Homage UPS/Inverter Vision 1000 (600W) Performance/Queries

AoA to all friends,

At last, two days back, I got Homage Inverter 1000VA (600W) for Rs. 9500 and Volta IT-1250 (140 AH or 190AH as per the dealer) for 10,000.

It's working fine. But there are a few queries related to this.

As lots of people are using Homage, so hopefully you can share your experiences.

* Fan speed decreases when in battery mode. I have heard instead that fan speed increases when run on battery?

* Fan Buzzing sound on dimmers. Is this normal as it is a modified Sine Wave?

* Homage Inverter internal exhaust Fan which is on front side takes air from outside instead of taking out the hot air from inside. Is this OK ?

* Homage inverter when idle (No Load) makes some sound like "tik tik" until some load of at least 40W is put on it.

Best Regards.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

* Homage Inverter internal exhaust Fan which is on front side takes air from outside instead of taking out the hot air from inside. Is this OK ?

[/quote]

Yes and yes.

Thanks ASAD. What about query # 1 & 4 ?

Those questions are specific to each UPS make and model. Someone using the same UPS could answer you better.

AoA to all friends,

At last, two days back, I got Homage Inverter 1000VA (600W) for Rs. 9500 and Volta IT-1250 (140 AH or 190AH as per the dealer) for 10,000.

It's working fine. But there are a few queries related to this.

As lots of people are using Homage, so hopefully you can share your experiences.

* Fan speed decreases when in battery mode. I have heard instead that fan speed increases when run on battery?

* Homage inverter when idle (No Load) makes some sound like "tik tik" until some load of at least 40W is put on it.

Best Regards.

[/quote]

Yes and yes.

Thanks ASAD. What about query # 1 & 4 ?

Those questions are specific to each UPS make and model. Someone using the same UPS could answer you better.

Fan speed should slightly go down on a modified sine wave inverter that is equipped with an AVR like homage. So, it is normal.

I have not heard any sound from my inverter but I have the LED version not the newer LCD version. Keep in mind that Homage inverters are made by some Chinese company and then imported and sold in Pakistan under the brand name of homage. It is quite possible that the LED version and the LCD version were made by two entirely different Chinese companies.

Fan speed should slightly go down on a modified sine wave inverter that is equipped with an AVR like homage. So, it is normal.

I have not heard any sound from my inverter but I have the LED version not the newer LCD version. Keep in mind that Homage inverters are made by some Chinese company and then imported and sold in Pakistan under the brand name of homage. It is quite possible that the LED version and the LCD version were made by two entirely different Chinese companies.

i have bought a chinese UPS (Power Guard) of 2KVA rating. I have attached two AGS batteries of 85 A/hr rating. I have noticed that as long as the UPS is charging the batteries, the small coolant fan inside the UPS keeps running but when the batteries are fully charged, the fan stops and the UPS starts to heat up significantly to the point that its internal parts (heatsinks) cannot be touched by bare finger especially when it is on load. Is it a sign of fault or what? Does it happen to other UPS as well? ? i have placed a big collant fan over its body by making a hole in it and the fan is keeping the inside temprature down to 70 percent. Is there any other way (other than placing the coolant fan over the UPS) to rectify this over heating problem.

When under extensive load, a UPS does get hot, especially the transformer (if it uses it) and MOSFETs (attached to the heatsinks).

Thanks for your reply. It gets hot even without any load on it if i turn off the fan i attached to it. Anyone else facing the same problem?

Thanks for your reply. It gets hot even without any load on it if i turn off the fan i attached to it. Anyone else facing the same problem?
[/quote]

Do your battery terminals also get hot? If they do then the UPS is not cutting off the charging current going into the battery and you need to get it fixed. Typically, in standby mode, the UPS should not get hot.

No its terminal do not get hot. In standby mode when i turn off the big coolant fan that i have attached to it, its mosfets which convert DC into AC get hot. but when it is charging the battries its power supply mosfets get hot. perhaps i have attached too heavy batteries to it. It works perfectly and nothing gets hot when i attached two 17 A/hr batteries to it but they cant give me long back up. should i try installing mosfets which are capable of handling higher currents (for that i will have to wait till its present mosfets give up). At present there are 6 or 8 IRF 740 hexmosfets intalled in it which are capable of handling 400 volts at 10 A.

A 2 kva inverter should be able to take 2 140 AH batteries easily so you are okay.

What my inverter does is that when it is charging the battery in high current mode, the internal fan is on. After it switches to trickle charge mode the internal fan stops. As long as the current is being provided to the battery the ups metal parts should remain hot. When the trickle current stops the parts should cool down. I have not opened my ups so I do not know whether my ups's internal mosfets, heat sinks etc are hot or not, but from outside the ups plastic body remains only slightly warm. Nowadays it remains warm even when the ups is on standby. I have not felt the need of an external cooling fan for the ups.

Have you talked to the official technical support guy for your ups? It might be normal or there might be something wrong with your model. This is all I can suggest for now.

assalamualaikum,,,brother i bought an inverter made in usa by tripp lite .2000 watt i want to know wich battery is best for long time back up for my 3 computers only,plz reply me soon

Yes and yes.

[/quote]

Homage inverter out put is modified since wave not sine wave. on modified sine wave fan should sound because fans are designed only for sine wave(pure sine wave)

assalamualaikum,brother i bought an inverter made in usa by tripp lite .2000 watt i want to know wich battery is best for long time back up for my 3 computers only,plz reply me soon
[/quote]

For longest backup get the biggest AH battery you can afford.