Help required related infinisolar 3kw+

yes panels 2900 watts. battery of 200Ah (6vx8)

Tufail bro what about your panel arrays

Is it parallel or series?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

this is one array of 11 x 250 watt panels. although 6 of them are 255 but that will be counted as 250 because of being in series with 250. I still planning to add one last 250 to go for max array option as my current solar power is fairly more than load. i shall add one panel and a battery of 150-200Ah as second bank to get maximum power from panels.

this second battery bank will only be used for daytime use and till the battery does not come to 50% DoD then it will be only one bank till next morning. Second will be available for emergency use via a diode in case main bank goes down due to longer utility power loss. This mechanism will be in my existing PLC.

So what does that means about minimum MPP voltage range 250v-350v in infini?

For every solar panel, there is a Vmppt which means this is point on the VI curve where the voltage will start falling if more current withdrawn. The MPPT charge controller basically works around this volt. For most of 250 watt panels I have seen it is 31.7V or so. I have not checked all other different panels. But the point is that you connected panels should be around 250 Vmppt ( 250/31= 8 panels) this is minimum Infini will require to work proper. While being 450V max, Infini will allow to connect (450/38= 12 panels).

This is based on 250 watt panel where

Voc=38V

Vmppt=32

This means a maximum of 12 x 250= 3000 watts can be connected in one array. If you wanna connect more then the array will come down to lower panels and that configuration is max of 8x2=16 panels in two arrays. As this is the maximum charging power is 1200 watts which is around 25Amp. Rest has to be converted to AC otehrwise it is waste.

[quote=“tufail_74, post:25, topic:22681”]

For every solar panel, there is a Vmppt which means this is point on the VI curve where the voltage will start falling if more current withdrawn. The MPPT charge controller basically works around this volt. For most of 250 watt panels I have seen it is 31.7V or so. I have not checked all other different panels. But the point is that you connected panels should be around 250 Vmppt ( 250/31= 8 panels) this is minimum Infini will require to work proper. While being 450V max, Infini will allow to connect (450/38= 12 panels).

This is based on 250 watt panel where

Voc=38V

Vmppt=32

This means a maximum of 12 x 250= 3000 watts can be connected in one array. If you wanna connect more then the array will come down to lower panels and that configuration is max of 8x2=16 panels in two arrays. As this is the maximum charging power is 1200 watts which is around 25Amp. Rest has to be converted to AC otehrwise it is waste.

[/quote]

So you mean we can make 2 arrays of 9 panels each of 250watts to produce max energy from this solar system?

For Infini+ the max solar current is 18A. You can two arrays but for Infini, max is 13A where is may be oversized to have two arrays as each array may produce 7-8A at max conditions.

I have infini plus model

[quote=“tufail_74, post:27, topic:22681”]

For Infini+ the max solar current is 18A. You can two arrays but for Infini, max is 13A where is may be oversized to have two arrays as each array may produce 7-8A at max conditions.

[/quote]

I have a query4 u tufail bro as its clearly mentioned in infini AC out put that it can handle 17A current of AC output and if we calculate ot according to Ohm law i.e P=VI

Means 17A×220V=3740watts can infini 3kw+ handle this kind of output load?

It can handle but for a short while normally any source is not used above 60-70% of capacity for regular use.

"... infini AC out put that it can handle 17A current of AC output and if we calculate ot according to Ohm law i.e P=VI
Means 17A×220V=3740watts can infini 3kw+ handle this kind of output load?
"

In AC circuit, P = V x I this is VA and not watts.
In AC circuit, VA x Power-Factor = Watts.
220V x 17A = 3740VA

3740VA x 0.8p.f. = 2992W
3740VA x 0.6p.f. = 2244W (although the actual load will be 2244 watts. but because of low power factor of 0.6, at 220 volts you will be drawing 17 amps from the source)

fans, energy-saver-lights have p.f. of about 0.7 and lower
high quality power-supplies(computer, LEDs) can have p.f. of 0.9 and above

^ HIGH QUALITY is key.. we have Led bulbs from same manufacturer with identical looks and specs, but one is 0.75 PF and other is 0.95PF.. both are identical in look and packaging. same way, PSU like Corsair digital PSU AX series have the highest APC (upto 0.96) in known history, while their own V and other low end affordable psu have 0.8 and lower.

buying a long term product is a long term investment and so HIGH QUALITY has to be the key factor in purchase. Axperts are the lowest end while infini may be considered mid range and Goodwe (0.96)and some schnieder models are indeed high end, and well worth their price in long term.

[quote=“enlightened, post:31, topic:22681”]

"… infini AC out put that it can handle 17A current of AC output and if we calculate ot according to Ohm law i.e P=VI

Means 17A×220V=3740watts can infini 3kw+ handle this kind of output load?"

In AC circuit, P = V x I this is VA and not watts.

In AC circuit, VA x Power-Factor = Watts.

220V x 17A = 3740VA

3740VA x 0.8p.f. = 2992W

3740VA x 0.6p.f. = 2244W (although the actual load will be 2244 watts. but because of low power factor of 0.6, at 220 volts you will be drawing 17 amps from the source)

fans, energy-saver-lights have p.f. of about 0.7 and lower

high quality power-supplies(computer, LEDs) can have p.f. of 0.9 and above

[/quote]

Thats excellent explanation thanks bro

Jazaak Allah

So what is conclusion? Infini is better option or Goodwe(0.96) or Schneider ? I have three panels of 325 watt each, I want to run without battery. Please. Advise.

[quote=“Mohammad_Azam_Warrai, post:34, topic:22681”]

So what is conclusion? Infini is better option or Goodwe(0.96) or Schneider ? I have three panels of 325 watt each, I want to run without battery. Please. Advise.

[/quote]

Bro infini and Goodwe are of different companies infini is much cheaper than goodwe or schneider You should go 4 axpert series inverter for just 3 panels they have 1-5kva hybrid inverters whereas schneider or goodwe setup is too coslty i.e around PKR 500k just for charge controller and inverter

if you can afford Goodwe and schnieder, then they are obviously THE best option we have here.. if buget is a bigger constraint, then infini would do a decent job.

[quote=“farooq786, post:35, topic:22681”]

Bro infini and Goodwe are of different companies infini is much cheaper than goodwe or schneider You should go 4 axpert series inverter for just 3 panels they have 1-5kva hybrid inverters whereas schneider or goodwe setup is too coslty i.e around PKR 500k just for charge controller and inverter

[/quote]

I have to add more panels upto 3kva or 5kva. So axpert is same like infini or different. My problem I want to run system whithout batteries in begning. Will axpert support this way as I know infini can run system without batteries. more over what mm cable required for connecting panels and inverter.

I have read the replies above, people being worried about that system is only generating 1.2KWatt during peak timings.

Let me explain this, if your solar panels are correctly mounted, which implies that it is pointing towards true South, then above scenario could be because of two reasons.

Optimum solar angles varies throughout the time of the day and the month. For example, the optimum solar angle during summers in Pakistan is around 17degrees whereas the same angle during winters is around 50 degrees, so mostly in Pakistan, Solar mounts have a fixed angle, its very difficult and time consuming task to change the angles. Secondly the installers here have very little clue about the correct orientation of solar systems, i mean to say is, that most of the people make mistakes here. Further, during summers, once temperature rises, this degrades the performance of solar panels, so output from solar panels has lot to do with surrounding temperature.