Homage UPS Inverter?

Bump

waiting for the reply

i want to give one ups to a person who is in need of running only ONE fan (ceiling fan) 2 energy savers of 24 watts, i think 500 watts UPS wud b enough but i need to know how much bigger battery (lead acid) wud b enough to handle this load for n hour ?

kindly reply .

please note that the electricity shut down intervals are about 4 hours , so in these 4 hours i guess the battery will b charged enough to act as standby for an hour.

Kindl;y also suggest the brand name of UPS n battery too.

thanks

I have inverter Homage 2000, Due to short circuit we got the error msg on the screen of inverter "FAULT 0" , can any body tell me where is the inverter fuse located?

plz help me my inverter give the error message "FAULT 0"... I replace the fuse because fuse melt due to short ciruit....

plz help me how can I remove this error "FAULT 0",, MY UPS trip..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Homage provides 10 amps/hr to the battery during charge phase so after running 3 fans your battery should be able to recharge fully within 1 hr, provided you start with a fully charged battery.

[/quote]

@Raza0007

Can you please explain this by giving calculations ?

10A/Hour provided to battery for one hour and running 3 fans (How much amperage fans consumes when on battery and Wapda)

Regards.

@Raza0007

Can you please explain this by giving calculations ?

10A/Hour provided to battery for one hour and running 3 fans (How much amperage fans consumes when on battery and Wapda)

Regards.

[/quote]

Hi Qasim,

Sorry, but I have stopped coming here frequently, so did not see your post before today. Send me a brief email next time so I know.

My calculations were based on this calculator. If you have a 100 AH battery and you run 3 fans of 70 W each, then the total run time would be 2.3 hrs. Meaning your battery will drain to zero after 2.3 hrs, unlikely in real world as homage inverter will shut down when your battery reaches 20% charge-left stage.

So, from the calculator, if you run 3 fans for one hour then your battery is almost 50% drained. At 10 A/h charge rate, technically it should take 5 hrs for your battery to charge back to 100%, however in real world, rate of charging depends on many other factors, so all you can calculate is an approximate figure. For your specific case you can calculate the time homage takes to charge your battery after one hr use.

I hope I answered your questions…

plz help me my inverter give the error message “FAULT 0”… I replace the fuse because fuse melt due to short ciruit…

plz help me how can I remove this error “FAULT 0”, MY UPS trip…

[/quote]

Only Homage dealer or authorized service person will be able to tell you how to reset your inverter after replacing your fuze. Each unit/model is different and probably have a different method of resetting.

Hi Qasim,

Sorry, but I have stopped coming here frequently, so did not see your post before today. Send me a brief email next time so I know.

My calculations were based on this calculator. If you have a 100 AH battery and you run 3 fans of 70 W each, then the total run time would be 2.3 hrs. Meaning your battery will drain to zero after 2.3 hrs, unlikely in real world as homage inverter will shut down when your battery reaches 20% charge-left stage.

So, from the calculator, if you run 3 fans for one hour then your battery is almost 50% drained. At 10 A/h charge rate, technically it should take 5 hrs for your battery to charge back to 100%, however in real world, rate of charging depends on many other factors, so all you can calculate is an approximate figure. For your specific case you can calculate the time homage takes to charge your battery after one hr use.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for replying

am using Aurora UPS modified SINE Wave 1000VA/600 watts. I am facing the problem that the UPS is continously charging the battery for last 4 days without being used as there is no loadshedding and the fans of ups is continously running.I have taken the UPS to Aurora office they checked the UPS and found that the UPS does not cut off charging even when the battery is fully charged and continously supply a charge of 0.7 to 0.8 Amperes to fully charged battery. My question is that wheter it is a fault or not that the UPS continously charge the fully charge battery with 0.7 Amperes for ever without being used in case of no loadshedding and the UPS does not cut off charging it will in any way damage the battery or not. Please reply me at the earliest

am using Aurora UPS modified SINE Wave 1000VA/600 watts. I am facing the problem that the UPS is continously charging the battery for last 4 days…
[/quote]

Yes, this is a fault in the UPS and you should get it fixed as soon as possible, otherwise it will ruin your battery. A functional UPS should detect when the battery is fully charged and shut off the charging current.

plz help me my inverter give the error message “FAULT 0”… I replace the fuse because fuse melt due to short ciruit…

plz help me how can I remove this error “FAULT 0”, MY UPS trip…

[/quote]

FAULT 0 means that Inverter is not Providing the Feedback signal in Battery Mode, do the following checks

1) Secondary side H-Bridge MOSFETS IRF740 have Shorted, its not a Fuse Problem, give it to Company they will fix it for U

2) check the Change over Relays Contacts sometimes they get weld due to short circuit,

3) check the Track on the PCB near the Current sensing Tx sometimes they burns up

Regards

Engr Asad Hameed

Nustain

@hameeds01, raza and other homage customers

I am in rwp/isb region and considering a UPS for my home use (5 fans + 10 energy savors) and I believe the 2kva would fulfil my needs. I have read quite a few posts in this discussion and haven't seen any major issues coming up with Homage UPS inverter. Just a few questions:

1. How much input does a ceiling fan at full speed require?

2. Do you have idea how good is their customer support in ISB? My concern is that if a UPS stops functioning and I unplug it and bring it to them, how good are they at quickly resolving the issue ?

