Homage UPS Inverter?

@all

are tube lights suppose to restart when the light is switched to UPS.My tube lights restart when UPS takes over ...not the energy savers but the tube light

AOA Raza007!

I want to know about the shops in Rawalpnidi where I can buy a Homage 1000 inverter at best price... hope you can help me with that.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

thanks for the reply and help.

It may sound crazy but I don’t see green or red charging lights on HOMAHE vision 1000. where is it?

[/quote]

I am sorry, I did not realize you had the LCD version. Mine is just the ordinary 1000 VA homage with two LED lights. When it charges, the green LED blinks etc.

Read the manual that came with your model, there has to be some indicator for charging.

By the way, is this the model especially designed for PCs?

@all

are tube lights suppose to restart when the light is switched to UPS.My tube lights restart when UPS takes over …not the energy savers but the tube light

[/quote]

When I had the desi ups last time my tube lights used to restart. This indicates your UPS takes long time to switch from AC to DC.

my homage with a transfer time of 48 milli sec does not restart the tube lights.

AOA Raza007!

I want to know about the shops in Rawalpnidi where I can buy a Homage 1000 inverter at best price… hope you can help me with that.

[/quote]

I do not know about Rawalpindi but their dealers in Islamabad are in blue area “Baig electronics”. I can not locate their phone number, but you can get that from 17 or just drive to blue area and ask some electronics shopkeeper.

I am sorry, I did not realize you had the LCD version. Mine is just the ordinary 1000 VA homage with two LED lights. When it charges, the green LED blinks etc.

Read the manual that came with your model, there has to be some indicator for chars ging.

[/quote]

No, it is for home use 4 fans and 4 tube lights etc.

I read the manual which is shallow one and does not cover any deails about charging.

No, it is for home use 4 fans and 4 tube lights etc.

I read the manual which is shallow one and does not cover any deails about charging.

[/quote]

The homage manual I have lists this twice. Once under the “operation” heading and then in the “specifications” table. What does it say in the “specification” —> “indicator” —> “battery charging mode” section of your manual.

24929938.jpg

[/quote]

I didn’t look too closely at the picture you included earlier. I notice the battery indicator is right on the LCD, showing the charge level of the battery. Does that symbol do something odd when charging, like blink, flash or something?

and whats the 253? I sure hope it is not the output volts.

the battery level indicator will show bars going up and down in that indicator when its charging and when it stops charging it stops doing that and becomes static with bars showing as full, atleast mine does that, not sure abt this model...

The homage manual I have lists this twice. Once under the “operation” heading and then in the “specifications” table. What does it say in the “specification” —> “indicator” —> “battery charging mode” section of your manual.

[/quote]

The manual have specifications but there is not specification as you have mentioned

I didn’t look too closely at the picture you included earlier. I notice the battery indicator is right on the LCD, showing the charge level of the battery. Does that symbol do something odd when charging, like blink, flash or something?

and whats the 253? I sure hope it is not the output volts.

[/quote]

Bars show the level of battery strength but while charging there is no visible activity while changing. Bars only show strength of battery. 253 are VOLTS . on left incomming VOLTS and on right outgoing VOLTS. on UPS mode it normally 230 volts.

package show that this has been imported by www.rni.com.pk from china. but on the website i did not find such informations.

I think earlier some good quality UPS/INVERTERS were imported but now with increase in popularity company has imported low quality BRANDLESS inverter by labelling as HOMAGE.

The manual have specifications but there is not specification as you have mentioned

Bars show the level of battery strength but while charging there is no visible activity while changing. Bars only show strength of battery. 253 are VOLTS . on left incomming VOLTS and on right outgoing VOLTS. on UPS mode it normally 230 volts.

package show that this has been imported by www.rni.com.pk from china. but on the website i did not find such informations.

I think earlier some good quality UPS/INVERTERS were imported but now with increase in popularity company has imported low quality BRANDLESS inverter by labelling as HOMAGE.

[/quote]

You need to contact the dealer who sold you the unit. or call the homage numbers on the pamphlet and ask them about the charge indicator. This seems to be a newer model. I did not see a LCD model when I was shopping in Jan.

or as cq914 pointed out the battery indicator goes up and down while charging.

I received a manual with my homage that lists the specifications, operation procedure, installation, troubleshooting, proper battery installation etc. I do not know why they did not give you a similar manual. Ask the dealer about the manual too.

Like Pakistan the plastic box is a generic box with homage label. It is the circuitry inside that matters.

Also, I am not sure if the LCD is working correctly if it is showing you 253 incoming volts as voltage supplied by WAPDA in Pakistan is 220 V. 253 V will fry your electronics.

I received a manual with my homage that lists the specifications, operation procedure, installation, troubleshooting, proper battery installation etc. I do not know why they did not give you a similar manual. Ask the dealer about the manual too.

Like Pakistan the plastic box is a generic box with homage label. It is the circuitry inside that matters.

Also, I am not sure if the LCD is working correctly if it is showing you 253 incoming volts as voltage supplied by WAPDA in Pakistan is 220 V. 253 V will fry your electronics.

[/quote]

This box also have manual but its specifications are quite different as you have mentioned in your earlier post.

I found that http://www.rni.com.pk/product3.php has info about my model. I could not find earlier due to my slow connection and abundance of flash at site.

You may be astonished but at my home Voltage fluctuates between 250V to 260V. I have other analog meters also multimeter that confirm it. I have been living here for three years and one damage that is caused by it is that NO Bulb lasts more than 3 weeks.

I also know areas where at peak load voltage is not more than 140V . Its Pakistan!

This box also have manual but its specifications are quite different as you have mentioned in your earlier post.

I found that http://www.rni.com.pk/product3.php has info about my model. I could not find earlier due to my slow connection and abundance of flash at site.

