Help need with router/modem setup

I have Speedtouch 585v6 router (got from Mirconet broadband). I now have PTCL DSL connection with which I got free Huwai modem.

Now I would like to hook up my 585 with the modem and use it as a switch.

So the configuration will be as follows:

PTCL DSL → Huwaii modem→Speedtouch 585→Computers

So therefore kindly let me know how do I configure the Speedtouch 585 to work as switch through which I can access the internet.

Kindly give me step by step instructions for 585 or give me link where it will provide these instructions. I tried seaching google but couldnt find any

Thanks in advance.

anyone?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have Speedtouch 585v6 router (got from Mirconet broadband). I now have PTCL DSL connection with which I got free Huwai modem.

Now I would like to hook up my 585 with the modem and use it as a switch.

So the configuration will be as follows:

PTCL DSL → Huwaii modem→Speedtouch 585→Computers

So therefore kindly let me know how do I configure the Speedtouch 585 to work as switch through which I can access the internet.

Kindly give me step by step instructions for 585 or give me link where it will provide these instructions. I tried seaching google but couldnt find any

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Isn’t SpeedTouch 585 a modem+router? If so, why not just use that instead of two devices.

Since Speedtouch is made in the UK, it has issue on connecting with PTCL. (VPI/VCI) . There are no option in the drop down menu of Speedtouch to choose (0 / 103 - PTCL connection)

I also want to use its 4 ports to connection my several computer, since the modem has only one port.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Since Speedtouch is made in the UK, it has issue on connecting with PTCL. (VPI/VCI) . There are no option in the drop down menu of Speedtouch to choose (0 / 103 - PTCL connection)

I also want to use its 4 ports to connection my several computer, since the modem has only one port.

[/quote]

See post#34 here http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5332&p=2

If this does not help then I will let someone else help you out as I have connected a modem and router together but never a modem and modem+router.

The principle should be the same as that of a modem+router, so have a look at post 34 in the above link