Homage UPS Inverter?

@ Raza0007 : yes, your comments were realy helpful for me. i will InshaAllah post scanned form of tech spec tomorrow morning. might be that will help you to better suggest.

Meanwhile i called shopkeeper , he told me that he is using 185 Amp/hr battery at his own home with this 1000 watts inverter, but that battery is dry celled.

and the electrician referred by shopkeeper, i also talked to him. he told me that all of their customers who bought 1000 watts inverter are using 140 Amp battety and it is working. he even said that i can even use 185 Amp battery but in that case charging time will be much longer.

If that is what they are saying then you should do it. I have not seen this inverter so I may be a poor guide in this regard. Use the battery that they recommend.

this is technical spec page, mu model is of 1000 Watts, and they have ticked some options manually. tech%20spec%20http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1305/twonew.jpg

this is the battery usage page Battery%20spec%20etc%20http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9318/onenew.jpg

@ Raza0007 did this help you in suggesting something better ? :)

^ Go with the recommendation of your UPS dealer. Your inverter specs are good. But I have to say that this is the first inverter I have seen that can output 2000 W with only a single 12V battery.

Most inverters in the market are 1000VA/600W using single 12v battery and 2000VA/1200W using single 24V or two 12V (series) batteries.

So, I am a little surprised by the output power of this inverter.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Go with the recommendation of your UPS dealer. Your inverter specs are good. But I have to say that this is the first inverter I have seen that can output 2000 W with only a single 12V battery.

Most inverters in the market are 1000VA/600W using single 12v battery and 2000VA/1200W using single 24V or two 12V (series) batteries.

So, I am a little surprised by the output power of this inverter.

[/quote]

actually i guess there will be no light for continuous three hours in peak season (summer load shedding), so i need good back up time. i can have 185 Amp battery, but would not that be facing charging problem ??? > (threr hour load shedding and then two hour continuous light), provided if i run two fans.

actually i guess there will be no light for continuous three hours in peak season (summer load shedding), so i need good back up time. i can have 185 Amp battery, but would not that be facing charging problem ??? > (threr hour load shedding and then two hour continuous light), provided if i run two fans.

[/quote]

Yes, it would. You should have thought of that before buying. I looked at all these values before buying the homage inverter. Since now you have already bought the inverter, I would suggest you forget about charging and just look at your needs.

Start with a fully charged battery, then it should be okay with 3 hr load shedding and 2 hour light, with two fans.

Start with a fully charged battery, then it should be okay with 3 hr load shedding and 2 hour light, with two fans.

[/quote]

with what battery size ??? 2 fans running 3 hrs with chraging two hours.

I am planning to buy a Homage Inverter 2000VA for load load shedding as well as for my PC at home. I am sure that it will work well with fans and lights but what about PC? Does anyone have any experience with Homage Inverter using with PC?

Yes, it would. You should have thought of that before buying. I looked at all these values before buying the homage inverter. Since now you have already bought the inverter, I would suggest you forget about charging and just look at your needs.

[/quote]

@ Raza0007 : can you please suggest me also the size of ciruit breaker? as there is alreasy no ciruit breaker installed at my home. i will just put circuit breaker on input and output of inverter (two breakers). so what Ampere circuit breaker is required ?

I will have my inverter connected to 4 to 5 Fans (running 2 or 3 fans at the same time At MAX) and four energy savers (running 3 at max at the same time). so what should be size (in Amperes) of both circuit breakers (on input and out output of inverter)?

I am planning to buy a Homage Inverter 2000VA for load load shedding as well as for my PC at home. I am sure that it will work well with fans and lights but what about PC? Does anyone have any experience with Homage Inverter using with PC?
[/quote]

Your PC will run fine with homage but when the light goes and homage takes over the PC will reboot. So, if you are looking for a UPS that will prevent your PC from rebooting as well then this model of homage is not suitable. You can ask the dealer if they sell homage UPS for PCs as they gave me a pamphlet which said they did.

The thing to look at while buying a UPS for PC is the transfer time from AC to DC(UPS). It should be less then 5 ms to be usable with a PC.

The 2000VA homage has a transfer rate between 16-48 ms depending on the mode you use it in.

@ Raza0007 : can you please suggest me also the size of ciruit breaker? as there is alreasy no ciruit breaker installed at my home. i will just put circuit breaker on input and output of inverter (two breakers). so what Ampere circuit breaker is required ?

I will have my inverter connected to 4 to 5 Fans (running 2 or 3 fans at the same time At MAX) and four energy savers (running 3 at max at the same time). so what should be size (in Amperes) of both circuit breakers (on input and out output of inverter)?

[/quote]

Look at the post#22 in this thread. I gave a link of a calculator. Put your total load consumption in watts in it and battery size, it will tell you the running time.

