Help required on satlite receiver

i need help on satlite receiver i hav a reciver named winersat wr-786l which i rhink is not a digital i bought it in some time in 96 and since that time i have used it for just 1 year know i want to use it can any one tell me that can i watch geo tv and other !@#$ chaneel on this receiver or i have to buy a digital satlite receiver.plz help me on details and which lnb is best for that recever please

If its an analog receiver then you can't watch GEO TV on it.

GEO TV is not FTA. You just don't need FTA Digital receiver, you need a digital receive in which you can insert decoder card for GEO TV.

Buying decoder card is sometime more expensive than receiver itself. That's why it is cheaper for cable-tv-providers to buy one decoder and give signal to lots of users.

When you go to shop your new digital receiver do tell the shopkeeper that you need a digital receiver in which you can insert decoder card to view GEO TV. Also mention all other satellite TV channels so that shopkeeper can give you proper receiver for your needs and also tell you the price of decoder cards.

Take large amount of rokra in your pocket to buy decoder cards for famous satellite channels.

P.S. FTA channels are Free-To-Air channels and for them you don't need any decoder.

Chacha iabozdar, throw away you winersat analog receiver,I am sorry but its of no use.You can't subscribe GEO TV because GEO only give their decoders free to cable operators , you gota be a cable operator or else forget it.You can watch GEO NEWS as its free to air(FTA) ,get a hold of some decent digital receiver like Echolink.

or you can just get a strong internet connection and watch geo tv on the net

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

or you can just get a strong internet connection and watch geo tv on the net
[/quote]

That could be much cheaper if you are lucky to get good cable-wala internet connection at very cheap rate and suck the bandwidth for watching GEO TV.

By the way, does PTCL’s broadband-TV deliver GEO TV?

if you want to watch GEO NEWS, then you can watch it using an ordinary digital fta reciever and no need for decoder etc.

thanks a lot dear friends for coments information and sugestion,an other thing which i want to ask u from that which !@#$ n indian chanells can i watch on my this set if some 1 hav knowledge abt that than tell me n wat about eurostar satlite reciever

Chacha iabozdar, throw away you winersat analog receiver,I am sorry but its of no use.You can’t subscribe GEO TV because GEO only give their decoders free to cable operators , you gota be a cable operator or else forget it.You can watch GEO NEWS as its free to air(FTA) ,get a hold of some decent digital receiver like Echolink.
[/quote]

thanks a lot for ur information i think i want to share with u that i am not a “chacha”

thanks a lot dear friends for coments information and sugestion,an other thing which i want to ask u from that which !@#$ n indian chanells can i watch on my this set if some 1 hav knowledge abt that than tell me n wat about eurostar satlite reciever
[/quote]

I don’t have info regarding this receiver but I don’t think its IN these days,it won’t be releasing new softwares, Echolink is best ,give it a try.Check out your local market,its not that expensive, 2500 - 2800/= maximum

Do not throw your old analog receiver. It can be invaluable if you ever decide to align your dish to Hotbird etc as it is much easier to find signals with ana-receiver.

And if you are planning to buy a new one, go for Echolink. Its the best here in Pakistan.

Moreover Geo TV ( as well as GeoNews) is available FTA

I still have my analog satellite receiver but I haven't used it in many years.

Do not throw your old analog receiver. It can be invaluable if you ever decide to align your dish to Hotbird etc as it is much easier to find signals with ana-receiver.

And if you are planning to buy a new one, go for Echolink. Its the best here in Pakistan.

Moreover Geo TV ( as well as GeoNews) is available FTA

[/quote]

GEO entertainment is digitally encrypted whereas GEO NEWS is free to air.GEO entertainment can be watched by putting the biss keys.

I didn't say that Geo entertainment is not encrypted. I said that it is available FTA. There are two ways.

First is to contact Geo. They haven't encryped their channels for making money. Its just that sometimes transmission rights require that a particular program must not be viewable in some regions. So if you contact them, they will most probably provide you with a card for free. (Depends on them though). But this option is only available if your digital-receiver has CI to actually insert the card.

Alternatively you can contact me. Through email using forum email. (only if you have echolink or its clone). Using this method isn't illegal if you view GEO in pakistan but might be for viewing elsewhere. I can't provide more info here because of this point.

^ SupMA5TER

I don't get it. Since when using hacked-key or shared-key is not illegal in Pakistan?

I didn't get you,how is it FTA when its encrypted :/ .On some satellites its encrypted with conax and on one its encrypted with biss.As I told you before , Geo doesn't entertain home users,forget it.They entertain cable operators,get a license of cable operator they will give out the card and STB for free :lol: , they give out free decoder and card for 6 months after that they have to pay for it and secondly decoder and the card are married to each another, you can't use its card on another decoder.I don't think you can insert the card in echolink :/ but yes! you can watch it through entering biss keys.

it is v.old receiver. just use for parts.

the latest information on receivers is on this forum

www.pakistni-forum.com