3. Is the first year parts + service really on them and do they stand by this claim?

Thanks

I am in rwp/isb region and considering a UPS for my home use …

[/quote]

@Bhatti,

1) Most fans consume max 70 W (that would be the wattage consumed at max speed). The wattage is usually written on the fan itself or you can call the company and inquire the wattage of your specific model.

2) I bought my homage 1kva in Jan 2009. It has given me no problem up till now. I have never even called the customer service even once. Perhaps someone else can answer your question.

3) 1 year free service is for factory defect only. If you damage the inverter by incorrect installation etc. I am sure they will ask you to foot the bill.

If you buy homage make sure you get it from the authorized retailers of the company. Also make sure it is the imported Chinese one and not the locally assembled one. Also, observe it closely for the first week to make sure it is operating as it should and not over-charging your battery. If you find any problem get it fixed from the company free of charge.

@Bhatti,

1) Most fans consume max 70 W (that would be the wattage consumed at max speed). The wattage is usually written on the fan itself or you can call the company and inquire the wattage of your specific model.

2) I bought my homage 1kva in Jan 2009. It has given me no problem up till now. I have never even called the customer service even once. Perhaps someone else can answer your question.

3) 1 year free service is for factory defect only. If you damage the inverter by incorrect installation etc. I am sure they will ask you to foot the bill.

If you buy homage make sure you get it from the authorized retailers of the company. Also make sure it is the imported Chinese one and not the locally assembled one. Also, observe it closely for the first week to make sure it is operating as it should and not over-charging your battery. If you find any problem get it fixed from the company free of charge.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info Raza. I looked through this post in detail and I see you have been very helpful. Much appreciated…

Bank Alfalah has given out offers for buying these homage UPS and from there I got the details for supplier website http://www.rni.com.pk/product3.php and they are in the I-10/3 industrial area of ISB. They are also suppliers of kenwood products. I sure hope they should have the proper/imported ups device.

Secondly, can you tell good model numbers for the batteries available in the market these days (if you know any). Metro is advertising “Osaka UPS Battery 125/150” these days that have “UPS 125/150” written on the front, but your comments suggest they are the normal car ones… I see you mentioned you’re using the OSAKA specific model but I believe that was the available option to you in early 2009, any other new models that you know of?

Thirdly, since i am considering the 2kva model that requires two batteries for 24v input, i am thinking to get them in the range of 100/125 each (totalling to 200/250 amp). Considering a full load of 5 fans + 10 (15w) energy savors, Do you think it should be good enough in the long run to support one hour power outage every two hours (after a full charge at installation time)? Even if the situation gets worse to power outage every alternate hour, would this battery size (200/250) still suffice?

Thanks for the info …

[/quote]

The best battery for a UPS is a deep cycle one. Or a battery that has slightly thicker plates as compared to the normal engine starting batteries. When the OSAKA IT series batteries were introduced in NOV 2008, the advertisement mentioned that they were using special thickness for the +ve and -ve plates. They even mentioned the thickness in mm. I checked and compared it with deep cycle batteries and they were slightly more than the lower limit mentioned for a deep cycle battery. They were however thicker than the one used for starting batteries. That is why I went for the OSAKA IT-1000 battery. The battery is working fine up till now. Although it is not a true deep cycle battery, but still it is better than a normal starting battery.

I have not done any research for batteries after Jan 2009, so I do not know if a better alternative is available. About the OSAKA UPS batteries, the ones available before Jan 2009 were just normal starting batteries with new labels. I do not know if they are still the same. You can call VOLTA and ask if these have thicker plates or not.

If I was shopping for a battery today I would have gone for OSAKA IT-1250 based on the performance of the current IT-1000 that I have.

I mentioned a calculator in post#155 on this thread, use it to calculate your battery run time. Make sure your battery run time, with your specific load, is more than 2 hrs. The more the better, as this will ensure you batteries will not discharge below 50%. This will keep your batteries in good health and they will last a long time.

I would get two 140 AH batteries with your setup.

@Raza007

I don't think that a ceiling fan consumes 70 Watts at maximum speed. It consumes a little above 100 Watts.

@Raza007

I don’t think that a ceiling fan consumes 70 Watts at maximum speed. It consumes a little above 100 Watts.

[/quote]

Some ceiling fans might be 100 W but the ones in my home are from PAK FAN and on their website here, the wattage for the largest 56’’ one is max 70 watts.

A fan that consumes 100 W must be quite big (larger than 56’’) and are not typically used inside homes.

Now it may be that the company is lying, after all this is Pakistan, however PAK FANs are also exported so it is unlikely the power consumption info is false.

Why not look at the watts written on your fan? The wattage is usually mentioned on the top side of the fan’s disk. You will have to climb up to see it.

Can someone help me? I have just bought a Luminous 800 VA UPS and using it with Exide UPS 200 battery. I was all happy on my setup until I started my fans. My fans give me a humming noise which is irritating for me. My load is 2 fans and 3 energy savers. Can somebody please guide me what to do and in worst case can I return / sell my Luminous UPS in deficit of max 3000.

Thanks in advance.