Help buying LCD monitor

Hi guys i need ur advice in buying a 19 inch lcd monitor.

My budges is under 15k.

Choices are:

1. Acer AL-1916W silver widescreen for Rs.13300

2. Asus VW193T for Rs.14500

3. Samsung 920NW for Rs. 14100

4. Viewsonic VA1928WM for Rs.14500

OUt of these 4 lcd's only asus and viewsonic ones support DVI others are normal vga lcd's so

1.is there noticable difference between quality of the two and will i get higher FPS in games with DVI than in normal vga?

2. what about the warrenties of these different brands do they all offer 3 years warrenty?

3. Are built in speakers any gud or should i go for a lcd without them.

4. Which lcd should i go for?

Help would be much much appreciated another thing i've got 7900gs pcx card so consider it too which i think is useless for 22 inch lcd.

Well take acer and asus off the list because they simply are not in the same league as the other two. Between samsung and viewsonic i would go for the later as their monitors are simply the best IMO.

and the speakers are worthless, even worse than the ones on cellphones.

no you wont get higher FPS. DVI wont make any difference on a budget monitor.

Guys don't be so rude plz giv ur precious suggestions. I'm waiting.

VIEWSONIC..my vote!!!

worldwide samsung is more popular with good color and new technology

>1.is there noticable difference between quality of the two and will i get higher FPS in games with DVI than in normal vga?

No. If you're running at or above 1680x1050 then the VGA signal starts to degrade, before that there is almost no difference. FPS has nothing to do with VGA or DVI specially on LCD's, you should instead aim for the lower response time as possible.

>2. what about the warrenties of these different brands do they all offer 3 years warrenty?

In Pakistan generally it's 1 year. But when you buy your screen, turn it on in the shop and stare at every inch of the screen for at least 5 minutes (edges/corners specially). Some screens have dead pixels which are extremely irritating and translate into little black dots on your display.

>3. Are built in speakers any gud or should i go for a lcd without them.

Built in speakers (even 2W) are good enough for general use. I always buy multimedia lcd's as I prefer not having the clutter of speakers and wires on my desk.

>4. Which lcd should i go for?

Out of the four options you gave, the best is the Asus followed by the Samsung.

I narrowed down my choices to

Asus VW193T for Rs.14500

Viewsonic VA1928WM for Rs.14500

Coz they both have dvi ports. In last i selected the Asus one eventhough many people didn't like my choice but to my badluck it got out of stock. Now Someone tell me is there any chance of samsung price decrease.

if you are into gaming then just go for the one with 2ms response time...

What about hp monitors, as someone told me that hp and viewsonic monitors are best buy.

What you think about hp bcoz i wanna purchase hp1707 or hp1710 ?

hp1707 is wide screen and is it good to use widescreen as i neve used widescreen ever ?

I think there is a Tag No. on the backside of each laptop. you can enter that number on the manufacturer website and get the status of that laptop.