Help with Dish system in Pakistan

Hello!

I need to know all information you folks have about dish system in Pakistan.

I need to have it installed at my home; i mean it is private usage not commercial.

1. Is NileSat available in Pakistan?

2. Since I am only aiming for NileSat i reckon I need one dish. But what is the complete procedure, do I need any type of license for that?

3. Can you recommend any shops in Rawalpindi or Islamabad?

4. What are the charges? And what things would I have to spend on like LNB, Dish, Dish's stand etc. Place name everything and also inform which i need to arrange first.

5. When I buy dish would they have it installed at my house free of charge or not?

6. Is the quality good enough, some people say that Dish system is not successful in Pakistan, why?

7. What receiver would you prefer and do the international receivers work? And how much does a receiver cost?

If there is any other thing I should know and haven't asked please inform.

Thank you for your time.

Thanx for joining this forum. :)

Your answers:

1. Yes but only in Sindh, Baluchistan and lower western parts of Punjab.

2. I guess you live in Islamabad where nilesat is not accessible even with 12 feet dish. and no, there is no need for any license.

3. Shops in Islamabad are bit expensive. there are many shops in Rawalpindi specially on college road and in Faisal market with cheaper rates and better quality.

4. It depends. Dish sizes ranges from 2 feet to 8 feet depending on satellite's coverage and frequency band. Satellite system consist of two parts indoor and outdoor. In indoor you need a satellite receiver, a positioner if you have motorized dish antenna and offcours TV. In outdoor setup you have dish antenna (comes with stand), lnb with feedhorn, a diseq switch (if you have more than one dish) and cable. Charges will vary from 5000-15000.

5. Nop. there'll be installation charges.

6. Diffidently quality is good bcoz it is the prime source of television channels. It is not successful in Pakistan bcoz first of all its expensive second all the premium channels are encrypted and third when you have cable at your home, you dont need satellite system.

7. There are many brands, depending on your choice. Yes international receivers work very well. Cost is also depend on the model ranging from 2500-more than 50000.

So if you have further questions dont hasitate. But since your desired sat is not accessible in your area so i guess theres no need for further discussion.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:2, topic:15090”]

Thanx for joining this forum. :)

Your answers:

1. Yes but only in Sindh, Baluchistan and lower western parts of Punjab.

2. I guess you live in Islamabad where nilesat is not accessible even with 12 feet dish. and no, there is no need for any license.

3. Shops in Islamabad are bit expensive. there are many shops in Rawalpindi specially on college road and in Faisal market with cheaper rates and better quality.

4. It depends. Dish sizes ranges from 2 feet to 8 feet depending on satellite’s coverage and frequency band. Satellite system consist of two parts indoor and outdoor. In indoor you need a satellite receiver, a positioner if you have motorized dish antenna and offcours TV. In outdoor setup you have dish antenna (comes with stand), lnb with feedhorn, a diseq switch (if you have more than one dish) and cable. Charges will vary from 5000-15000.

5. Nop. there’ll be installation charges.

6. Diffidently quality is good bcoz it is the prime source of television channels. It is not successful in Pakistan bcoz first of all its expensive second all the premium channels are encrypted and third when you have cable at your home, you dont need satellite system.

7. There are many brands, depending on your choice. Yes international receivers work very well. Cost is also depend on the model ranging from 2500-more than 50000.

So if you have further questions dont hasitate. But since your desired sat is not accessible in your area so i guess theres no need for further discussion.

[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.

What about ArabSat is that available?

Is there any sat you would recommend for frre-to-air movie channels that covers Islamabad?

And one more thing, have you heard of something called DWN.

Is it available in Islamabad or Rawalpindi?

What equipment would I need for it and how much would it cost?

DWN (Digital Wireless Network) previously known as Sun TV, is available in 4 cities Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

I have been a subscriber of it for a very long time when it was an analog service by the name of Shaheen Pay TV back in 90s. :) but i haven't got their new receiver yet still using the old one.

Whole system will cost you 12000 which includes receiver, smart card, antenna, wire and 3 months subscription. channels list is available on website.