My homage is connected to a 5 amp switch in my circuit breaker. It requires 5.5 amps input. I did not see an input current specification for your inverter on the pages you uploaded, so it will be difficult for me to guide you. I am sure it will be around 5 amp. For that you need to connect it to a 5 amp switch. but you need to ask this from the dealer.

I am a little suspicious of your inverter specs because there is no way for an inverter to produce 2000 W from a single 12V battery without a transformer. Does your inverter have a transformer inside it?

on my inverter where AC input wire is plugged in , there is written Fuse T 10.0 A current. my brother has opened his inverter and he told me that this inverer has transformer inside it but of small size as compare to local made UPS.

my local electrician suggested me 6 Ampere Breaker.

@Raza007 can you please tell me , whether breaker should be on input of inverter or on output of the inverter?

on my inverter where AC input wire is plugged in , there is written Fuse T 10.0 A current. my brother has opened his inverter and he told me that this inverer has transformer inside it but of small size as compare to local made UPS.

my local electrician suggested me 6 Ampere Breaker.

@Raza007 can you please tell me , whether breaker should be on input of inverter or on output of the inverter?

[/quote]

Go with the recommendation of your local electrician. The 5 amp switch I mentioned is basically a 6 amp breaker as when the current exceeds 6 amps it trips and shut off the current. The breaker of course will be at the input of the inverter. Your inverter outputs constant 5 amps, it the input connected to local electric grid that sometimes fluctuates up and down considerably and needs protection.

A transformer will indeed help generate extra wattage but still 2000 W!! Anyway, if it is working for your brother it will work for you too.

Just make sure you have a electrician setup the inverter properly as you do not have a central circuit breaker. The negative of the inverter input and negative of the inverter output should be connected together. There should not be any device in between them. The negatives of all the rooms appliances need to be connected to each other too. An electrician will tell you what I am saying better. My own wiring was done by a electrician who charged Rs. 500 for the work. It is better to get it done professionally or lose your inverter to a power spike.

thanks a Lot Raza0007 for all your timly responses and help.

I had my inverter to appliances wiring Duble wired, means independant double wiring circuit from WAPDA. in that case i do not think i need all negatives connected together.

Your PC will run fine with homage but when the light goes and homage takes over the PC will reboot. So, if you are looking for a UPS that will prevent your PC from rebooting as well then this model of homage is not suitable. You can ask the dealer if they sell homage UPS for PCs as they gave me a pamphlet which said they did.

The thing to look at while buying a UPS for PC is the transfer time from AC to DC(UPS). It should be less then 5 ms to be usable with a PC.

The 2000VA homage has a transfer rate between 16-48 ms depending on the mode you use it in.

[/quote]

Thanks for the information.

BTW, is there any difference between the connecting a UPS or an Inverter (like Homage) with your household wiring? What is double-wiring?

as per my perception double wiring is : you make wiring of all appliance you want to run on UPS on seperate wiring (using double wire of live and nuteral ), then you input that sub circut wiring from UPS/.

incase you do not want UPS usage any more, you simply plug that input (of sub circuit ) shoe to WApDa line.

Inverter plus charger can act as an UPS, but there a minor technical difference as well in UPS and inverter based UPS. i would advise Inverter based (imported) UPS , with real sine wave.

Today i bought Osaka IT 1000 battery for 7800 rupees. whereas shopkeeper told me it is 160 Amp/Hr. but i think he lied, it is 14 Amp/hr.

@ Raza0007 what price you bought IT 1000 Osaka battery ?

Today i bought Osaka IT 1000 battery for 7800 rupees. whereas shopkeeper told me it is 160 Amp/Hr. but i think he lied, it is 14 Amp/hr.

@ Raza0007 what price you bought IT 1000 Osaka battery ?

[/quote]

I bought mine from metro cash and carry for 7100 and got it activated separately for 400. so, total 7500. IT-1000 is 140 Amp/hr. IT-1250 is 160 amp/hr. You can call volta main office tel # on your warranty card to check the amp/hr.

Thanks for the information.

BTW, is there any difference between the connecting a UPS or an Inverter (like Homage) with your household wiring? What is double-wiring?

[/quote]

Anything that can provide uninterpreted power is called a UPS. Some are transformer based others are inverter based. Some produce modified sine wave others produce pure sine wave, stepped sine wave, even square wave. Each has different price depending on what it does.

UPS typically charges your battery during normal electricity. If you get an inverter only then you need to buy a charger separately. Homage has a charger built in.

There is no difference but most desi UPS have their negative input/output connected together internally. If you had a desi UPS before and it was working fine and now you have shifted to an imported UPS like Homage, you need to make sure you connect the negative on the inverter input and output together externally as they are not connected internally. An electrician can guide you there.

I have got my UPS installed today.... lets see what performace it gives in peak season...