Homage UPS Inverter?

@Mystikal

On UPS use the fans on full speed. If you use them on slow speed you will hear that humming sound.

@Raza007

I am also talking about these 56" ceiling fans. I know that the company says it consumes less energy like 70 or 80 Watts but actually they consume more power. And normally old fans consume more power.

@Wrangler79

No, but can you (somebody else) please tell me a permanent solution for this problem. As at times one can't run it on full speed and also they get automatically faster when switch over to UPS.

Please help.

Also does it show that my UPS is of low quality (Pls refer to post # 168 for details)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can someone help me? I have just bought a Luminous 800 VA UPS and using it with Exide UPS 200 battery. I was all happy on my setup until I started my fans. My fans give me a humming noise which is irritating for me. My load is 2 fans and 3 energy savers. Can somebody please guide me what to do and in worst case can I return / sell my Luminous UPS in deficit of max 3000.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

The humming noise is due to the modified sine wave being output by your UPS. The only way to get rid of the humming is to switch to a pure sine wave UPS. Pure sine wave ups are more expensive than modified sine wave ones.

Also, if your fans get faster then this means UPS output is more than 220-230 V AC. Check and see if your UPS has an AVR (auto voltage regulator) built in. AVR automatically adjust the UPS output voltage based on the load running on it.

A person did post on this thread that he can modify a modified sine wave UPS in such a way that the fans do not produce hum anymore. You can get in touch with him. He is user hameeds01.

Thanks a lot Mr. @Raza0007 for a helping reply.

@Raza007

I am also talking about these 56" ceiling fans. I know that the company says it consumes less energy like 70 or 80 Watts but actually they consume more power. And normally old fans consume more power.

[/quote]

Well, like I said before, if the company is lying then there is nothing to be done. However keep in mind that the power consumption of a fan depends on my factors. Size, pitch, angle of the blades, material used in the construction of the blades, quality of the coil, capacitors inside the fan, RPM of the fan and the air displacement of the fan. So, it is difficult to compare two fans made by different companies even if they are the same size fans. The only way to measure the true wattage probably is by calculating it yourself.

However, typically the watts mentioned on electric appliances are the maximum that appliance will ever consume. So, if your washing machine says 290 W then that means it will consume 290 W only when it is running at max speed. So, since the company says the fans consume 70 W. This has to be the rating at max speed. These fans are also exported so probably have to meet some sort of certification or something. You can get away by making false claims in Pakistan, however, in other countries you can get sued. So that was my reasoning that they should consume only 70 W. It might be that the company is selling inferior quality products in domestic market but good quality one abroad. Who knows.

@Raza0007 I don't know about AVR but it does have a "Regulated" & "Unregulated" mode. Can it help?

@Raza0007 I don’t know about AVR but it does have a “Regulated” & “Unregulated” mode. Can it help?
[/quote]

What does the manual say? Try putting it in the regulated mode and see if your problem is solved.

@Raza0007

Already tried Regulated mode but that too doesn't solve the issue :(

Dear

Home Age or other type of light weight inverters are built in low frequency and modified sine wave, for that the speed of fans reduced on running battery mode, no body can fix the problem as it is based on technology of manufecturing.

we are selling sine wave digital ups and the quality of lights and fans speed remains constant till the end of battery mode.

PowerGuard Energy System

19-A Trust Plaza

Gujranwala

0300-6401612

@Raza0007

Already tried Regulated mode but that too doesn’t solve the issue :(

[/quote]

Does the fans get faster when there is only 1 fan running on the UPS? Try running 3 fans simultaneously on your UPS and see if they all get faster or not. Also refer to the manual that came with the UPS for explanation of regulated vs unregulated mode.

So, I proceeded with the purchase of homage 1kva/600w from the pindi dealer in Baara market (sole dealer in twin cities, contact details given to me by the rni service center) along with a 150amp battery and been using it for two days now and so far so good MashAllah... The speed drop for the fans and the sound change is almost unnoticeable, the tube light though makes a slight buzzing sound that I am planning to replace with an energy savor very soon.

@Raza

I just wanted to check from you about the load on it. I have 4 fans + 10-12 (14w energy savors) on it and with all of them operating, the load level indicator on UPS shows three bars. One thing that I figured is that my ceiling fans are 48" size and 20 year old installed fans (winding/capacitors repaired once/twice) and the sticker on top shows a 50w label. Not sure what the actual consumption is but is definitely less than 70-80, thats why the load indicator is showing 3 bars at max load.

I dont plan to put more load on it, but If I do, I understand its going to trip but what will be the indication on UPS? Is it going to turn itself off and I'll have to reduce the load and restart UPS? Or some on/off switch at the back?

@Raza

I just wanted to check from you about the…

[/quote]

So you went with the 600 W Homage instead. Your UPS can handle the load that you mentioned. In fact it can take a load of up to 600 W, if you exceed that the UPS will beep loudly for 10 seconds and then shut it self off, at least this is what the supplied manual says for my model. I have a LED version not the newer LCD version.