You may be astonished but at my home Voltage fluctuates between 250V to 260V. I have other analog meters also multimeter that confirm it. I have been living here for three years and one damage that is caused by it is that NO Bulb lasts more than 3 weeks.

I also know areas where at peak load voltage is not more than 140V . Its Pakistan!

[/quote]

They don’t have the previous model on the website anymore. It is a similar shaped box with LEDs instead of an LCD. You should get the manual from their service center or dealer.

You should complain to PEPCO or WAPDA or whoever supplies you electricity. 250-260 V is huge. Electric equipment in Pakistan is designed to operate on 220 V. They can take about 230 V but not more than that. Some are made for export to middle east, so they can work on 240 V. It is usually mentioned at the back of the unit. but mostly in Pakistan you have 220 V max voltage equipment. So, it is not only the bulbs that will malfunction but your other expensive equipment like TV, Fridge, Deep freezer, AC etc will also not last long at 250 V supply. It is very important you get that fixed.

Read the manual that came with your model, there has to be some indicator for charging.

[/quote]

Yes, it is really strange for me…I never see any electronic UPS in the market with LCD…mine is also simple with three LEDs only.

I was under the impression that Homage automatically sensed the charge level of the battery. When the charge is low the 2-stage charger charges the battery in high mode. When battery is nearing full charge it then charges it in low mode. When fully charged it stops charging and then maintains the full charge.

The charging light only blinks when the homage is charging in high mode. Since, your homage’s charging light never stopped blinking, it would mean the inverter never went to the low mode and kept on charging your battery in high mode.

This would mean a fault in the inverters charger but this should be a unique case. Did the dealer say all the homage units have this problem? Because if they do then the claim it has an “auto sensing intelligent charger” is a false claim by the company.

[/quote]

Yes, this is the case actually…Homage service centre representative told me that this problem will occur in nearly every Homage UPS once the battery condition starts to degrade & this workaround is required to be done with every UPS. Also he recommended to inform anyone using Homage to get this done within warranty period to save Rs. 300 service charges when problm arises after warranty period expires.

Yes, this is the case actually…Homage service centre representative told me that this problem will occur in nearly every Homage UPS once the battery condition starts to degrade & this workaround is required to be done with every UPS. Also he recommended to inform anyone using Homage to get this done within warranty period to save Rs. 300 service charges when problm arises after warranty period expires.

[/quote]

But then what will you do if you connect a new battery with your homage, repeat this Rs. 300 procedure again?

my desi UPS starts giving a characteristic hum as soon as the WAPDA power goen off.

furthermore, ceiling fan motors also start giving grinding sounds when powered by the said desi UPS.

seems that there is some problem in the power factor conditioning segment. is it possible to correct it?

after seeing the prices of latest Homage 2.0kVA inverter in sunday newspapers i have started pondering about my desi choice which costed me Rs. 15000/- for the unit alone.

my desi UPS starts giving a characteristic hum as soon as the WAPDA power goen off.

furthermore, ceiling fan motors also start giving grinding sounds when powered by the said desi UPS.

seems that there is some problem in the power factor conditioning segment. is it possible to correct it?

after seeing the prices of latest Homage 2.0kVA inverter in sunday newspapers i have started pondering about my desi choice which costed me Rs. 15000/- for the unit alone.

[/quote]

Most likely your Desi UPS produces square wave. Square wave electricity will cause your motors to produce a characteristic hum. It can be any motor; fans, water motors, servo motor inside hard drives etc. The hum is less for a modified sine wave and does not exist for a pure sine wave. The only way you can fix your problem is if you can change the output of your UPS from square wave to pure sine wave, which is technically not feasible.

Your UPS itself produces humming because to two possible reasons:

1) UPS has a fan running inside that on a square wave will produce a hum.

2) The transformer inside the UPS is not tied down properly, so when the UPS runs the transformer vibrates, causing the whole casing to vibrate with it. My old desi UPS had this problem as the UPS used to produce a sound that could be heard outside the room.

Hi all,

I am planning to buy an Inverter. It seems I have two choices, Mercury radiant 2000 or Homage (the 1000+ watt) series. My requirement is max 3 fans at night and during the day 2 fans and 2 energy savors (25W i suppose). My question is first, out of the two, mercury or homage, which one should i go for? And the most important question, with the light going nearly every other hour, will this give me the usage for an hour and also charge the batteries enough in one hour?

I know I have to use deep cycle batteries, and I think at the moment only osaka (volta) is offering such batteries. I dont think the homage batteries are deep cycle as they dont mention it, they simply state its maintenance free, could be just a general starting battery.

So basically should i go for mercury or homage? And will they be able to charge the battery in 1 hour enough to run the next hour on batteries? Mercury radiant 2000 requires 24V batteries, probably will be getting two 120 ah in parallel? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Xeshu, only a person who has tried both mercury and homage can give you the answer you require and it will be very hard to find one. As per you requirement of 3 fans, both will be able to run them. I have a 600 W homage and it can run 4 fans at full speed simultaneously, so the 1200 W one should be able to run more then this. The run time depends on the size of the battery.

Nowadays, my 600 W homage runs 3 fans + 15 W night light + 2 mortein mosquito killer plugin things on a 140 amp/hr battery and they run for the whole hour.

As for how long it will take to recharge the battery you can get an estimate from this calculator http://www.donrowe.com/inverters/inverter_faq.html#how_long

Homage provides 10 amps/hr to the battery during charge phase so after running 3 fans your battery should be able to recharge fully within 1 hr, provided you start with a fully charged battery.

As far as the comparison between Homage and mercury, you should look at the specifications for both and decide which suits you more.

With a 1200 W homage or mercury get two 140 amp/hr batteries (budget permitting), they should provide you with a lot more than your required backup time.