HomeLite Inverter Charging brand new battery non-stop

Assalam o Alaikom dear experts.

I joined this forum in the hope of getting some concrete diagnosis of my issue which has been bothering me for last 6 months. I bought HomeLite inverter from Rawalpindi Saddar alngwith Osaka 175 battery last year. the duo worked super fine. I observed that the inverter fan (exhaust) would only turn on when it would be charging battery. other wise the inverter used to be silent as dead. for last six months, it wont stop running the fan (and i co related that its wont stop charging thus). the battery water would boil and the back up time was considerably lowered. i took both to the several experts for multiple opinions. end result = battery done. get new one. i finally accepted that there is no escape. got new volta 180 for 10000/- (mixed with the cut of osaka). NOW....for last 48 hours....the inverter fan wont stop (which to my inferior knowledge and observation should stop if battery is fully charged).

please give me your views.

[quote=“arshad_khan, post:, topic:”]

Assalam o Alaikom dear experts.

I joined this forum in the hope of getting some concrete diagnosis of my issue which has been bothering me for last 6 months. I bought HomeLite inverter from Rawalpindi Saddar alngwith Osaka 175 battery last year. the duo worked super fine. I observed that the inverter fan (exhaust) would only turn on when it would be charging battery. other wise the inverter used to be silent as dead. for last six months, it wont stop running the fan (and i co related that its wont stop charging thus). the battery water would boil and the back up time was considerably lowered. i took both to the several experts for multiple opinions. end result = battery done. get new one. i finally accepted that there is no escape. got new volta 180 for 10000/- (mixed with the cut of osaka). NOW…for last 48 hours…the inverter fan wont stop (which to my inferior knowledge and observation should stop if battery is fully charged).

please give me your views.

[/quote]

First, AFAIK, Volta and Osaka are the same company.

Second, considering the excessive load shedding and consequent battery cycling, depending on your load, one year is the norm for local wet batteries.

Fan being continuously in operation could be a sign of any thing ranging from generally hot operating environment to shorted fan switching device to charging/inverter algorithm issues. If you suspect overcharging issue, get it checked from the UPS importer’s service center.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:22269”]

First, AFAIK, Volta and Osaka are the same company.

Second, considering the excessive load shedding and consequent battery cycling, depending on your load, one year is the norm for local wet batteries.

Fan being continuously in operation could be a sign of any thing ranging from generally hot operating environment to shorted fan switching device to charging/inverter algorithm issues. If you suspect overcharging issue, get it checked from the UPS importer’s service center.

[/quote]

hm. that means in any way i have to be again victim of guys on ground. atleast plz some one tell me about a good service center in rawalpindi / islamabad who should come up with some thing other than suggesting me to buy new inverter. thanks in advance.

Cheap UPS / Inverters keep charging the battery unless battery terminal voltage attains a certain value. A sure sign of overcharging the battery temperature. If charger doesn't stop charging the battery, the excess energy will convert to heat and battery temperature will rise and it will lose water quickly.

Apart from this "fan not stopping", do you have above mentioned issues about battery temperature and water loss ?

If yes, please reply to following queries.

1) How old is the new battery ? From your post, it seems it is just 48 hours since you bought a new battery.

2) Does this battery heat up during charging? Touch the battery case from all around and see if it feels more than body temperature ?

3) If it heats up, open all six covers of the cells and notice if any cells are making bubbles.

4) As Asad said, what is the load shedding schedule ? How much longest (continuous hours) do you get electricity ?

5) During load shedding, what is your average load on the UPS?

6) Exclude the fan running conclusion of yourself, does the UPS have any indication if it is charging or it has stopped charging (any LED or LCD on front side) ?

7) What is the condition of your terminals (which attach to battery) and the UPS side thimbles ? A thin layer of oxide develops over time and causes bad contact.

8) Have you seen improved backup time when you have changed the battery ? Hoe much difference ?

9) Do the battery terminals heat up when Wapda is off and you have load on the UPS ?

10) Post some pictures of your UPS (front, back and battery terminals)

Dear Brothers!

SIMTEK has introduced new PURE SINE WAVE series UPS/Inverters with three stage intelligent charger.

1. Bulk
  2. Absorption
  3. Float

This series is Pure Sine Wave and the 3 stage intelligent charger prolongs the service life of the battery.
Ideal in low budget
i am using with automotive battery i-e AGS

and working perfectly.

you can find details on there website.