Homage UPS Inverter?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Your homage’s charger might have developed a problem. you will need to get it checked by the dealer. If the battery is heating up to such an extent that the water is boiling, you should disconnect the battery from UPS at once or your battery will be ruined.

When you shut off the UPS wait for 30 minutes, battery should cool down.

I had a desi UPS last year and it too used to boil the water inside my old battery. My old battery was ruined.

[/quote]

Thanks Raza for your comment…but I already tried this before; I switched off Homage UPS switch (didn’t disconnected any wires, just switch off) & let it off for more than 4 hours but still the battery remains too hot, i think the problem is with the battery…probably?? not sure

^ Get the battery load tested from some good battery shop. Battery getting too hot/boiling fluid indicate failing battery.

soon ur battery needs replacement

Chances are a plate has broken inside the battery, and your battery is not returning a sufficient charge level thus the charger is essentially stucking in bulk charging mode which is literally boiling your battery. Time to get the battery changed + get your UPS checked out. If you take an already charged battery and plug it with your UPS, does it show that the battery is "charged" or does it also boil up that battery?

Eitherway, the battery is dead.

I have a Homage UPS and was having the same problem. After one hour of charging, now I switch off the UPS completely i.e unplug it from the electrical outlet, in other words operating it manually and the problem has disapeared. Battery is again giving me 90 minutes of back up time. Though its a cumbersome procedure but working for me.

yup these inverter needs a feedback from the battery that a charge level has reached so if either the battery is not giving out the feedback due to plate problem or if the chargeback sensor of inverter gets faulty it keeps charging..... so u wud need to check both of em.... first check the batteries with the voltmetre with power supply turned off and then turned that how much volts they are giving out...... if they are giving out correct voltage then get your inverter checked.

Dear All, Many thanks to all for the useful suggestions.

I 've finally got the exact problem that is happening & everyone using Homage UPS must check this out.

I disconnected all wires & when reconnect the UPS to batteries it stopped charging battery (static charging light) but again once it takes load while electricity shut down, it again started to recharge & keep on going again....means the problem is in UPS charge level sensor.

I took the UPS to Homage service centre, they informed me that actually UPS charge level sensors are set to higher ratings & usually batteries dont retain this much strength after around 1year use, so UPS won't reach the required power level & will keep on charging. They are going to set the chrge level sensor to lower ratings & as per their feedback UPS should work well then.

Means everyone must perform this workaround after nearly 1year usage of UPS...mine was free as it was still in warranty but otherwise they charge Rs. 300 for doing this.

I hope it helps....any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

AOA

I have bought HOMAGE 1000VA UPS and have to question to ask. I hope some one would be able to help me.

A sticker at the UPS says in WARNING at point NO 3

"The neutral wires of AC output connector and AC input connector should be LINKED through a jumper."

pleae refer image below.

Would some one explain what does that mean and is it necessry?

Pq1TqoK9.jpg

other question is that I am already using UPS. Electrician wired the UPS into circuit by giving PHASE by UPS and used NEUTRAL from exisating home wiring to save his time of installation. Now while switching to HOMAGE ups will I have to again rewire by taking both PHASE & NEUTRAL from UPS to Appliances?

hello there @izkhan brother where have u bought homage ups any adresses written on box? where can i buy it in lahore any company number will be helpful

@raza007

sir can u help me electrician came to my place to install UPS and said there is no earth wire in hose .... how can that be while my original electrician said there is earth wiring done he showed me green wire in distribution boared whihc i rember he grounded also there is also earth leage done to house.......... but circuit breakeer only trips when there is short circuit ... when some one get current it is not tripped can u help me understand ? thanks

I am waiting for HELP regarding my Questions

Please some one guide.

@alo here are contacts

aV1woH69.jpg

By the way one user of HOMAGE told me that this UPS boiled two batteries in 6 months and he get rid of this UPS

AOA

I have bought HOMAGE 1000VA UPS and have to question to ask. I hope some one would be able to help me.

A sticker at the UPS says in WARNING at point NO 3

"The neutral wires of AC output connector and AC input connector should be LINKED through a jumper."

pleae refer image below.

Would some one explain what does that mean and is it necessry?

other question is that I am already using UPS. Electrician wired the UPS into circuit by giving PHASE by UPS and used NEUTRAL from exisating home wiring to save his time of installation. Now while switching to HOMAGE ups will I have to again rewire by taking both PHASE & NEUTRAL from UPS to Appliances?

[/quote]

If you have a circuit breaker in your house then it means there should be no load between the circuit breaker and homage input and between homage output and circuit breaker.

Normally, you get the input to your homage from a electric socket and run the output wires from homage back to the circuit breaker from where it goes to your desired rooms. If you have done this then the input and output neutrals should be common as both come from the same circuit breaker. If you put something in between the homage output and circuit breaker then the input and output neutrals are not common anymore.

You should always get a professional electrician to install UPS etc. I had mine done by an electrician. They charge you Rs. 500 but it is worth it.

I hope I answered your question. Let me know if you still have problems.

