I bought Homage HMX-3001 and 2 x 200 AH AGS batterries.
I told electrician i want double wiring for ups but he said it is not possible because your main wiring is indoor so he did single wiring for Homage inverter. Is he right?
After doing all wiring he started inverter on wapda. It seemed everything was fine. Then my father told him to check it on Generator as he was telling us earlier it can be charged on Generator as well. But when we tried inverter on generator it alarmed and then stopped working. I could see smoke coming from inverter. Electrician told fuse has shorted to satisfy us.
Today it will be sent to their customer care center for repairing because rni is giving 1 year warranty.
I don't now much about electricity wiring and ups.
1. Why inverter damaged on Generator while it was working fine on wapda?
2. Is inverter damaged because of single wiring?
Whose fault is it?
1. A good product should not fail at very first use so company should be blamed for producing such a unreliable product.
2. Electrician was not very confident. He said multiple times if there is even a single mistake, there is no chance (Ups will be damaged). I can conclude from his conversation that he has already damaged a number of inverters. Electrician should not have done experiment on a new product. I had not intentions to use it on Generator. Further he ignored the fault alarm. He might have not heard it because of the noise of Generator that was quite near but i heard it and i told the electrician but it was too late inverter was already damaged.
3. Was it my fault i selected wrong product that failed at very first use?