Arabsat satellite fleet were replaced by Badr, which are not accessible in Islamabad. Free to air movie channels are hard to find my friend. there are very few good movie channels free to air which include MBC network channels, available on Badr 4 and Nilesat, but unfortunately these are not accessible in Islamabad. Fox Movies is available on Badr 6, which is available on DWN along with Fox Series and i have no idea how they are getting its signal. They said they are using a huge imported high quality satellite dish for that. :unsure:

Hotbird could be a good option if you go for card sharing setup and you can find all the info in other threads.

Hey ShuAK, which Al Jazeera Sport channel is on DWN in Karachi? Do you know about that? 1, 2 , +1, +2, +3? Which one?

^^sorry bro i dont know about that. better call them and ask about that. or if possible visit their office and chk yourself. i guess they switch between them depending on sports event. which they usually do.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:7, topic:15090”]

^^sorry bro i dont know about that. better call them and ask about that. or if possible visit their office and chk yourself. i guess they switch between them depending on sports event. which they usually do.

[/quote]

Hmm… Ok thanks.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:5, topic:15090”]

Arabsat satellite fleet were replaced by Badr, which are not accessible in Islamabad. Free to air movie channels are hard to find my friend. there are very few good movie channels free to air which include MBC network channels, available on Badr 4 and Nilesat, but unfortunately these are not accessible in Islamabad. Fox Movies is available on Badr 6, which is available on DWN along with Fox Series and i have no idea how they are getting its signal. They said they are using a huge imported high quality satellite dish for that. :unsure:

Hotbird could be a good option if you go for card sharing setup and you can find all the info in other threads.

[/quote]

But in the summer of year 2007 or 2008, I am sure I saw MBC2 on a cable in Rawalpindi. Anyways, the reason Fox Movies is available is that it probably is broadcast on Atlantic Bird, which is available.

And I am not aware of card sharing stuff at all, can you refer the link of any other thread.

[quote=“ShuAK, post:4, topic:15090”]

DWN (Digital Wireless Network) previously known as Sun TV, is available in 4 cities Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

I have been a subscriber of it for a very long time when it was an analog service by the name of Shaheen Pay TV back in 90s. :) but i haven’t got their new receiver yet still using the old one.

Whole system will cost you 12000 which includes receiver, smart card, antenna, wire and 3 months subscription. channels list is available on website.

[/quote]

The price that you gmentioned (12000) does it include the new digital or old analogue receiver?

Does it cover installation?

After the first 3 months, what is the monthly rate after that, and how do we pay?

Is the signal quality good, I mean is it disturbed by rain?

And just to be sure, antenna means that no dish is required; right?

Is there any way for 2 households to share one subscription without buying an extra receiver?

1. Digital receiver offcource. you dont need a separate receiver for analog transmission.

2. Im not sure. when i bought this setup they were charging 300 for installation. but you dont need to pay anyone anything. You can install by yourself. All you need is clear view of Damn-e-koh.

3. Rs.360 by prepaid cards, available on many shops in twin cities. chk their website. http://dwn.com.pk/pricing.html

4. Signal quality is good and it doesnt disturb by anything.

5. Yes. Dish is used for satellite communications only. See the pics of antennas used by this service:

product3.jpg

MMDS_Antenna.jpg

Antenna which DWN provide, looks something like this:

mmds-antenna-1-219.jpg

6. No. Its not like cable. You need a receiver with smart card for every TV to watch channels.

[quote=“HenryGale, post:9, topic:15090”]

But in the summer of year 2007 or 2008, I am sure I saw MBC2 on a cable in Rawalpindi. Anyways, the reason Fox Movies is available is that it probably is broadcast on Atlantic Bird, which is available.

And I am not aware of card sharing stuff at all, can you refer the link of any other thread.

[/quote]

At that time it was available on Eurobird 2 which is easily accessible across Pakistan. Atlantic Bird 4A lies below the horizon so their is no way one can access this sat in upper parts of Pakistan even if those areas come under footprint.

or you can also use the search option.