Help AS i am new user

Hi friends i am a new user of computer .

i have a laptop and I want to know that how to check the temperature of CPU. cause my laptop of heat up that i am unable to keep it on my lap.......

looks like clogged heatsink.. or maybe you are blocking the fan's vents

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i have a laptop and I want to know that how to check the temperature of CPU. cause my laptop of heat up that i am unable to keep it on my lap…

[/quote]

if ur CPU supports temperature montorin u can use this application http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

i have a laptop and I want to know that how to check the temperature of CPU. cause my laptop of heat up that i am unable to keep it on my lap…

[/quote]

check in the bios or a software like speed fan

or just install lavalyst everest and it has function to monitor cpu temps

we would helped even if you weren’t a new user :D

well it might be simple answer considering the other answers but all the newer laptops run a lil hot to kept on the lap, when kept on for than 10-15 mins.....plus all of em have have shutdown feature when overheated to protect mobo and processor..... i have a amd turion 64x2 and core 2 duo...... both run hot enough not to be kept on the lap or to be run while kept on a soft surface, I always use em keeping on a hard surface..... but that's me..... the guru's of the forum might think otherwise..... :)

well it might be simple answer considering the other answers but all the newer laptops run a lil hot to kept on the lap, when kept on for than 10-15 mins…plus all of em have have shutdown feature when overheated to protect mobo and processor… i have a amd turion 64x2 and core 2 duo… both run hot enough not to be kept on the lap or to be run while kept on a soft surface, I always use em keeping on a hard surface… but that’s me… the guru’s of the forum might think otherwise… :)
[/quote]

i also keep my laptop on a hard surface

i even put a few books underneath it to make sure maximum air flow is maintained

well it might be simple answer considering the other answers but all the newer laptops run a lil hot to kept on the lap, when kept on for than 10-15 mins…plus all of em have have shutdown feature when overheated to protect mobo and processor… i have a amd turion 64x2 and core 2 duo… both run hot enough not to be kept on the lap or to be run while kept on a soft surface, I always use em keeping on a hard surface… but that’s me… the guru’s of the forum might think otherwise… :)
[/quote]

Right on! The laptops tend to heat up once you place them on surfaces that block the ventilation.

[/quote]

Heh. Kinda funny as this device is called lap-top but isn’t optimized for lap use. Maybe we should start calling it hardwood-top? :P

Yeah, I’ve noticed it too, but I thought it was heating up because of outside heat.

I usually don’t put the lappy in my lap because it’s a bit heavy and makes my legs ache if kept there for a long time. :confused:

theres a software "notebook hardware control". its made for dell but works on other models too

Heh. Kinda funny as this device is called lap-top but isn’t optimized for lap use. Maybe we should start calling it hardwood-top? :P

Yeah, I’ve noticed it too, but I thought it was heating up because of outside heat.

I usually don’t put the lappy in my lap because it’s a bit heavy and makes my legs ache if kept there for a long time. :confused:

[/quote]

yeah but the thing is laptops arent called laptops anymore

they are called notebooks

wel thanks for all the discussion.

but i just ask how to check temperature of cpu.

i don't know weather my cpu support it or not.

i have compaq 1.80 Gh processor with 512 MB of ram.

model is Compaq N610c.

I always put laptop on my lap and never faced any heating issue.

wel thanks for all the discussion.

but i just ask how to check temperature of cpu.

i don’t know weather my cpu support it or not.

i have compaq 1.80 Gh processor with 512 MB of ram.

model is Compaq N610c.

[/quote]

which CPU does it have?

which CPU does it have?

[/quote]

try lavalyst everest if there is a sensor it will automatically show the temps

Is it software?

Is it software?
[/quote]

ya get the trial version from here: