Help me configuring wifi router

bought tenda w268r wifi router on Friday. have called to ptcl many times but they don't reply. so if any body could help me please, i'll be very great full.

It's not PTCL's Job. Just simply connect you modem to the one of the yellow ports on router. And switch on both. Although this is the simplest answer I will reply in details later on.

ptcl do provid this service. i did it as u said. but i get error "invalid password". i have tried many times

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ptcl do provid this service
[/quote]

Which services mate? all wat their job is to provide you with DSL in your vicinity. All is upto you how to configure and install new devices on your DSL.

Directly connect your the yellow port on your router to the PC. Power off your modem before doing this.

open "192.168.0.1" in your browser. type admin as username and admin as password.

Select DHCP server. Select disable.

Select Wlan setting. Tick the check box "enable wireless"

Select security setting. And set it up according to your needs.

In case your "if you forget the login username/password of your ADSL modem/router" then follow this to rest your router to factory defaults.

Please do post your progress.

Please do post your progress.

[/quote]Thank you very much mate, for replying. ptcl did call and helped me configure it. it was same as you told

Thank you very much mate, for replying. ptcl did call and helped me configure it. it was same as you told
[/quote]

You are welcome. where was the problem ?

You are welcome. where was the problem ?

[/quote]

i had forgotten my password and was getting portal.ptcl error. he gave me correct pwd.