@raza007

sir can u help me electrician came to my place to install UPS and said there is no earth wire in hose … how can that be while my original electrician said there is earth wiring done he showed me green wire in distribution boared whihc i rember he grounded also there is also earth leage done to house… but circuit breakeer only trips when there is short circuit … when some one get current it is not tripped can u help me understand ? thanks

[/quote]

Actually, most houses in Pakistan are not properly earthed. To properly earth the house you need to have a common earth from the electric source, which would be the step down transformer of WAPDA. But normally this is not done. My house is not properly earthed and neither is any house in my sector. I live in Islamabad.

You can have your house properly earthed but you will need to run a wire back to your transformer.

All you need to do is to make sure all your home wires come from the same circuit breaker, then they all have a common neutral, it is sufficient for most residential houses.

By the way one user of HOMAGE told me that this UPS boiled two batteries in 6 months and he get rid of this UPS

[/quote]

Homage UPS is an electronic equipment and like all electronic equipment it can develop faults. If your homage is boiling batteries then there is something wrong with its charger. Normally it should stop after charging the battery, but if the circuit that determines when a battery is fully charged has developed a fault then it will not stop charging the battery. Which in most cases will ruin the battery. So, if you notice something odd about your UPS, get it fixed at once.

Luckily my homage has been working fine since Jan.

I took the UPS to Homage service centre, they informed me that actually UPS charge level sensors are set to higher ratings & usually batteries dont retain this much strength after around 1year use, so UPS won’t reach the required power level & will keep on charging. They are going to set the chrge level sensor to lower ratings & as per their feedback UPS should work well then.

Means everyone must perform this workaround after nearly 1year usage of UPS…mine was free as it was still in warranty but otherwise they charge Rs. 300 for doing this.

I hope it helps…any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

[/quote]

I was under the impression that Homage automatically sensed the charge level of the battery. When the charge is low the 2-stage charger charges the battery in high mode. When battery is nearing full charge it then charges it in low mode. When fully charged it stops charging and then maintains the full charge.

The charging light only blinks when the homage is charging in high mode. Since, your homage’s charging light never stopped blinking, it would mean the inverter never went to the low mode and kept on charging your battery in high mode.

This would mean a fault in the inverters charger but this should be a unique case. Did the dealer say all the homage units have this problem? Because if they do then the claim it has an “auto sensing intelligent charger” is a false claim by the company.

just bought degitech UPS today . its made in karachi ups and the model i bought is used for running pc other simple models were also there but i preferred it is 1500va 12v ... i had initially made plan to buyhomage inverter but too many conflicting reviews about it..... the digitech company claims that this UPS is capable of running almost 6fans and 12 24w energy savers or three pc with out starting............ i have put AGS battery 200amp with it..................... i went to look for osaka IT battery but then i was told by battery guy that AGS is now making thick plate batteries also AGS simple model of 200amp battery is 27 plate battery where as AGS UPS 200 battery is 25 plates soo though i went to buy volta i ended up buying AGS lets see how things go...........i have not put any load on it yet will do it tomoorw and will let u know how things go.... price which i paid for this UPS is 11500 .....

I switched to HOMAGE yesterday. My desi UPS was making battery hot. Same problem is with HOMAGE. My Question is if there is any option in HOMAGE that I can control charging?. I Powered OFF UPS by button located on UPS but it seems it still charges the battery as battery is stll hot. Any suggestion that I can switch off charging when battery gets enoogh hot?

@izkhan are u using old batteries? may be ur batteries were damaged by old UPS and thus now they are getting hot by normal charging too.......more over little bit batteries do tend to get hot .

@all

i am having strange problem my ups is fine other wise when i attach y laptop to it it does not restart but when light goes the tube light has to restart is it ok? i mean does tube lights always restart on ups?

@izkhan are u using old batteries? may be ur batteries were damaged by old UPS and thus now they are getting hot by normal charging too…more over little bit batteries do tend to get hot .
[/quote]

Battery is nearly one year old. The problem is that battery is not only hot but near to BOIL. I want to stop charging manualy so hat battery is not damaged because UPS is over charging it.

There is no indicator of charging on HOMAGE 1000VA. some one was talking about charging indicator /light where it is?

Battery is nearly one year old. The problem is that battery is not only hot but near to BOIL. I want to stop charging manualy so hat battery is not damaged because UPS is over charging it.

There is no indicator of charging on HOMAGE 1000VA. some one was talking about charging indicator /light where it is?

[/quote]

When homage is charging in high mode the green light blinks. When it is charging in low mode or during normal operation the green light remains steady.

If the dielectric between the plates of your battery is damaged, probably due to over charging, then your battery will just act as a conductor during the charging mode and instead of building up charge it will just boil the water. Get your battery checked.

When homage is charging in high mode the green light blinks. When it is charging in low mode or during normal operation the green light remains steady.

If the dielectric between the plates of your battery is damaged, probably due to over charging, then your battery will just act as a conductor during the charging mode and instead of building up charge it will just boil the water. Get your battery checked.

[/quote]

thanks for the reply and help.

It may sound crazy but I don’t see green or red charging lights on HOMAHE vision 1000. where is it?

24929938.jpg