Help with the "subtitles"

I did buy an old english movie DVD ,its name is "Where Eagles Dare" ,it got no subtitles option,is there any way to play the subtitles?I mean can I download them from the internet & if I do then how will I manage to play them with the DVD? --- any info regarding this?

vlc man vlc!! i am here to help u dude

download vlc... then click open.. click on open file first select the movie then below click the subtitles chekbox .. then select the sub file.. click ok and wala u are done.

rename the sub file to .srt.... if u think that subs are not in sync then u can use they in movie shortcuts that are really really useful! ctrl h and ctrl j .. hapy viewing bro.

Depending on the software, the button for subtitles could be anywhere; it might be under something like View > Video > Subtitles > English 1

Or you could just use the mouse and click on options when the screen comes up, and select subtitles from the DVD menu.

What software are you using?

i know this is not good explanation but pikcumwords or vice versa explanation would be good... but i dnt think u can use subs while watching movie from dvd.. so copy it first.

I am using Media player classic ,I have copied the movie.

To view subtitle you have to have a subtitles file. So when you download film from internet make sure it has a separate file for subtitle. I don't remember the extension but that file will be something like .st* but not sure.

Unless that film has subtitles embed in it there is no way you can view them unless it has a separate file containing subtitles.

VLC Player has the option of displaying subtitles. If the file is present then it will automatically show option of displaying subtitle. In case no subtitle file is present then option won't be there. You have to right click in VLC to view subtitle option.

wmp will not show subs until the movie is ripd with subs... vlc can show them.. the subs file are below 50KB ...so no prob there.. just rename them to

(movie name or anything).srt and enjoy.

I'll try that,first I need to install VLC :)

you can find almost every movies subitles in many languages on www.mysubtitles.com

Why the picture freezes while I watch a movie on VLC player?Any idea?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Why the picture freezes while I watch a movie on VLC player?Any idea?
[/quote]

do u mean when u pause it

if yes then that is a bug in VLC i think

Nope not pause , the movie is on play mode,it freezes alot , its a bug?

Nope not pause , the movie is on play mode,it freezes alot , its a bug?
[/quote]

processing power!

it happens for a while then gets fixed! starts happening again when you pause the video and start again!

use some other player like jetaudio k lite codec pack!

aww,,, that movie is bloody awesome dude... do watch it.. go to opensubtitles.org

why is 'owl' banned?

why is ‘owl’ banned?
[/quote]

coz he was behaving like one! :D