Help With Driving Test (Lahore)

A couple of weeks back I took the driving test (car) to get my permanent license. There were two parts. First was the signal test where they pointed to a few signals on the board and I told them. I passed that test. I had thought that was hard part because the actual driving test seemed to be pretty easy. All you had to do was to start the car (which they provided for test) and drive it about 10 or 12 meters turning right and then reverse and come back without hitting any of those rubber things they had placed at the sides. However many people were having problems. They would start the car but the engine would die out in the middle somewhere. Now, when my turn came I started the car but as soon as I released the clutch gradually, the engine would die? I tried this two or three times but then the instructor, who was not in the car, told me to come out. This was quite embarrassing. He said I might not have pushed the hand break down but I HAD done that. He then showed me by driving the car that there was nothing wrong. It was strange as I couldn't say any thing in my defense. Needless to say he failed me and now I have to go again after 42 days. I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong. Other people were also having problems but I don't remember any one not even being able to get the damn car moving!

Does any one of you have ANY idea? What might i being doing wrong? I am driving my own car for the last 6 months and never faced such a problem? It certainly wasn't the hand break as I am sure I pushed that down.

Well, don't they allow you to drive your own car in Lahore?

May be there was something wrong with the clutch, the other guy knows when to push and when to pull your foot :P that may be the cause.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Well, don’t they allow you to drive your own car in Lahore?
[/quote]

You couldn’t bring any vehicle inside.

--

Just release them simultaneously.. But with very little time difference btw them like neoclue said.

If you release the clutch later than the accelerator there are chances that the car makes a strong sound, which will make you feel even more embarrassed. Until the next driving test, practice on a variety of cars.

dude you should post this in pakwheels.com, or use search function of this forum we already got more than dozen threads on the same topic and your answer would have been gotten long time ago.

there were nothing wrong with car you might be nervous at the moment

The problem is neither of clutch, nor of engine or accelerator. That car has fairly tight clutch. You are used to drive according to your own car. I hope, you drive in the way, you release the clutch first and then push the accelerator. This is the wrong way of driving. The correct method of driving is, push the accelerator first (to increase the RPM of engine of car), then start releasing the clutch. In this way, you can drive every kind of car no matter how much tight or loose its clutch is.

[/quote]

Thanks!

can you please post the procedure of getting the permanent license?

p.s.: I already have my learner's license and the number of weeks necessary for applying for the permanent one have passed.

neoclue is right about the clutch. You are either not giving enough gas or releasing the clutch more than the biting point just too quick. With a little experience, you will be all set. Press accelerator and release the clutch slowly, simultaneously.

ThRiLLeR, just go the traffic police office, get the registration file, attach NIC copy and 900rs of ticket for car. And submit it for the traffic signs test. Once you pass the signs test, it's the practical test. Traffic police office must have an information counter to help you with further info, if needed.

Any traffic police office or a specific one?

Where would i get the ticket from? Post office?

Any traffic police office or a specific one?

Where would i get the ticket from? Post office?

[/quote]

Guess we’re talking of the main office. At least in rawalpindi, we only have one place that could be called a traffic police office.

Yes, tickets from post office. Though, they are driving license specific I guess.

--

(I don't want to create another thread so i think this is good to ask you people here)

Query

Could any one tell me in how many countries Pakistani driving license will works?

--

You have to get an International driving license based upon this existing license in Pakistan. This is issued in the Lower Mall area in Lahore, where the old Passport Office is.

The international driving license is valid for up to one year and requires a renewal after a year, the next renewal is valid up to another year.

Don't know the worth of the Pakistani license in other countries but you can get made international license without any problem if you have a valid permanent license.

My father got his international license made in 5 mins somewhere from Allama Iqbal town.

Since, you live in Lahore, that traffic police office where permanent licenses are made, is near the Qazafi Stadium Lahore. Go there.

[/quote]

The learner’s license says that test will be conducted at LOS Traffic Line, Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore.

--