Homeage ups problem

i have homeage ups with 175 ags battery , it was working fine back up was good but suddenly a problem arised ,

it charge the battery in just 25 minute and show full battery indication and back up is 5 to 10 minute

kindly help me .,thanks

Battery is finished and needs replacement.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

problem details please.. how old is battery.. ups model.. pics of the setup etc

grab a DC amp meter , check the charging current when the battery shows fully drained and then hook the meter on the wire going from UPS to battery terminal and note the charging current .

If the charging current is less then there is a problem in ups charger . and not in the battery ( probably ) . how old ur battery is ?

the other solution to check is , remove the terminals from battery and hook another charger or another UPS and check the scenario then .

OR

get the battery fully charged from battery wala and also ask from him about the battery health .

Hope it will help .

battery is just 3 month old , bro i do not know how to check ampere but i checked voltage when bttery is dead voltage is 11.50 and when ups is charging then 13.50

chances are that the charger is not functioning properly . please get it checked , or borrow a DC clamp meter and measure the charging current , probably the current or the voltage is not enough to charge this 175 amps battery . best solution is to hook this battery with another UPS and check it k problem baaqi ha k nhn .

gOOD luck

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:6, topic:21834”]

chances are that the charger is not functioning properly . please get it checked , or borrow a DC clamp meter and measure the charging current , probably the current or the voltage is not enough to charge this 175 amps battery . best solution is to hook this battery with another UPS and check it k problem baaqi ha k nhn .

gOOD luck

[/quote]

brother there is four bar of charging and when ups start charging again it start from last bar , and 2nd can u guide me how to measure ampere , please

Looks like battery issue to me. Connect battery with another UPS or just take UPS to a electrician or warranty center. It is good that your battery is in warranty.

[quote=“problem, post:7, topic:21834”]

brother there is four bar of charging and when ups start charging again it start from last bar , and 2nd can u guide me how to measure ampere , please

[/quote]

do you have a DC clamp meter ?

it is wise to connect the same batteries with another UPS to check the batteries are good or not .

more chances are that the charger of your UPS is not functioning properly .

[quote=“problem, post:5, topic:21834”]

battery is just 3 month old , bro i do not know how to check ampere but i checked voltage when bttery is dead voltage is 11.50 and when ups is charging then 13.50

[/quote]

11.50 is enough voltage and the battery should not b DEAD on this voltage atleast . the cut-off voltage is not properly set in your UPS .

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:10, topic:21834”]

11.50 is enough voltage and the battery should not b DEAD on this voltage atleast . the cut-off voltage is not properly set in your UPS .

[/quote]

today i checked it , when homeage trip , i attached the battery with a desi ups and it gave me 2 hours back up ,now please tell me how i can change the lower cutt of volatege of homeage like desi ups .

so hence proved that the battery is OK and problem in UPS charging / cutoff system .

if ur ups is in warranty it is advised that take it to their warranty center and if it is not in warranty , then before opening the cover of the same , please keep in mind that IF u r not good in electronics and u dont have multi meter with you then it is better not to open the cover .

and take it with a ups shop wala and simply ask k ye bohat pahlay hi cut kur deta hai jub k battery charge hoti hai kafi abhi .

if u r still interested to Do it yourself . then .

say BISMILLAH (complete)

Disconnect the ups from the wall socket and also disconnect the battery terminals .

and after doing this keep pressing the ON button of the ups for 5 to 10 seconds . and then

open the cover carefully .

u will see a circuit board , just see minutely there will b 2 or 3 variables (verbo) / variable resistors there and jahan wo lagay hain uskay paas likha hoga MIN CUT usay kisi screw driver se left ki traf ghumain and then keep the cover open and attach the battery and start the UPS and check k kub tak chalta hai agar nhn chal raha aur off ho raha hai jaldi to yehi variable aap doosri traf ghuma k dekhen .

please b very sure not to touch with bare or wet feet on ground when u r working on ups .

again it is advised its not a big masla and u should take this to a ups wala he will take hardly 100 rupees to turn that variable and adjust the cut off voltage for you .

in sha ALLAH .

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:12, topic:21834”]

so hence proved that the battery is OK and problem in UPS charging / cutoff system .

if ur ups is in warranty it is advised that take it to their warranty center and if it is not in warranty , then before opening the cover of the same , please keep in mind that IF u r not good in electronics and u dont have multi meter with you then it is better not to open the cover .

and take it with a ups shop wala and simply ask k ye bohat pahlay hi cut kur deta hai jub k battery charge hoti hai kafi abhi .

if u r still interested to Do it yourself . then .

say BISMILLAH (complete)

Disconnect the ups from the wall socket and also disconnect the battery terminals .

and after doing this keep pressing the ON button of the ups for 5 to 10 seconds . and then

open the cover carefully .

u will see a circuit board , just see minutely there will b 2 or 3 variables (verbo) / variable resistors there and jahan wo lagay hain uskay paas likha hoga MIN CUT usay kisi screw driver se left ki traf ghumain and then keep the cover open and attach the battery and start the UPS and check k kub tak chalta hai agar nhn chal raha aur off ho raha hai jaldi to yehi variable aap doosri traf ghuma k dekhen .

