Help Alert!

How do i tell whether my psu is atx , micro atx or any other form??

more details please about ur PSU? like brand, power?

If its in a branded PC, go to the receptive OEM site, they might mentioned the casing type...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How do i tell whether my psu is atx , micro atx or any other form??
[/quote]

PSU is always atx for generic computers. The casing can come in different form factors like atx and micro atx.

Branded computers can have their own proprietary psu or even obscure stuff like btx.

Its not branded ant actually i dont know how much power its having.....its just written on it is GI GA power GIGA-ANC (ANC-300) i thnk its 300 watt....psu came with my casing...(after sales)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its not branded ant actually i dont know how much power its having…its just written on it is GI GA power GIGA-ANC (ANC-300) i thnk its 300 watt…psu came with my casing…(after sales)
[/quote]

Ah then its a generic chinese psu. Will only do about 200 watts max under real world use.

You need not worry about your PSU unless you plan to add a graphics card. If that is what you intend to do then you will need a branded PSU like corsair, cooler master, fsp etc.

^no, the problem is that im going to upgrade my motherboard and new motherboard is ASUS P5QPL-AM which iz a micro atx......

well than, you need to confirm that ur PSU has 24-pin EATX power connector and 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector.... if so than u should be fine.

tMXotdI3TKimkCxf_500.jpg

See If the power connectors of ur PSU matches the highlighted connectors of the mobo.

@faisal

agreed

only the power out connector type will define ur problem!

^ i am having 4 pin connector but other one is only 20....now what to do??

which means u have a 24 pin connector! its used together to make 24pin!

but in that mobo there is another 4pin connector.......

ewww..... can u take a picc mayb!

^ the pic i have showed IS the pic his mobo ..... ASUS P5QPL-AM

and I think he has to buy a new PSU with 24pin connector.