Keep in mind that even though your UPS can handle your given load however the battery will be significantly discharged after 1 hr use, up to 50% for your load. Make sure it does not get discharged below this otherwise frequent deep discharge/recharge cycles will significantly reduce the life of your battery.

As far as fans go, I have no idea what the wattage will be after the fans have been repaired etc. The only way to know for sure is to measure the actual wattage your fan is consuming. This can probably be done by a technician with proper equipment but very difficult for a home user.

Which company battery did you buy?

So you went with the 600 W Homage instead. Your UPS can handle the load that you mentioned. In fact it can take a load of up to 600 W, if you exceed that the UPS will beep loudly for 10 seconds and then shut it self off, at least this is what the supplied manual says for my model. I have a LED version not the newer LCD version.

Keep in mind that even though your UPS can handle your given load however the battery will be significantly discharged after 1 hr use, up to 50% for your load. Make sure it does not get discharged below this otherwise frequent deep discharge/recharge cycles will significantly reduce the life of your battery.

As far as fans go, I have no idea what the wattage will be after the fans have been repaired etc. The only way to know for sure is to measure the actual wattage your fan is consuming. This can probably be done by a technician with proper equipment but very difficult for a home user.

Which company battery did you buy?

[/quote]

Yeah, they were short of the 2kva ups and so i brought down a few requirements to adjust with the 600w ups. There are only a couple of times during the day when I have 4 fans + few bulbs running otherwise its mostly 3 fans and 3-4 bulbs (and at night times just the 3 fans) that are running on battery backup and at those times the load level on UPS shows 2 bars. Yesterday, I noticed that after an hour of outage (with 3 fans + 4/5 bulbs running) it took around 3 hours for the batteries to charge, so I sure hope its not consuming 50% of the charge during power outage.

I went with Exide NP150…

@bhatti

Can you please tell whats the price of Exide NP150 battery and Homage 600 Watts UPS? Is that UPS China made or Pakistani? Because a shopkeeper was telling me that due to shortage of Homage UPS, the company has started making local Homage UPS.

@bhatti

Can you please tell whats the price of Exide NP150 battery and Homage 600 Watts UPS? Is that UPS China made or Pakistani? Because a shopkeeper was telling me that due to shortage of Homage UPS, the company has started making local Homage UPS.

[/quote]

who told u that Pakistan is manufacturing Homage UPS ??

all PCB boards along with assembled parts are coming from China just the Plastic Body + Packing + Battery Wires crimping is done in Pakistan ,

in custom they declare that they r importing just the parts so the duty on Spare parts is low,

THE PURPOSE IS TO REDUCE THE IMPORT DUTY ON UPS

i worked with KENWOOD so i know about them they r just pretending that they r manufacturing UPS locally in Karachi, its not True

Regards

Electrical Engineer Asad Hameed

@ Raza0007 and hameeds01

I am looking for ups can run my Bravia Lcd Tv 32'' its not powering on my desi ups i think its square wave can homage or mercury inverters can run my LCd TV......how much watts i need to run my LCD TV 300 watts -600 watts or above that Most 32'' LCD Tv is rated as 125 watts but i have mercury smart 600 pro UPS 300-350 watts its give me 4-5 seconds to run my tv i gave the current to to Mercury Ups from desi ups on battery mode tv does not start not even give the stand by light (Red light) giving on Ac mode is working fine. Its running perfectly fine on Genset and Combination of Genset power to desi ups and then Tv working fine.

i giving the desi ups current on battery mode to Mercury smart pro 600VA to run my computer its running perfectly fine with printer and router modem and Mobile charger. My desi Ups is 1800 VA =1050 or 1100 watts with NS-200 Exide battery don't know the AH of the battery may 140-160 AH

If u know ne thing about it please help me out!

Thnx

@ Raza0007 and hameeds01

I am looking for ups can run my Bravia Lcd Tv 32’’ its not powering on my desi ups …

[/quote]

Sam33r,

Most likely your TV is not running on your Desi UPS as it has square wave output, as you have already guessed. Homage and other Chinese UPS’s are mostly modified sine wave and they should be able to power your TV. However, some appliances are too picky about the current, as they are designed to be run on pure sine wave only. If you can get a pure sine wave UPS that would be best for you. You can borrow a friends modified since wave UPS to see if it is able to power your TV.

By the way, I advise you not to run your expensive TV on square wave or modified sine wave, as they might damage your TV in the long run and it is not worth it for 1 hr of pleasure. I only run fans and lights on my UPS for the same reason.

salam to all!

I was going to buy a UPS system for homeusage!

But thinks i should not buy, especially the one given by Alfalah Bank

Homage Kenwood!!!!

its results are quite drastic as the picture shows.....

is it true!