Help>>i hav a problem>> somebody is logging onto my computer

i hav a problem somebody is logging onto my computer without my permission>>when i shut my computer off the following message comes on,

"Are you sure that you want to shut down your computer other people are logged on"

and one other time

"Are you sure that you want to shut down your computer other people are downloading file"

any suggestions>>i am behind a zonealrm firewalll>>

Are you on any LAN? I mean, are there other computers in your local area network? And are there any other user accounts on your computer?

i have worldcall package>>i dont have a internal lan in my apt though>>i just have a administer account on my pc>>

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i have worldcall package>>i dont have a internal lan in my apt though>>i just have a administer account on my pc>>
[/quote]

Check your firewall logs then. This sounds suspicious.

Are you using anything like Limewire or DC++?

Are you using anything like Limewire or DC++?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

using internet download manager and orbit to download stuff>>>i will check the firewall logs

You must reinstall your firewall with clean installation and allow each application if require. Most important dont allow any software as "act as server". I am using zonealarm and this software ask for every software to use trusted area of windows, internet, act server. Do not allow any software to act as server, this might solve problem.

mfa6464>>i reinstalled my firewall seems like alcohol a cd dvd emulator was trying to acces the internet and so was a spam filter and orbit>>i have stopped them from accessing the internet and now everything seems to be ok>>

you have some files shared from your pc that's why you getting that error

there is folder called my shared files unshare that coz its a default share and anyone can upload files to that folder plus viruses also can get in your pc because of that

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i hav a problem somebody is logging onto my computer without my permission>>when i shut my computer off the following message comes on,

"Are you sure that you want to shut down your computer other people are logged on"

and one other time

"Are you sure that you want to shut down your computer other people are downloading file"

any suggestions>>i am behind a zonealrm firewalll>>

[/quote]

Somebody is accessing your shared folders (maybe default shared folders). I guess you are using Windows XP; in Control Panal -> Administrative Tools -> Services. In services list, double click on “Server”. First stop that service and then change the Startup Type to Disable. Restart your computer.

After disabling this service, no one will be able to access shared folders in your computer (hopefully, you don’t have LAN in your home).

However, keep this in mind that hackers can create and inject software that still copy files from your computer without standard Windows’ file sharing network protocols.

Stay safe!

Fe-Aman Allah.