HELPP.. PC upgrade

I need to upgrade my PC.

What I have:
2 Gb ram Kingston (will sell)
250gb HDD (will keep)
Asus P5kPL-AMU-EPU Motherboard (selling)
Cooler Master 500 watts PSU (should I sell or keep ? )
EVGA 250 GTS (selling)
Core 2 dou 2.66 processor (selling)
I`ll also keep my keyboard mouse speakers etc

I`m looking for a good gaming pc which will keep up with the current gen games.
Please tell me an estimate that i will generate by selling the stuff I have AND also suggest a pc within a budget of 35-40k..
Thank You.

Here is a estimate of what your components will sell for:

2 Gb ram Kingston................................600 rs-1k
Asus P5kPL-AMU-EPU Motherboard.....2.7-3k
Cooler Master 500 watts PSU...............1.5 to 2k
EVGA 250 GTS ....................................4-5k (depending on condition)
Core 2 dou 2.66 processor....................4k (depends whether you are selling original heatsink fan with it)

By the way whats the resolution that you want to play games at (and what kind of games).

Whats the size of your monitor 17",19" ?

All the latest games should be playable such as COD Ghosts NFS rivals ETC.. in atleast medium-high quality..
as for the resolution i have no idea but i currently play at 1440 x 900

I have a 17" widescreen LCD

for your resolution and even an upgrade at 19 inch with a higher res,

ALL CURRENT generation Core i processors be it 3xxx series or 4xxx are perfectly suitable for all gaming needs.. any Core i5 will do.. no matter how cheap it is.... motherboards dont add anything to gaming performance.. it helps to get a good mobo with USB 3 and sata 3 connections..

buy atleast 8GB Ram..

buy a Good GPU.. anything below a GTX 460 wont run your games for more than 1 year. if you can afford, 560 Ti is great... 660 if you have extra buget.. but even a 460 is excellent choice.. mine runs every game in 1080p in almost high settings with AA.

PSU is fine.

Please provide me with a set of items and prices of what i need to buy.
Thanks

35k-40k is a limited budget...

Therefore keeping that in mind here is my suggestion:

Mobo gigabyte h61...........5300
Processor i3 3220............12500

Psu...................................you already have

Ram 1600 bus 2*2gb........4800
Hd.....................................you already have
Gpu Gigabyte 650 ti.........17500

Case legend.....................1500

Total: 41600

When do you plan to sell off your parts and buy this pc?

would this config run for a few years before getting outdated ?
Thanks

I plan to buy this pc in the coming 2 weeks IA

Processor: buy a Quad Core Q5500

3d Card: Quadro 1000m or Geforce GT 350 or GeForce GTX 780(Amazing performance!)

Ram: 6 GB DDR 3 will be more than enough.

Hard: Buy a 1tb hard disk... ( I recently bought 1 TB hard from Hafeez Centre for Just 5700 Rs. It's Western Digital Special Edition :)

Board: I think Intel G41 or any next series will be great..

This PC of yours will continue running games for years to come.. until you lose interest in games like me :P

My estimate: you'l have to spend around 20,000 + Sell your current PC.

P.S I also disagree with the member who said that your budget is limited... if you're from Lahore. you can make an extreme gaming PC in 30,000 max. and you won't need to update it for years!

Hope it helped.

Source: 12 years of extreme gaming!

Core i3 3220 is placed in a higher position in the toms hardware cpu hierarchy charts then even a Core 2 Extreme QX9775.

That should say it all. The 775 is a dead end chipset anyways.

Quadro 1000m cards (if you are lucky to find one) is a professional workstation graphics card and is suitable for CAD, some 3D and rendering. These cards are not suitable for gaming.

I don't know about Geforce gt 350...but if you mean the gtx 350, these are very hard to find (they came out in 2008 and are based on 55 nm) and they do not support the latest direct x 11.

