Help needed

I have an old type LG scanner model "LG Scanworks 66a". It does not have any USB support. It has only one provision to connect to a PC via printer port "LPT". The problem I have lost the driver CD for this scanner and when I connect this scanner to PC, it is not auto detected. I have attempted to download a driver for this scanner. Despite installing this driver, the scanner is not detected. Please help me out in resolving the issue. I am using windows XP.

get a new Printer

Is your parallel port enabled in BIOS setup? Do you see LPT port in Device Manager?

[quote=", post:3, topic:15239"]

Is your parallel port enabled in BIOS setup? Do you see LPT port in Device Manager?

[/quote]

The parallel port is enabled. But still its not working

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/Scanworks_36_and_66/get25876.html

click on the link. scroll down. enter the security code given there and download the driver.

Good luck.

hey i dont know the answer to your question, but recently i have found some best technology blogs. I am sure you can get answer from one of it. Check it out.

If your OS is XP then click on LPT port properties on device manager, then select "port settings" and click on the check box "Enable legacy plug and play detection" then restart your computer

Good Luck!