Help!. configuring Linksys router on PTCL dsl

kindly help me with connecting linksys wag200g on PTCL dsl.

please watch this video in 480p. its the screen recording of the setting tabs http://youtu.be/GaXb7de62QY

What is it that you are stuck on? This video doesnt help much in explaining what you want. It would be better to post screenshots and ask specific questions in my opinion.

[quote=", post:2, topic:20284"]

What is it that you are stuck on? This video doesnt help much in explaining what you want. It would be better to post screenshots and ask specific questions in my opinii want

[/quote]

i want to configure this modem for ptcl . kindly see the video and tell me where to make changes.

Your title says router and your last reply says modem. If its a router that you are trying to set up then you could try following this guide. If that is not the case then please elaborate because I honestly cant make the heads and tail of your query.

Hello!

First of all, use the manual about how to configure ... http://www.avc.com.hr/eurostar/artikli/dvr/router/linksys/wag200g_manuals.pdf ... as far as settings for PTCL are concerned, you need this info:

1) Connection Type

2) Vpi and Vci settings

2) your login/username for dsl

3) your password for dsl

PTCL support/helpline should provide you with these, but, apart from login and password, its like:

- Connection Type for DSL: PPPoE with LLC Encapsulation type

- For Copper Network: VPI/VCI = 0/103

- For Fiber Network: VPI/VCI = 8/81

Note: If you have IPTV as well, please mention it as that involves creating a bridge connection on another virtual circuit (PVC)!

Follow these steps but use the above settings: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&docid=b76b9811c882406b9a7179b0116a0e66_4290.xml

Advanced Options:

- For copper network you should set ADSL Modulation to G.DMT

- MTU size should be set to 1446

- There are 3rd-party/custom firmware images for wag200g that may offer better performance!

You can also take the router to the exchange or a tech savvy person with the info you'll get from PTCL Helpline and then that person can set it up for you! You'll then just need to plug it in back at your home!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

[quote=", post:4, topic:20284"]

Your title says router and your last reply says modem. If its a router that you are trying to set up then you could try following this guide. If that is not the case then please elaborate because I honestly cant make the heads and tail of your query.

[/quote]

oh am sorry. its a wifi modem , like the one provided by ptcl.

[quote="ahmedfarazch, post:5, topic:20284"]

Hello!

First of all, use the manual about how to configure ... http://www.avc.com.hr/eurostar/artikli/dvr/router/linksys/wag200g_manuals.pdf ... as far as settings for PTCL are concerned, you need this info:

1) Connection Type

2) Vpi and Vci settings

2) your login/username for dsl

3) your password for dsl

PTCL support/helpline should provide you with these, but, apart from login and password, its like:

- Connection Type for DSL: PPPoE with LLC Encapsulation type

- For Copper Network: VPI/VCI = 0/103

- For Fiber Network: VPI/VCI = 8/81

Note: If you have IPTV as well, please mention it as that involves creating a bridge connection on another virtual circuit (PVC)!

Follow these steps but use the above settings: http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&docid=b76b9811c882406b9a7179b0116a0e66_4290.xml

Advanced Options:

- For copper network you should set ADSL Modulation to G.DMT

- MTU size should be set to 1446

- There are 3rd-party/custom firmware images for wag200g that may offer better performance!

You can also take the router to the exchange or a tech savvy person with the info you'll get from PTCL Helpline and then that person can set it up for you! You'll then just need to plug it in back at your home!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

[/quote]

thanks alot brother. am trying to configure it now

996614_607537672619024_879756793_n.jpg1379701_607537665952358_261783531_n.jpgi configured it correctly but still getting that error. plz help

ahmedfarazch

please check the above post. all LEDS in the router are green.

Hello!

Ok that's quite some progress ... now coming to DNS, what you need to do is:-

1. Make sure that no static IP and/or custom DNS has been specified on windows: Network & Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings -> LAN Properties -> IPv4 settings -> Should be on 'Automatic' for IP and DNS

2. If PTCL's DNS is not working, you can change it to:

- OpenDNS with FamilyShield: 208.67.222.123, 208.67.220.123

- NortonDNS (Mid-Level Protection): 198.153.192.50, 198.153.194.50 (Recommended)

- Google DNS: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

- Others: Comodo DNS, MetaCert, etc ...

by logging into the router: -> Setup -> Basic Setup -> scroll down and you'll find Static DNS 1,2 and 3 -> Fill 1 and 2 from any of the above but keep the third one to 182.176.39.23 (or any other PTCL one) just in case!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

ahmedfarazch

i exactly followed what u said but getting the same results. also DNS won't change to the configured ones. modem is picking DNS servers from ptcl

Login Type RFC 2516 PPPoE

Interface: Up

IP Address: 182.185.32.162 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255 Default Gateway: 182.185.0.1 DNS1: 182.176.39.23 DNS2: 182.176.18.13 DNS3:

WINS:

Hello!

Did you reboot after applying settings?

If its still giving you problems, then, at your end there is no harm in trying a firmware update!

Now, there are many options as many different ones are available:

- Try official update first (should be Annex A): http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-L/LinkSys/WAG200G/Firmware/v1/

- http://openwag200.sourceforge.net/

- Routertech (one-way trip)

Here is the notifier you must read:

WARNING: You may brick your router if something goes wrong. You assume full liability for whatever happens and hold nobody responsible for damages, tangible or intangible, resulting from the use or mis-use of information or software found here. You (the user) assumes all liability.

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

can u make the openwag200 thing easy for me. i dont know what to dowload and what not? thank you.

I can try! Here is the readme file:

"OpenWAG200 1.4 file release readme

!!!!! WARNING: ANNEX B RELEASE WASN'T TESTED - WE DON'T HAVE ANNEX B ROUTER !!!!!
!!!!! WARNING: YOU ARE USING THIS SOFTWARE (ANNEX A AND B) AT YOUR OWN RISK !!!!!
If you just want to try OpenWAG200 1.4 release, download:
- WAG200G_V1.01.09.openwag200-build-1.4-A.zip - if you are using Annex A
- WAG200G_V1.01.09.openwag200-build-1.4-B.zip - if you are using Annex B
If you want to burn full wag200 flash image via JTAG cable, download:
- WAG200G_V1.01.09_flashimage.openwag200-build-1.4-A.zip - if you're using Annex A
- WAG200G_V1.01.09_flashimage.openwag200-build-1.4-B.zip - if you're using Annex B
To avoid bricking your WAG200:
- LANGUAGE SETTING MUST BE SET TO ENGLISH PRIOR TO FLASHING OPENWAG200 SOFTWARE.
- check MD5 checksum of the firmware file before flashing
- do not flash via remote internet connection or wireless connection - flash
_only_ from wired LAN PC
- if flashing will take more than the progress bar is telling you, wait patiently
for about 10 minutes before manually restarting the router....

"

So, you may try the file WAG200G_V1.01.09.openwag200-build-1.4-A.zip ! Do let us know how it goes for you!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

started working with openwag. thank u ahmedfarazch. u really helped me alot.

Hello,

I need help setting up PTCL Smart TV on my Linksys X3500 Router+Gateway.

Internet is working fine just need help with setting up my Smart TV.

Couldn't figure out how to create a virtual connection in this router.

Please help.

Regards.

Ehsan