Help in downloading this video

Can anyone help me in downloading this video

http://bit.ly/aok1dH

I have tried with several plugins and applications but not able to find solution.

This should work fine for this type of video.

http://www.recordstreamingvideo.net/download-video-recorder

DownloadHelper - Firefox plugin. One click and the video

is yours.

Sheikh 'Botal Ka Jinn' Chilli

Already tried firefox plugins and recordstreaming but nothing works for this video.

Videos, which are streamed via a Streaming Media Server (e.g. the media on RTSP, MMS Protocols), are not downloadable with any software or plugin. (There were some projects to solve it, I'll talk later below)

But the softwares which are currently popular being a video downloader can only download videos, which are streamed as a Progressive Download via a standard Web Server using HTTP or HTTPS protocol.

The media, on Youtube and many other video sharing websites, are usually streamed as Progressive Download. Actually this way is considered better now a days as it caches the file on the client's computer. The client handles the buffering and playing during the download process. If the playback rate exceeds the download rate, playback is delayed until more data is downloaded (normally we call it buffering). And more importantly the part of the play back which has been downloaded/cached can be played back again(using the seek bar) without re-downloading it.

Unlikely, The media on some websites are streamed via a proper Streaming Media Server. However you can navigate any where on the seek bar to play the media from. But it never caches the media part which has been played so far. It will re-download if you re-play the media. This type of media can not be downloaded.

And it seems to me (can't say it surely though, just played the video for a few minutes) that the video link you are trying to download from, is broadcasting live from the Streaming Media Server. Till now I don't have an idea how you can download that video. I have seen some projects for downloading RTSP streams, but I never got a situation to use them. But these might even be able to download if you tell them the exact URL where the video is. This is the most recent when Flash Players are being used for streaming media so I doubt there could be any software yet so far which has been able to read the running media on a Flash Player.

I just put the information more than enough in this post. It could be use full.

^ Thanks, very useful information.

just use any screen recorder software with sound. it should work.

yes a screen recorder will work

I recommend WM Capture

I tried to record that video with Camtasia. No audio problem but video records with pauses. I don't know why.

When i use Camtasia to record other screen activities, it works great. So, my conclusion is screen recording software doesn't record videos perfectly. Please correct me If I am Wrong?

Thanks zeeshan.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
yes a screen recorder will work

I recommend WM Capture

[/quote]

I like challenges so to speak, so after a few hours of this and that, and skipping a meal :), here is the original file:

http://asadahmad.com/tmp/baed_alakhbar.mp4

Superb, Can you tell us how you did this...I guess, through Screen Recording software?

I like challenges so to speak, so after a few hours of this and that, and skipping a meal :), here is the original file:

http://asadahmad.com/tmp/baed_alakhbar.mp4

[/quote]

Not really. As I said, its original file.

A little combination of etherape and wireshark.

The SWF file is located on another server while mp4 file is hosted on another one.

On Linux, Wireshark shows RTMP protocol, in which case you have to look for Handshake part 3, which usually contains the filename. Otherwise I think in windows it will just show up in normal HTTP traffic depending on your capturing interface. Once you get the filename with the filepath, look for DNS queries immediately before or after that one. That is the domain of the file server. Just append the filename/path you got before to the domain and download.

Though I got the domain first from etherape as I saw the domain which was mostly using the connection for WWW traffic, and then confirmed it from DNS query

No doubt, Pakistan is full of talent. Thanks Asad....

The SWF file is located on another server while mp4 file is hosted on another one.

On Linux, Wireshark shows RTMP protocol, in which case you have to look for Handshake part 3, which usually contains the filename. Otherwise I think in windows it will just show up in normal HTTP traffic depending on your capturing interface. Once you get the filename with the filepath, look for DNS queries immediately before or after that one. That is the domain of the file server. Just append the filename/path you got before to the domain and download.

Though I got the domain first from etherape as I saw the domain which was mostly using the connection for WWW traffic, and then confirmed it from DNS query

[/quote]

Why not use orbit download manager.

[quote=“Asad-Ahmad, post:13, topic:11509”]

[/quote]

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but it seems you are the man who can help me.

Would you be kind enough to figure out how to download videos from http://www.nickindia.com/videos/. These videos can only be played using Indian proxy (I'm using 'Mask My IP').

I have so far tried IDM, Tube Digger, WM Recorder, Replay Media Catcher, StreamTransport, RTMPExplorer, RTMPDumpHelper with RTMPDump, JDownloader, etc. etc. with no luck.

Also tried URL Snooper and Video DownloadHelper (Firefox add-on). URL Snooper only captures the advertisement url, but not the video url.

Video DownloadHelper shows the following url:

http://vodnickindiacom-vh.akamaihd.net/z/pakdam_pakdai/season1/episode6/web/music_mayhem_ep_6_part1-2000000.mp4/0_1fa22c43fbedb4db_Seg1-Frag4?hdntl=exp=1380344101~acl=%2f*~data=hdntl~hmac=cea9c8b445476dbe38ec03de8da97b3d449c34ff738c6f9fdc9342d92d4b31f1&als=3.87,30,0.9,0,676,940,30,0,2,24,f,15.33,425.46,f,s,HPMKJICFYCHI,2.11.3,24&hdcore=2.11.3

But I simply don't know whether it's a viable url and if so, how to use it!

Hope you have some spare time to figure this out.

Thanks

IDM is Best for any type of video or site and here I download it Try Latest IDM Ver.

Internet Download Manager,(size of this video is 146.18 MB)so give it a try.....

Hello,

Try chrome extension flash video downloader, it's working fine for me. here's a link to this extension. : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-downloader-professi/elicpjhcidhpjomhibiffojpinpmmpil