Help needed

when i watch a video it is playing fine... but after while the screen turns green... i played with vlc... wmp11 ... media player classix.. KM media player ... all show the same problem... after i restart the picture is fine again but would turn green after a while again.. what could be the problem?? i normally use k lite mega codec pack and i unstalled and reinstalled it many times.. same things happen... i even tried to view while unistalling the codecs as vlc and KM players have their own codecs... but the problem remains the same... it is annoying like hell... is it a virus or a hardware problem of some sort??

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

when i watch a video it is playing fine… but after while the screen turns green… i played with vlc… wmp11 … media player classix… KM media player … all show the same problem… after i restart the picture is fine again but would turn green after a while again… what could be the problem?? i normally use k lite mega codec pack and i unstalled and reinstalled it many times… same things happen… i even tried to view while unistalling the codecs as vlc and KM players have their own codecs… but the problem remains the same… it is annoying like hell… is it a virus or a hardware problem of some sort??
[/quote]

looks lik som prob with the video file u r playing…try some other video

no dude ... i have like 500 movies:P... all of them do it

I am also using K-Lite.

also happens like screen gets in to green. and voice just goes smooth.

but it gets fine after just pausing and resuming the video. and it happens with most of the videos. may be all of the videos but I do not notice that thing because just pausing and resuming video works for me.

and I am pretty sure it's the codec issue by the confliction with videos encoded generally with some in-compatible encoders.

but one thing to mention. what I noticed when the video gets green.

this actually happens to me if I minimize the player(any player) while the video playing in it and when I restore the player back to my desktop, then video usually gets green.

and secondly I noticed if I put any other window overlaying the video then it gets green.

but Pausing & Playing actually works and turns back in to the video.

oh no bellskar... that is a different thing... all the colors go green.. i can still the video... just everyuthing is greenish... and also that it happens when there is no codec installed and still players like vlc and kmpalyer do it(who use their own codecs anyways)... and pausing and resuming doesn't work... i have to restart... which is a little hectic and also screen goes green after a small while again while wathing in full screen and no minimizing or anything

uninstall k-lite codec pack completely and download and install from

http://www.cccp-project.net/

its the same as k-lite codec but more up do date and fixes and its community is very active. I previously had many problems my self (not the same as your) but after installing this cc codec pack almost all of them are fixed.

yeah the k-lite mega codec pack is unistalled... i have installed your codecs... and i will reply back in a day or two if the problem persists or not

oh well no need for days... it didn't work... it still happens.... i hate that... either it is a crazy virus or maybe a hardware problem... if hardware then what?? i have no idea

anyone know anything??

the only way there may be a hardware problem is if you have re-installed the windows and the problem remains. if not give it a try.

yes but there is a virus possiblity too right... as with reinstalling windows and a virus there it may be still present.... but i installed bit defender and it didn't show any virus at all...i am suspecting ram as the culprit but well gotta wait and see

try to readjust your monitor wire............

i got such colorization when i had prob with my monitor wire.....

yes i know what you are talking about... but that happens to the whole screen not just the video part dude

try some converters

Uninstalling and reinstalling your graphic card may help. why not to give it a try too

actually there is a lot more starting to happen too... counterstrike hangs up everytime i play for more than a couple of minutes... and the blue screen of death is coming it quite a lot which starts memory dumping and the computer restarts... isn't ram's problem?? it could be the graphic card but then it shouldn't hang the pc and those blue screens

but one thing i do not understand... all the videos give me green screen or just greenis display after only 5 minutes into playing... but bs player gives me no trouble and plays video fine even if all the players give me that green thing??? what can that mean??

actally come to think of it... i may have damaged the ram myself... as the problems started last week when i unplugged my dvd writer while it was playing a cd(yeah just snatched the powercable from behind it as it was slowing the pc down with an old dvd in it)... i think that might have started some trouble with the ram couldn't it??

hmmm

seems a prob wid your vga

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

but one thing i do not understand… all the videos give me green screen or just greenis display after only 5 minutes into playing… but bs player gives me no trouble and plays video fine even if all the players give me that green thing??? what can that mean??

actally come to think of it… i may have damaged the ram myself… as the problems started last week when i unplugged my dvd writer while it was playing a cd(yeah just snatched the powercable from behind it as it was slowing the pc down with an old dvd in it)… i think that might have started some trouble with the ram couldn’t it??

[/quote]

did u test ur ram or it is just ur preception dat ram is culprit…

what kind of monitor you got?

most probably such problems occur due to a loose connection or weak picture tube(due to age) in a monitor.

i have experienced this with many monitors, screen going red, green, blue, yellow after some time of intensive video app or just after a random interval.

recently my own 17" monitor started showing pink color, after 10-15min of operation and turned good after system restart. Now it shows bright blue instead, and now it persists even after shutdown!