Help Me plz : Got infected with Ahsaan Virus

AOA ...

friends I Got infected with Ahsaan virus .... kindly help to get rid of this evil plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... suggest me the antivirus which guarantees to kill it ... :(

Reformat.... :)

anyother suggestion ????

LOL! I have some registry files which I used to somewhat fix the effects of this virus. They are on another PC. I will try to get the files linked by tomorrow afternoon or evening.

Edit: I can't seem to find the files in the usual locations. I will try again but no guarantees. You might need to search the registry for each entry and modifying it to the default value. This will include names fo files/folders and effect of execution of files with specific extensions like batch files, etc.

Read this: http://techspec-gec.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-caught-you-mr-ahsan-remove-ahsans.html

JFGI!

Thanks to pay attention brother ASAD .... but i have read all such articls and tried as well but of no avail .. just want some some software solution now ... any antivirus , malware , antispyware utillity that can deal with this crap ....

@leo_hai

I do not understand why people are so afraid of formatting and installing clean Windows?

Just calculate the time since you got informed that your computer is infected. You have already wasted valuable time and since that time you are in constant tension. Why waste so much time?

Copying valuable files to another medium (another harddisk, USB flash drive, DVD\CD disc), formatting your C: partition and installing clean Windows will take only couple of hours or so.

Now think it yourself why are you beating a dead horse? :) I mean zombie Windows :D

^^

man there are hell alot of settings in programs and blah blah

@wampyr: After a clean install, it take me usually 4-5 hours to get back to what I had before clean install. Formatting is not the ultimate solution buddy

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Thanks to pay attention brother ASAD … but i have read all such articls and tried as well but of no avail … just want some some software solution now … any antivirus , malware , antispyware utillity that can deal with this crap …
[/quote]

Are you using Win XP Pro or Home?

@wampyr: After a clean install, it take me usually 4-5 hours to get back to what I had before clean install. Formatting is not the ultimate solution buddy
[/quote]

It takes me two days to get back my PC to working condition after format+clean install. But I still prefer it because why I waste so may days to bring back life to a dead horse when chances are very low and with new Windows I get fast system, every time.

I found the file. Download from the link below:

Ahsan's virus

It only contains the registry files with which to restore names of common folders/locations. You will have to use Autoruns to remove virus loading at start up and you will also need to manually update file and respective application associations.

Thanks Brother ASAD ...

and Dear WAMPyre everyone knows formatting whole disk is solution .... its just like killing sick humanbeing instead of treating :) . i have 40 GB hard drive contains 30 GB data which is equally important for me ... dont have spare drive to swap ... and moreover i have formated my C drive once but the this Bloody virus is pretty persistant .... so formatting didnt help .. now you let me know what if I dont want to lose my data at any cost ..... the only solution is to kill the virus ... suppose i shift my infected data on some other media . and format my Drive ... does it guarantee that using my infected data later will not arise the same issue ...

So brother things are not always as simple as you perceive

Have you tried imaging your draive than ??

[/quote]

I thought of it but then again why I waste 20GB for image of my bootable partition when I already have emergency OS in an other drive :)