Help regarding battery acid

I have got a battery installed in my car ,its normal small battery.The problem is its throwing the acid out of one chamber onto the car body.I have filled the distilled water in it 2 -3 days back.The level should be at the bottom edge of the opening where the cap inserts into the battery?or that line mark on the battery? I have seen many people recommending about - the level should be at bottom edge of cap.Its a new battery and the car is new too.. My question is about the level of acid..how much should be it be poured?

Should be poured to the marked level. The other criteria is to keep electrolyte level below the depth of hole. Since battery gets hot while charging and due to the heat of engine so, electrolyte expands and flows out of the battery. Use your common sense here.

On most batteries there are two lines across the sides,

about an inch apart. Those are the "high" and "low"

values of how much liquid should be maintained inside

the battery.

A new battery is empty. The guy at the shop prepares

it for use by adding an appropriate amount of Sulphuric

Acid into it. A customer should only top-up with distilled

water at home and only up to the high mark.

If battery is spilling out acid/water, you have a problem.

If you take it to the shop, they will take it out excess with

a rubber bulb glass stopper. Don't try it at home. That

acid is quite potent and one shouldn't handle it. Period.

Sheikh 'Been Burned' Chilli

Ditch your battery and get maintenance free battery. My old battery ruined my car.

[quote=“hawker, post:4, topic:16374”]

Ditch your battery and get maintenance free battery. My old battery ruined my car.

[/quote]

exactly man get a regular maintenance fee battery, i have been driving cars since god knows when i have never come across the kind batteries are found generally in pakistani cars, like fill up with acid, keep check on the d-amn acid if level is not down then fill up, keep tab on acidity level bla bla whats up with this #$%# my dad tells me since late 70’s he is been using maintenace free batteries in car as standard and he finds it strange when he sees cars in pakistan with 1960 style batteries.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:5, topic:16374”]

exactly man get a regular maintenance fee battery, i have been driving cars since god knows when i have never come across the kind batteries are found generally in pakistani cars, like fill up with acid, keep check on the d-amn acid if level is not down then fill up, keep tab on acidity level bla bla whats up with this #$%# my dad tells me since late 70’s he is been using maintenace free batteries in car as standard and he finds it strange when he sees cars in pakistan with 1960 style batteries.

[/quote]

Yeah. There is always some problem with you.

i had the same problem with my honda civic but the problem was dynamo which charges the battery it was over charging actual charging voltages should be 14 volts DC but mine was giving 16 volts thats what the battery guy told me after checking through volt meter its costed me 600 rps to replace the part in the dynamo and since then its ok

This is also the case. Overcharging overheats the battery. Electrolyte expands, starts boiling inside the battery and flows out of it.