High ping issues

Hi guys

Over the years, I have noticed a strange issue with PTCL.

Usually we get ~150 ping to servers that are in UK

~180 ping to those in Germany

~220 to those in Ukraine

But at a certain point every few months, something goes wrong with PTCL and you will start getting the double pings until a few days have passed and things get back to normal.

I have also noticed that the ip we get assigned is also responsible for the overall ping, like sometimes I have to reset the router to get a 20-30ms lower ping.

So any one has any ideas whats going on? Some flaws in the routing, maintenance?

Secondly I came across another thread here (very old) where a PTCL representative had mentioned that PTCL was not responsible for higher pings when connecting to servers on our eastern side. But guess what. PTCL is very much responsible for the flawed routing, we get 400ms on indians servers? 450 on Chinese? 400 in Singapore?

when compared to ~150 in UK? 280 in US?

And I am not talkin about some flawed tunneling in a particular game but I am referring to many games some of which having very good tunneling systems.

And besides for the past few days, not only have my pings doubled but also getting strange packet loss issues and webpages taking forever to load.

So ANY IDEAS any one?

It might sounds like a stupid idea .. but

Try to cool down your modem. Put it in a area where it can get fresh air n stay cool.

Then try the pings..

This is not the actual solution of your problem.. but this will help you alot :)

I concur - look at the screenshot - used to get 180-190 ms on the Panda Nation server until a few weeks ago. It's more or less permanent now. And I've also noticed the crap packet drops and s**** browsing. Maybe Raja Rental is using his IT minister powers to dumb down the internet as well eh.

capturekj.png

39.47.x.x IP pool is #$%^ up since 8-06-2012 (roughly 3 weeks).

it is most likely your exchange being congested

Check Your Ping At Speedtest.net (Choose PTCL Server) Then Let us Know.

Also Go To Your Local Area Network(LAN) IP On Your Browser(http://192.168.1.2)Then Username And Password Is Admin, Now Go To Advanced Setup Then Click On DSL, In Modulation , Uncheck All Except First, Then Save/Apply. Then Check Again On Speedtest.net.

Regards.

^

Yeah like that would fix anything? Its a network issue (39 IP Pool one).

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:17407”]

it is most likely your exchange being congested

[/quote]

NOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo /takes gun, shoots himself

[quote=“ITHacker, post:6, topic:17407”]

Check Your Ping At Speedtest.net (Choose PTCL Server) Then Let us Know.

Also Go To Your Local Area Network(LAN) IP On Your Browser(http://192.168.1.2)Then Username And Password Is Admin, Now Go To Advanced Setup Then Click On DSL, In Modulation , Uncheck All Except First, Then Save/Apply. Then Check Again On Speedtest.net.

Regards.

[/quote]

If I use anything other than ADSL2+ , it reduces my SNR and makes my line even crappier… I know the PTCL reps say we can get better connectivity if we use g.dmt/g.lite , but it doesn’t work for me.

Its been a month since I'm getting high pings. over 400ms

Guys can someone from Witribe or anyother service can post their pings.....

if they have good ping then we should leave PTCL and start using other services...I remember i had no problem with Witribe when i was using it..my only problem was data limit. .....maybe after we leave PTCL they will do something about it.

I got through the same issue but SOLVED it by just doing an easy thing;

The main wire which is connected to a small box(not spliter) this is a black wire which is coming to your home.

Now you will open the small box and the 2 golden wires you see which are screwed with the two terminals of box remove them and scratch them with any knife/cutter it will glow a fresh golden material which was dull before and now connect them back through screwing and now restart your modem and see the ping . your issue is solved.

this process actually removes the carbon which comes on the high conducting material due to flow of current and gives you the fresh conducting system.

and make sure the insulation is just uncovered from the wire where it is screwed with small box the more uncovered insulation will also hinder the conduction in a proper way.

Hope you will get your issue solved properly.

DONT FORGET TO TAKE HELP FROM YOUR ELDERS TO DO THE TASK.

Here my story,how i got 9ms ping from +38ms

I had copper number and i used to get +38ms ping to my exchange and ~180ms ping to servers located in Germany of game Crossfire and my snr margins were 30+.After some time our town had a separate borehole for water supply,and my ping increased and i used to have 200+ ping in servers of crossfire located in Germany and my snr margins dropped also mostly below 20 and our line couldn't support 4mb connection so we used 2mb. Lineman said that your lines got damaged due to water and blah blah.

Recently PTCL changed our number to ONU(optical number) and we have connection like this..exchange to msag=optical fiber msag to our home=copper

and i got my original ping back,~180ms ping and snr margins increased also 20+ but after some time my phone had noise while router was working fine,so we complained,lineman came and he said every thing is alright and he left.

My brother checked again and he found that telephone is working fine when router is off,so he contacted 1218 and they told us that we are getting low voltage from exchange.

we contacted the lineman again and he came and said"voltage ka to koi chakar nae hota" and left again..after complaining again.PTCL sent someone with him again and this time he tested and came to conclusion that it might be the issue with fuse installed in the msag for our line but the lineman insisted that it can't be the issue with fuse but the other guy called someone in exchanged,told him this issue and he said about changing fuse too.

so they left and when the changed the fuse,the issue was resolved,there was no noise in telephone both router and phone were working fine.Our snr margins increased also and when i went to speedtest.net and after result i got this

some how our connection got changed to 8mb from 2mb.After downgrading it,i still get 9-10ms ping to my exchange.

and now i get 169ms ping to servers located in Germany and it mostly stays below 180ms when no one is using wifi.

^
4859370332.png

how much you pay for optic fibre ?how can i get this?

[quote=“FLYING_HORSE, post:15, topic:17407”]

how much you pay for optic fibre ?how can i get this?

[/quote]

Sorry for late reply.

I got a call from PTCL in the month of September in 2015 and they asked me,that we are upgrading your connection to optical fiber and i said,sure.

Later that month they changed my number to a fiber one.So i have optical fiber number,which is basically the msag is connected directly to exchange with optical fiber and i have copper connection from msag to my home(As shown in the above picture).

and i didn’t pay any amount for this upgrade,it was free.