Hibernating a computer?

does it make a difference that u hibernate a computer and dont shut it down "properly" instead!!!!??

does the system become corrupt if we keep on hibernating a computer!!????i have seen many people saying such things..

i have been hibernating a computer for many months but i didnt encounter any problem!!!!should I stop doing this???

dude it does not corrupt the system, its been almost one yr since i started hibernating the system and it has been working fine, the only time i shut it down is when a new installation of software asks me to do so

it means no danger!!!but we must keep in mind that while hibernating,the drivers are not installed and some files can be missed!!!!

Yeah i always hibernate my vista laptop. No problems so far from hibernating. However it rarely freezes while going into hibernation

well i always hibernate my laptop saves me from those agonising long boots and i have never have had trouble with with been 2yrs using the same laptop, windows got corrupted once and that is also due to my brother stupid presentation USB, else hibernation never caused any problem for me

My PC is always ON so I didn't bothered about all that but do you guys realize that if some feature is implemented it must have been carefully thought after?

I put my laptop on standby and never reboot for days nothing happens its a myth. Your HD will crash if its time is up. Nothing you can do about that :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dude it does not corrupt the system, its been almost one yr since i started hibernating the system and it has been working fine, the only time i shut it down is when a new installation of software asks me to do so
[/quote]

So familiar !!

Hibernating computer is so easy and quick. I does always and some time do restart, if found my computer getting slow.

For some reason, Hibernate isn't available from the default Shut Down dialog. But you can enable it simply enough, by holding down the SHIFT key while the dialog is visible. Now you see it, now you don't!

Hibernating is equal to shutdown except that instead of closing all files and turning power off the operating system saves system state to a file and then power off. So next time you start PC it reads from that saved file (usually on C:\ in case of Windows) and returns to where you left the system with all applications running.

The file size it creates is equal to the size of your memory.

the file is hiberfile on c drive

Technically speaking, Hibernation means to freeze system until next start. When you hibernate your pc, It dumps all the RAM into a file on C: can does not empty page file that is why its takes less time as compared to shut down.

Although it doesn't harm your pc but hibernation is usually meant to leave pc for short term. It is not recommended for long term.

For example, if you shut down your pc, it will clean the swap/page file, will generate log files, will create backup of system dlls, unloads system dlls and do many more things which results in better start up next time. You should note that it is not possible for operating system to empty every part of page file so usually some applications leave their garbage memory within page file which results in slow pc performance. Since i am a technical person, i do prefer to shut down pc, although it takes some time to start it next time but waiting for one minute in start is better than several minutes during slow pc performance. Just a 2 penny advice from me for my fellow forum members :)