Help required on digital camera

i am thinking abt buying a Sony DSC H10. please if any body can tell me is it worth or not.

if you have any suggestion abt DC in the price range of 20000 to 25000 please your help will be highly appreciated.

Grace and Peace

Confused

please define the feature-set you are looking for (in your mind at least) in addition to the price. this will help you in the decision. and as stated earlier in another post about the same subject, read some reviews of the camera at some good places like cnet or dpreview.

First of all, I would like to tell that I am generally a Canon guy, and not so much fond of Sony, so my opinion may be somewhat biased :)

Considering your choice of H10, I am guessing you are looking for extended zoom in your camera?. If this is one of your basic needs, then H10 will be ok for you. But it has some cons like it applies too much noise reduction even at low ISO settings which causes image detail loss (True for all Sony cameras though). But this is not noticeable for casual pictures.

If you are not looking for extended zoom that much, then I would suggest Canon A650IS. It is an awesome camera, and though I have not personally used this model, but I have used A640, and I was really happy with it.

And if you go for A650IS, make sure it doesn't have a 0 (zero) in the 5th number of serial number. In the very early units, there was a very small defect which created a purple spot or something in very rare conditions, and Canon recalled all those units and replaced them, but as its Pakistan you never know :)

And when you get a little advanced with it, and want to have dSLR like functions and even more on it, install CHDK on it, which adds RAW support, ability to zoom in when shooting videos, Time lapse photography, more ISO levels and so many more.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

And when you get a little advanced with it, and want to have dSLR like functions and even more on it, install CHDK on it, which adds RAW support, ability to zoom in when shooting videos, Time lapse photography, more ISO levels and so many more.

[/quote]

can we install programs in camera?

@Asad-Ahmad

wow

i have a canon SX100IS. do we have software upgrades available for it in the cyber world?

i have not used that canon much yet. but seems to me that the image quality of my sony a 3.2 MP DSCP32 mahine was better. seems to me that there is lot more in this gadget for a tech geek like you but for me its becoming increasingly difficult to change EV, F, ISO, and shutter speeds to comply with varying scene requirement.

http://zaheeriqbal.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-new-digi-cam.html

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can we install programs in camera?

[/quote]

On Canon Digic II and DiGIC III cameras, you can install another firmware (CHDK) that adds lots more functions and scripts. It is installed on the memory card and your original firmware is not removed or overwritten. Light here is about to go AGAIN, so I can’t find and post the links, but google should help. But I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners.

@xaheer:

What aspect of Image quality is not good? You should also realize that noise levels increase as pixel count increases, and to counter this you should always try to use ISO below 200. Try to shoot in Tv Mode or M mode, and set the shutter to 1/8 (there will be no blurring as your model has IS), and ISO to 100 or 200.

Check various option at follwwoing link

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

I just have the worst luck with digital camera's. Bought a Hp 510 5 mega pixel in 2004 for $750 along with all accessories. Some schmuck placed his baggage over mine in the airplane cabin and crushed the LCD. I noticed only after I got home. Screen replacement costs as much as a new camera. Junked!

Bought a Sony 6 mega pixel, was taking a picture in Desert Safari in Dubai, after a couple of pictures the camera lens refused to open. Sand got in between the lens, and Sony people say there is no way to repair it other than replacing the entire lens ! Costs 2/3 the price of the camera ! Junked!

Bought a Olympus 8 mega pixel now. Keeping my fingers crossed.