Help PTCL frequent dissconts

Aoa

Since last week last week i have been experiencing frequent disconnets after every 5-15 min on my dsl connection. I tried complaining to ptcl but they just dont understand the problem and keeps sending the lineman to check the lines. i have tried changing the routers splitter ethernet cable etc. Telephone cable is perfectly fine here are the snr anttenutaion values

Downstream

Upstream

Line Coding(Trellis):

On

On

SNR Margin (0.1 dB):

Attenuation (0.1 dB):

Output Power (0.1 dBm):

Attainable Rate (Kbps):

<p> </p><p>Here is the log when connection drops</p><p>Date/Time    Facility    Severity    Message<br>

Jul 6 16:31:29 daemon crit syslog: Received valid IP address from server. Connection UP.
Jul 6 16:43:00 user alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp1 OUT= MAC= SRC=204.152.196.234 DST=39.47.204.200 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=104 ID=256 PROTO=TCP SPT=6000 DPT=1433 WINDOW=16384 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000
Jul 6 16:46:30 user alert kernel: Intrusion -> IN=ppp1 OUT= MAC= SRC=93.174.93.51 DST=39.47.204.200 LEN=40 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=248 ID=54321 PROTO=TCP SPT=46966 DPT=8006 WINDOW=65535 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000

Jul 6 16:51:53 user crit kernel: Line 0: ADSL link down

Jul 6 16:51:53 user crit kernel: Line 0: xDSL G.994 training

Jul 6 16:51:54 daemon crit syslog: Clear IP addresses. PPP connection DOWN.

Jul 6 16:51:54 daemon crit syslog: Clear IP addresses. Connection DOWN.

Jul 6 16:51:55 user crit kernel: Line 0: ADSL G.992 started

Jul 6 16:51:58 user crit kernel: Line 0: ADSL G.992 channel analysis

The message in red is shown everytime when the connection drops.What does this means?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Disable IGMP from modem/router settings and see if it solves the problem.

If it does not then list the operating systems of all computers which you are using through this and whether or not you are using antivirus/internet security software on them. Tell your modem/router make and model as well.

Exact same is the case with my two 4mb connections. Both keep disconnecting after every few minutes:/

[quote=“a4aliii, post:3, topic:21299”]

Exact same is the case with my two 4mb connections. Both keep disconnecting after every few minutes:/

[/quote]

Log shows the same error? If so disable IGMP.

I haven't checked the log. I have disabled IGMP on both. Let's see.. thank you very much Joker

IGMP didn't help. Here is the log

l3eg.png

IGMP is already disabled. I have kasda KW 5815 and zyxel p660 router; using 3 systems, all using windows 7 os with zonealarm extreme security . Internet guy showed up today. He told me that hen can do some settings to make the problem go away but first he has to change my router (model name was an-010 something) and that i will be charged 1100.I told him not to do anything.

Decided to switch to nayatel.Thank you for replying.

Hello!

The "kernel intrusion" messages mean that the firewall is working and shouldn't effect your internet connection (most of the times it's Google ... you may try to trace the source IPs via Whois)!

Now, as for disconnections ... the forum is full of suggestions if you only search through it!

In short, you need to monitor snr margins as you are getting re-syncs and try to identify the source yourself (very tough ... try to move modem to separate power socket while ensuring proper airflow as well, use G.DMT modulation scheme, check with and w/out filter/splitter ... caution: phone won't be usable in an emergency when you'll connect directly w/out splitter for testing during the duration of test ..., check joints to dp, clean joints via Contact Cleaner, ) ... or launch a complaint with ptcl (for telephone noise) and wait and wait and wait in agony!!!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“a4aliii, post:6, topic:21299”]

IGMP didn't help. Here is the log

l3eg.png

[/quote]

and your line stats?

Hello again!

There is one another issue if line stats are fine (make sure by monitoring snr margins via utility like routerstats lite) ... and that issue is of lcp echo requests ... due to either load or poor maintenance (old ppp accounts/sessions hanging), the server is unable to respond to these requests that keep the connection alive ... true that ptcl may not need this mechanism for fiber connections, but, as per standards, any equipment must respond to a lcp echo request ... furthermore, some routers may use 'aggressive' timings but ptcl should be responsible for its own routers!

One symptom is the periodic nature of issue with change in ip address only without a resync!

To confirm, you may put router in bridge mode as modem only and use builtin pppoe client for windows as it does not send lcp echo requests (can be configured)!

Regards,

Ahmed

Same issue in peshawar since 20 july