in the society. But very highly cooked in minds. This disease or habbit is cure-able, particularly in Homeopathy with a great success rate. For more information please check out a must read article at http://www.homeo-tel-treat.com/must-read-articls/108-nymphomania.html

Does homeopathy has a cure for Hepatitis C ? allopathic does not seems to have this treatment. :( One of my close friend is suffering from it. Stage 3.

All mighty has created cure alongside all diseases except death. It depends the stage of the ailment. I notice a big problem that patients always come to homeopath after having wasted all initial time with others and when they come to critical stage to knock homeopath door. If all the symptoms and condition of the patient is known mostly it is cure able. Go to my web site fill up a detailed questionnaire and send to me for computer analysis and to a find a suitable remedy. No body or system of medicine cure but it is All Mighty who do that. Read one article of mine in must read articles on my website about God's programming.

^ Still my question ? Does homeopathy has a cure for Hepatitis C ?

He's just promoting his website.

Yes I am also promoting my website actually to promote Homeopathy. My services are almost free. No money making involved.

Somebody also question my education. Is that not a personal? I am highly un-educated person. No need to show degrees. The works speaks itself.

Yes Homeopathy has cure for hapatitus C.

^Yeh I asked about your qualification.

How can a highly un-educated person can be trusted for a treatment?

Mr. Imran

You have full liberty not to trust. No body forcing you to do so.

nice to meet u doctor saab.....:)

What the hell? Seriously, WHAT THE HELL?!

To @Mumtaz Hashmi and Everybody Else Who Thinks That Homeopathy Works

You are murdering innocent people by homeopathy. Stop doing this, Allah is seeing all this and He will ask you on judgment day. Fear from Him and His justice. A few dimes you are going to earn by fooling yourself and innocent patients in homeopathy are too worthless compare to burning in hell for eternity.

Hopefully, if anyone of you have any conscience or fear of Allah, then you'll stop murdering people with homeopathy.

Having said that, now on the science part, if I recalling correctly, I have mentioned this before on WiredPakistan.com forums. Anyway, did any of you have even tried to read what homeopathy is? Homeopathy is not a science. It is a faith. Fortunately, I have faith in Allah and that is enough for me. That's why I do not need another faith in Homeopathy and commit shirk.

Why Homeopathy is not a science but a faith? Allow me to explain to you in simple words:

Samuel Hahnemann is the creator of Homeopathy. According to him, the "Potency" increases as you dilute the "product".

For example, let's take the basic product. We take a drop of mint extract, or a drop of blood from duck's liver, doesn't matter whatever the product that you think it has some healing powers.

* Take small amount of initial product. Few drops of something, few ground leaves, some sea-shell, anything.

* Now put that into a 100 liters of water. Shake it.

* Then take out one liter of water and discard remaining 99 liters of water.

* Put that one liter of water into fresh 100 liters of water. Shake again.

* Take one liter, discard remaining 99 liters.

* Put that one liter of water into fresh 100 liters of water. Shake again.

* Repeat it 400 times. Yes, you read right, for 400 times, you take 100 liters of water, put one liter from previous batch, shake, discard 99 liter, take one liter for next batch.

* After 400 times, you have popular homeopathic flu remedy Oscillococcinum.

Now please tell me, a person who is sane enough with some knowledge of science, please tell me how many atoms of original product will be in that flu remedy after diluting it 400 times in total of 400,000 liters of water? I bet not even one. Even if it has one, it is not going to cure anything.

Science and common-sense tells that diluting any product 400 times does NOT increase potency. It is only blind faith that says it will increase potency, not science. That's why homeopathy is not science.

Now anyone who practice homeopathy or suggest anyone else to go to a homeopathic "doctor" then he/she is murdering the innocent patient. Because there is no way, NO WAY, that 400 times diluted solution is ever going to help anyone. It is nothing more than a placebo.

By the way, I am same as this even in real life. I have argued with many people with same logic including many "doctors" of homeopathy. I try my best to expose the homeopathy. Please do the same, help patients and increase awareness against homeopathy.

If I have one chance to do it then I'll put full ban on homeopathy in Pakistan by passing law and declaring it a crime against humanity.

^ HUH ? Never heard of that bad from anything. I heard alot about slow procedures and all but... Anyways my family member used to eat homeo Tabs and they were all sweet. I wonder they were all same but it still worked for him...

Don't know why wampyr just bashed the innocent doctor, We really want you to put some more light on it :)

>>That's why I do not need another faith in Homeopathy and commit shirk.

so if I have faith in my doctor's method, I am committing shirk?