Help me Buying a LAPTOP/NOTEBOOK

Okay, i am gonna buy my first Laptop as summer season is near so is Load shedding! I also want to get free from my Computer Chair! :P

So here are the Options in my Budget (You can also suggest some another in same range):

ACER ASPIRE 5742

Core i3 2.53 GHz, 2048MB Ram, 320GB Harddisk, DOS OS @ Rs.43500 from Galaxy Lahore

Fujitsu Siemens Life Book 530

Core i3 2.53GHz, 2048MB Ram, 320GB Harddisk, DOS OS @ Rs. 44000 from Icon sourcing Karachi

Dell Inspiron 5010

Core i3 2.53GHz, 2048MB Ram, 320GB Harddisk, DOS OS @ Rs. 51000 from Icon sourcing Karachi

Dell Inspiron 5010

Core i3 2.53GHz, 2048MB Ram, 320GB Harddisk, DOS OS @ Rs. 47000 from Galaxy Lahore

The Guy @ IconSourcing (Also member @ Wiredpakistan) is offering some discount also if i purchase from him, and will deliver the machine via courier. Also this company claims to deliver the genuine local warranty.

Kindly also suggest me is it safe to deal this way, like paying first and getting the machine delivered via Courier*. For suggesting a particular model kindly enlighten its pros and cons too.

*No offense IconSourcing as i have some bad experience in the past with some other company.

all i have to say stay safe this is Pakistan purchase items only from authorized dealers & get real warranty

updates

your budget is pretty massive so i'll suggest you to get HP Touchsmart tm2 great machine from Hewlett-Packard

google it for more details

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

*No offense IconSourcing as i have some bad experience in the past with some other company.

[/quote]

Why would I be offended, you are a buyer and its your right to do all kind of research you think is necessary. If I would be at your place, I would do the same.

As I am one of the seller, I will not contribute in this thread as far as suggestions are concerned.

But one thing you did not mention in comparison of prices you have posted i.e. warranty status which is not only a pricing factor but also after sales service very much relies on it. It would be better if you edit your post accordingly.

Thanks.

But one thing you did not mention in comparison of prices you have posted i.e. warranty status which is not only a pricing factor but also after sales service very much relies on it. It would be better if you edit your post accordingly.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Edited!

Guys please! make your suggestions!!!!! :(

how about hp??

^ Hp G62 models are available in this price range, but people say they are not good. :-/

^ Go for dell then.

Go to there http://www.notebookreview.com/ :lol:

How about this Hp probook 4520S

Core i3 380M 2.53GHz

3Gb DDR3 Ram

320Gb Hard Disk

ATI Mobility AMD Radeon HD 6370M - 1Gb Dedicated

Its available @ Galaxy for 51000. What do you guys say? Its a business style notebook :D

A few days ago I visited a shop in DHA and the guy showed me some HP laptops ( I'm a fan of HP ), I was interested in G62, He showed me the new laptop which I found much better and is just launched in Pakistan as he said.

They were HP pavilion G4, And HP Pavilion G6. Looked awesome to me and the keypad and design was much better then the n5010. The build quality was good too. Both models were available in 2 sizes but there was no differences in price if I go for 14" or 16".

hp_pavilion_g4_charcoal_01_1.jpg

I wrote the price in some paper as it came with HP warranty and I lost that paper, As of I remember it was 57000 for g6 and 53000 for g4. Iconsourcing may be more helpful in letting you the price and a short review about these new models.

Final suggestion would only be to go for HP

Edited: G6 Available for Rs 58500/=

G4 available for Rs 55500/=

http://www.myshop.com.pk/laptop-pakistan/hp-pavilion-g6-1020ee-i3w7-pakistan.html

http://www.myshop.com.pk/laptop-pakistan/hp-pavilion-g4-1035tu-pakistan.html

^ Icon is selling same G6 for 48000 i guess, but i think i should go for the 4520S as it has a dedicated ATI 1 gb card also :D

Probooks look sweet, always have, but HP's launching newer Probooks in the coming weeks.

IMO, you should wait for laptops with Sandy Bridge processors to make it here. They're faster and have lower power consumption.

Probooks look sweet, always have, but HP’s launching newer Probooks in the coming weeks.

IMO, you should wait for laptops with Sandy Bridge processors to make it here. They’re faster and have lower power consumption.

[/quote]

Not sure if Sandy Bridge will cost under Rs.50000/- also there was a huge problem with Sandy Bridges so there is no guarantee that he might end up with a defective MB.

Have used a few dell once and they were always good for the job, had a very bad experience with an HP running AMD so can't recommend the HP's from my part.

Others might have had a better experience.

Best of luck.

My sugestion not to buy HP, I have a DV9000 series notebook which i bought for 80k and the built quality is really rubbish. My left screen hinge got broken by it

self, despite using the latop very carefully. Later I discovered that this is a design fault by HP, and everyone is moaning about it on the internet. They do not provide a free replacement anymore aswell.

Secondly the video chip is also poorly placed, the heat sink is so tiny that the chip heats up and the screen goes black quite often.

Therefore, I would not recommend HP. However maybe they have fixed these issues in their new line-up. Your choice.

Another advice would be to buy a notebook from a compan which has repair workshops here in Pakistan, so that you can easily claim your warranty.

Edit: Spellings fixed.

Got hp probook 4520s

Core i3 2.53

3Gb Ram

320 Gb Hard disk

1 GB ATI RADEON HD Dedicated

after visiting the market, i got one with international warranty only @ 49500 , imho all this warranty stuff is a topi drama . I got one with dos and when i got home i was surprised to see there were no booklets or cd's inside the box, when asked the shopkeeper he said there weren't any :-/ , one more 2 numberi at hafeez center i noticed nearly on all shops they never give you free bag came inside the box. they sell it separately, bloody thieves :o

First of all Congratulations on your purchase. HP Probook is technically a very good series from HP.

Re Warranty stuff: it is NOT topi drama. Genuine Manufacturer's warranty counts and beneficial for all of those who would mostly use their laptops within Pakistan. I am dealing in both, local & international warranty, so, I know the difference.

Re Carry bag: Mostly no laptops comes with FREE carry bag from manufacturer. If you notice there is no place to keep the bag inside the box. HP 6720s was with carry bag inside the box and its box was almost double the size of normal box. Sellers have buy it separately. I have no outlet at Hafeez center, so I am not defending my own self but just telling you a fact.

Graphic Card please recheck that it has a 1gb dedicated, because this configuration comes with 512mb dedicated. I am not saying that its not possible but better re-check.

Anyhow, as it is yours now, consider it to be the best machine in the world. All the best & congrates again.

Got hp probook 4520s

i noticed nearly on all shops they never give you free bag came inside the box. they sell it separately, bloody thieves :o

[/quote]

Congrats on your purchase.

Since you have paid so much for a laptop, might as well spent another Rs.300-400 and get a local leather etc laptop bag :)