please b very sure not to touch with bare or wet feet on ground when u r working on ups .

again it is advised its not a big masla and u should take this to a ups wala he will take hardly 100 rupees to turn that variable and adjust the cut off voltage for you .

in sha ALLAH .

brother here no one ups wala is willing to repair the homeage ups .:(

[/quote]

[quote=“problem, post:13, topic:21834”]

brother here no one ups wala is willing to repair the homeage ups

[/quote]

Homage Ups service center in Lahore:

Voltage Appliances – Lahore

8/26, Shadbad Colony, Abid Market, Temple Road, Lahore

Pakistan

Tel: +92-42-36366565

City UPS – Lahore

# 409, Main Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-37008030

Prodigy Techonologies – Lahore

E-186, Bank Stop, Walton Road, Lahore Cantt, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-36661551

Power Zone – Lahore

3-K Block, 257 Ferozpur Road, Gulberg III, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-35831346

Power Zone Technologies – Lahore

101, First Floor, Latif Center, 99 Main Feroze pur Road Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-38476707

Powersol UPS – Lahore

3-Temple Road Mian Chambers, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-370380364

Homage Ups service center in Islamabad:

MR UPS – Islamabad

Ground Floor, Manzoor Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2829916

NE Associates – Islamabad

2nd Floor,Chaudhary Plaza, Upper Raja Restaurant Melody, G-6 Markaz

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2201961, 2273441

Communication Business System – Islamabad

House # 403-B , Street # 38-A , I -9/ 4, Islamabad

Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-4861895-9

SNM Pakistan – Islamabad

407, 4th Floor, Ginza Centre, Opp. Telecom Tower Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2567870

Stabac Electronics Co – Islamabad

B-1, Ali Complex, 77, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2277769, 2534596

Homage Ups service center in Karachi:

Simtek Power Services – Karachi

C-5E, Maz Floor, Sunset Lane, Phase-II, DHA, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-21-35386004

Prodigy Techonologies – Karachi

69-A, Block # 6, P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Union Techonologies – Karachi

D-206, 2nd Floor, Kawish Crown Daurlaman Cooperative Housing Society, Block 7 & 8 Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-300-2510997

Ali Business Machine – Karachi

# 24, 2nd Floor (Rear Side), Ebrahim Building, 20-West Wharf Road, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-21-32316816

Sysmatic Power Systems – Karachi

40, Free Market, Shahrah-e-Liaquat, Karachi Sindh

Pakistan

Tel: +92-21-32779422

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:15, topic:21834”]

Homage Ups service center in Lahore:

Voltage Appliances – Lahore

8/26, Shadbad Colony, Abid Market, Temple Road, Lahore

Pakistan

Tel: +92-42-36366565

City UPS – Lahore

# 409, Main Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-37008030

Prodigy Techonologies – Lahore

E-186, Bank Stop, Walton Road, Lahore Cantt, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-36661551

Power Zone – Lahore

3-K Block, 257 Ferozpur Road, Gulberg III, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-35831346

Power Zone Technologies – Lahore

101, First Floor, Latif Center, 99 Main Feroze pur Road Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-38476707

Powersol UPS – Lahore

3-Temple Road Mian Chambers, Lahore, Punjab

Pakistan.

Tel: +92-42-370380364

Homage Ups service center in Islamabad:

MR UPS – Islamabad

Ground Floor, Manzoor Plaza, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2829916

NE Associates – Islamabad

2nd Floor,Chaudhary Plaza, Upper Raja Restaurant Melody, G-6 Markaz

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2201961, 2273441

Communication Business System – Islamabad

House # 403-B , Street # 38-A , I -9/ 4, Islamabad

Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-4861895-9

SNM Pakistan – Islamabad

407, 4th Floor, Ginza Centre, Opp. Telecom Tower Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2567870

Stabac Electronics Co – Islamabad

B-1, Ali Complex, 77, Fazal-e-Haq Road, Blue Area

Islamabad, Pakistan

Tel: +92-51-2277769, 2534596

Homage Ups service center in Karachi:

Simtek Power Services – Karachi

C-5E, Maz Floor, Sunset Lane, Phase-II, DHA, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-21-35386004

Prodigy Techonologies – Karachi

69-A, Block # 6, P.E.C.H.S, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Union Techonologies – Karachi

D-206, 2nd Floor, Kawish Crown Daurlaman Cooperative Housing Society, Block 7 & 8 Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-300-2510997

Ali Business Machine – Karachi

# 24, 2nd Floor (Rear Side), Ebrahim Building, 20-West Wharf Road, Karachi, Sindh

Pakistan.

Tel:+92-21-32316816

Sysmatic Power Systems – Karachi

40, Free Market, Shahrah-e-Liaquat, Karachi Sindh

Pakistan

Tel: +92-21-32779422

[/quote]

thanks brother