Help me in forwarding ports to download torrnts

I am using utorrent and it says to forward port

how can i do so?

how can I know of my router model and no. without openng my Pc?

plz help

thanks

wats ur modem name?

Intel Ham 5628 V.92 Modem

my modem is huawei echolife HG520 cum wireless router

how to download from utorrent ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

my modem is huawei echolife HG520 cum wireless router

how to download from utorrent ?

[/quote]

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/EchoLife-HG520b/Utorrent.htm

Hope This Will Help.

have seen this dear , but its not working , think that the LDN has blocked all other ports except the necessary ones.

Intel Ham 5628 V.92 Modem
[/quote]

its not possible to forward ports in dialup. Sorry.

In dialup you can use 20 different ISP’s to connect to internet as compare to DSL where your modem/router is configured just to use the one specific ISP.

However, go to Windows Firewall and then exceptions and then to “Add port” and write any number between 1 to 66666 and then add the same number in utorrent and check if the port is opened. Don’t disable firewall it wont work.

have seen this dear , but its not working , think that the LDN has blocked all other ports except the necessary ones.
[/quote]

try using the same thing as i said above. the windows firewall exception thing. another member had a same problem and it worked for him.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=67312#p67312

@ kratos24

thanks man

it worked

I have forwarded ports but now I am facing another problem

In uTorrent, when I try to dowload sumthing it shows the sign that there is some problem with my network cofiguration and in the log it shows error opening firewall

Pls tell me how to resolve this

ok i did so , still the same speed i m getting , slowest speeds.

I have forwarded ports but now I am facing another problem

In uTorrent, when I try to dowload sumthing it shows the sign that there is some problem with my network cofiguration and in the log it shows error opening firewall

Pls tell me how to resolve this

[/quote]

well it could be the problem with the host side (isp) since the ports from client side (you) are forwarded properly. they must have firewall enabled at their end. in this case there is nothing you can do especially if you are on dialup.

well it could be the problem with the host side (isp) since the ports from client side (you) are forwarded properly. they must have firewall enabled at their end. in this case there is nothing you can do especially if you are on dialup.

[/quote]

No No No!

it gives that error when it can’t access windows firewall to open port! just goto utorrent settings connection tab and uncheck "add windows firewall exception"

if this doesnt solve the problem then check utorrent faqs they have a detailed explanation about it there

Got it working but download speed dun go above 0.2 kbps

may be its the dial-up bothering you. or the torrent you are downloading doesnt have enough seeders.

It shows that is has 11 seeders on the website but in the uTorrent client it shows (1)1 seeds

Even if I have dial-up 0.2KBps is real slow

I normally get about 6KBps with Download manger

I think low seeders is resulting in problem of download speed

yes they are, the most obvious reason is that they can't connect with you or you with them. "reason" nat problems, firewall restrictions, port blocking on both ends.

btw::check your thread in gamers hangout abt aoe.