Homage UPS Inverter?

i am using this small ups with two alto car batteries exide 44 amp x 2 = 88 amp , i am using this only for my computer and this is working well, i charge these batteries with other charger, and my computer never restart when wapda goes

^ whats the backup time ?

the backup is 1 hour and 40 minutes with 1 computer

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i m using a 500 watts ups with 10 minutes backup, only for the purpose to properly shutdown my computer, this ups is 24 V with two internal dry batteries, each battery is of 7 amp/h , its backup time is 10 minute only and it is working well, how can i extend its backup in hours with replacing big batteries?? can this small ups charge the big batteries?? if not then how can i use it for long backup??? tell me friends plzzzzzzzz
[/quote]

Why were you asking then? didn’t get you

--

If your experiment was successful with these batteires then try it also with two 120 amperes batteries. If your UPS’ transformer didn’t blast, you will ultimately get a backup of straight 8 or more than 8 hours.

[/quote]

i think it’s transformer will never be blast because it’s quality is good, with this small ups i only convert DC to AC and i charge the batteries with other 24 V charger…

i am thinking about that i should buy two big batteries of Osaka IT series 120 amp x 2 , whats amp and charging voltages of charger are suitable and best for these two big batteries to charge …

--

Why are you so much digging for these experiments? Buy a large UPS like 2000 VA (1200 watts) that works with two 24 volts batteries. Like Homage 2000 VA Inverter.
[/quote]

i m not setisfied by Homage ups 2000 VA because homage ups restart the computer every time when wapda goes, homage ups is only suitable for fans and lights…

hi, i bought my Homage Vision 1000 matrix series (latest) invertor few days back and connected it to Osaka IT 1000 battery. It is going great so far however im concerned about an issue. When i connect my LCD tv (32" Samsung tv) to this invertor it works perfectly fine however a slight buzzing sound keeps coming from tv's back side, it reduces on stand by mode. My laptop charger also produces this sound but very low as compared to TV. No such sound comes when lamp or speaker is connected. I can sense it has something to do with this MOdified sine wave thing.

KIndly tell me is it normal for invertor to do so or can it harm m LCD tv? Thanks

my 1 kva ups charges 150 amp/h battery for just 50 min. & it got discharged in jst 30 min. Whats the problem

it works perfectly fine however a slight buzzing sound keeps coming from tv’s back side, it reduces on stand by mode. My laptop charger also produces this sound but very low as compared to TV. No such sound comes when lamp or speaker is connected.
[/quote]

Of course you are right. This is due to the fact that it is a PWM waveform which your UPS is generating. The magnetic components inside your LCD power supply (basically filters / inductors) don’t like the non-sine wave. These components make buzzing sound when used on non-sine wave power supply.

As such you don’t need to worry about it.

my 1 kva ups charges 150 amp/h battery for just 50 min. & it got discharged in jst 30 min. Whats the problem
[/quote]

How old is your battery ? If your charger is OK, then it is time to replace the battery.

Can you please give more explanation of your problem ?

Been there, done that. So I don't think that you will encounter any problems.

^ thanks a lot mate for ur reply

battery AGS 148 amp/hr is just 6 months old & allright as informd by dealer

[/quote]

Get your charger checked by using an Ampere meter… it is probably not fully charging the battery.

Or your UPS low battery calibration is disturbed. May be it turns off the inverter at 12V instead of 11V, for example…thinking that battery has discharged.

guyz i have 195 ah battery tell me expected backup time at 50% load of my ups. (means 400w)

it is 800w deutche power