Op's budget is 35-40 k and GeForce GTX 780 is available for 70,000 rs in the market so it is out of the op's budget.

Always try to get new pc parts if they fit in your budget as they have longer lives and come in warranty. You cannot make a NEW extreme gaming pc with NEW parts in 30 k.

^ I agree the card is simply too expensive and a quad core is outdated nowadays..

[quote=“jack, post:10, topic:20572”]

Core i3 3220 is placed in a higher position in the toms hardware cpu hierarchy charts then even a Core 2 Extreme QX9775.

That should say it all. The 775 is a dead end chipset anyways.

Quadro 1000m cards (if you are lucky to find one) is a professional workstation graphics card and is suitable for CAD, some 3D and rendering. These cards are not suitable for gaming.

I don't know about Geforce gt 350...but if you mean the gtx 350, these are very hard to find (they came out in 2008 and are based on 55 nm) and they do not support the latest direct x 11.

Op's budget is 35-40 k and GeForce GTX 780 is available for 70,000 rs in the market so it is out of the op's budget.

Always try to get new pc parts if they fit in your budget as they have longer lives and come in warranty. You cannot make a NEW extreme gaming pc with NEW parts in 30 k.

[/quote]

lol. so you simply said that he can't "find" anything hahaha..

Well, i live in Lahore and I made that PC and if you're talking about the performance of the card, it's the best.. checked myself.. runs every single game at highest graphics.. and btw I did give 3 options for the card.. not just one.

I made such a gaming PC in 35,000 Rs. man.

Go ahead and upgrade as u wish, Best of luck :)

Over and out :)

Hamid_zizou .......if you're talking about the performance of the card, it's the best.. checked myself.. runs every single game at highest graphics.

yes......but in direct x 10 which your card supports....the latest games require a newer direct x 11 supporting card which the op says he needs to play.

............................................................................................................................................................................

Hamid_zizou..........and btw I did give 3 options for the card.. not just one.

yes you did, a professional workstation graphics card which is unsuitable for gaming, a overpriced card which is out of the op's budget, and finally a 5 year old card with older technology.

.............................................................................................................................................................................

I would advise you to please read up on the newer tech in the market. After all....we are all here to help the op in getting the best parts for his money.

Hello!

Lots of nice suggestions! When it comes to a budget build, you often don't go for a high end gpu so the cpu can't be the bottleneck! One more suggestion would be to get a 785G chipset or higher based branded used AMD Quad Core PC (newer games have just started using more than 2 cores efficiently) with the highest clock speed available! Then, get a decent AMD GPU with GCN such as the R7 250(entry level, 65W only) or R7 260X (mid level, 110W) and higher using benchmarks available online for your game! Once you get the GPU, the CPU won't matter much as compared to intel!

USB3 you can add via Pci-e x1 card if it isn't available!

If parts were available here, you could also build a nice gaming PC with all new parts at your gaming resolution with AMD's APUs alongwith dedicated GPU (plenty of builds on the internet)!

And as far as workstation cards go, these are designed for stability and have optimized drivers available for the particular application certified for such usage! That's why you'll see lower clocks on them! Everybody knows that NVidia essentially tunes (cripples) the same tech for its target market (you can even soft-mod and hard-mod gaming cards to Quadro and vice versa)! With gpgpu even on consumer level cards, the gap also narrows down a lot and it comes down to your particular application!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

The problem is i want an Intel Asus or gigabyte Motherboard and a NVidia GPU.

Hello Again!

Well if you want to have a rough idea, then, have a look here:

http://www.galaxy.com.pk/galaxy-pc-server-pakistan.html

for a new system!

If you go for a used branded system (make sure it can accept a 'normal' power supply as an upgrade would likely be needed for the GPU), you are most likely to find Q43 chipset suitable as a starting point with newer chipsets costing more of course like:

http://www.czone.com.pk/used-branded-systems-pakistan-ppt.208.aspx

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz