Hey how much money does this site make?

Ok! a lot of threads are very serious in "General Discussion" so i thought what the hell may be i should ask a lighter question.

So anyone "really" wants to tell me about the revenue and does anyone know why these forums were hacked and who hacked them.

Chill.

This site does not make any revenue and no one knows why or who hacked the site.

in past i had seen some ads here,dunno if my adblock is blocking them or KO have totally removed them now,

that hack attempt is still a mystery, lots of valuable info was lost, dunno if the 'hacker' gained anything outta it or not

This website seems to be running 'Feesabeelillah' (for the sanctification of God).... I haven't seen any ads here

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

this site used to run on petrol before but it was very expensive about week a go KO bought a CNG kit and local mechanic converted it to CNG, according to ASAD and SAH after conversion this site is giving good mileage and its cheap too.

if for some reason in the future if you can not access this site for hour or so, don’t get worried the reason would be that this site is run out of CNG and ASAD or SAH are at CNG PUMP to get the CNG tank full maybe there is big line at the PUMP.

[/quote]

lol hahahhah ,

are u telling about the site or about country situation lol :D

and k2munda as we see petrol priceses are increasing and same we will see when CNG consumption will be increased then what will be the way to keep running it on cheap rates :D

There we go now. Time to introduce a "money making and business" section :lol:

This site makes negative money. It did have google adds for a few months, in which it made a grand total of 1 dollar and 32 cents. Than in some upgrade the code for the adds got removed, and I never put it back, as it was only making about 15 cents a month... Probably has to do with how many Pakistani's ISP show their users all coming from the same IP.

Now, if this was wiredlasvegas instead of wiredpakistan, it'd probably make tons of money in google adds!

LOL @ Wiredlasvegas ( dil say nikli hai awaz)

ROFL @ "a grand total of 1 dollar and 32 cents."

$1.32 would buy a pakora for every active member on WP.

Sheikh 'Waiting With Chatni' Chilli

PS: Ads for desibaba and janubaba would've made you a

rich man, KO. ;)

So how do you manage to pay for hosting for this server?

this site used to run on petrol before but it was very expensive about week a go KO bought a CNG kit and local mechanic converted it to CNG, according to ASAD and SAH after conversion this site is giving good mileage and its cheap too.

if for some reason in the future if you can not access this site for hour or so, don’t get worried the reason would be that this site is run out of CNG and ASAD or SAH are at CNG PUMP to get the CNG tank full maybe there is big line at the PUMP.

[/quote]

hahahahah both good ones…

So how do you manage to pay for hosting for this server?
[/quote]

Good Question. I like to know it too.

KO is a multiple-billion-dollar stake-holder in MS, AppleInc, GM etc. thats how he pays for this site's hosting.

KO u should have a 'donate via paypal' button somewhere here on this website

Considering that Paypal does not offers services in Pakistan....

KO should definitely sell adspots to local technology based companies to shell in some revenue.

@isharis

I don't think that WP has reached the level where its possible to monetize the traffic yet. Perhaps when the regular user base gets into the hundreds and WP establishes itself as the resource for everything technology in Pakistan.

That being said, I think if the resources required to bring WP are of any significant burden to KO, I would ask that you at least let us know and if possible, let us contribute to lighten the load.

Cheers

Well I think we could really push this forum to the next level if we advertised, but the 'topdog' is following a 'quality attracts quality' policy! :) He's correct in his right, but growth will be pretty slow. Word of mouth can only do so much, at least till it reaches the 'tipping point' that is!

^ Not just word of mouth, it's Google too. Type anything related to technology in Pakistan and WP always pops up in the first few results.

I found WP through Google. :)