HELLLPP! Big Windows problem

Last night my Kaspersky key was blacklisted (i know wat you guy must be thinking by comon i cant afford Rs. 8000 software)

i searched the internet and found a key generator. I installed it and it prompted a computer restart.

The problem came that after the resrtart the login window changed and when i logged in it gave the blue screen (the error one) and restarted.

I have done all i can do but the problem persists. The other account are also behaving like this. Even Safe mode, debugging mode, configuration mode all are giving the blue screen once they start to load.

I'm down to my final stretch (i.e. formatting) but doesn't want to as i have a lot of stuff on the C drive (where XP in installed)... is there anyway things can be back to normal without formatting.

insert win XP CD and choose the repair option

2nd option is to install a fresh copy of xp in some other drive where there is some space or even on C drive if u have some. Backup your data in the old xp installation and then u can do whatever u want. I have done this things many times as when things were messed up.

To install 2 windows in the same drive just change the name of folder "windows" to "windows2" or any other you want.

you must have downloaded a trojan/virus...a format+fresh install of windows should fix it...

btw why don't you use AVG or AVAST? or some other free AV...

Or free a free OS which doesn't suffer from viruses...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

you must have downloaded a trojan/virus…a format+fresh install of windows should fix it…

btw why don’t you use AVG or AVAST? or some other free AV…

[/quote]

I was hooked up on kaspersky…it was the one AV that didn’t create any problems for me. Anyway i’ll download Avast Home edition. It free but i hope it doesn’t create any problems.

2nd option is to install a fresh copy of xp in some other drive where there is some space or even on C drive if u have some. Backup your data in the old xp installation and then u can do whatever u want. I have done this things many times as when things were messed up.

To install 2 windows in the same drive just change the name of folder “windows” to “windows2” or any other you want.

[/quote]

Wouldn’t the trojan/malware be present if the previous copy of XP is still installed.

insert win XP CD and choose the repair option
[/quote]

will it repair the damaged registries

sure it will

It will help you a lot if you can see the specific error code + file given on the BSOD screen. But in most cases the screen will appear for half a second, so record a video, or try to get lucky taking a few snapshots from your mobile in hope that one of them will have the screen in it (Talking from personal experience :) ). Once you get those details, you can repair your windows in most cases.

Insert a Win98 CD, boot from it and go to DOS. Move your data to another partition and only then reinstall your Windows XP if you are left with the reinstall option.

insert the winxp cd and boot from CD, when it asks you which partition to install windows in, select c: and then select option "leave the current filesystem intact option when it asks you to format, in this way ur data will not be lost and you can dual boot both XP's and fix the prob from the new XP

actually لگڑبگڑ has a great idea. do it exactly he says, format c: afterwards and re-install xp...

use system restore!

Ok here i the update

1. The system restore and windows repair both didn't work (looked like a really strong trojan)

2. Installed fresh copy of XP on another drive. Installed AVAST AV and ran a through scan on all drives. AVAST deleted some 135 trojans (wow), but the old windows was restored to normal. AVAST also deleted some dll files that were affected but all in all everything is in tact (thank god).

3. Ive kept both copies of XP in case something similar happens (i'll make sure it doesn't) and also has backed up all the important data in my external drive (love the Western Digital passport HDD).

by the way firestorm AVAST is not for free yar, i installed the home version but when i run can it says 60 days time trial.

By the way thank you all for your help, feedback and suggestions.

by the way firestorm AVAST is not for free yar, i installed the home version but when i run can it says 60 days time trial.

[/quote]

You need to register with an email address and get a key from them to activate it, but it is all free.

You need to register with an email address and get a key from them to activate it, but it is all free.

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip bro… the key arrived after 5 hrs of registration.

AVAST is not bad not not near the quality of Kaspersky… the installers still go undetected in Avast whereas Kaspersky was prompt.

1. Try to open Your window in SAFE MODE.

2. If ur Window is Running in SAFE MODE try to Remove the Virus or try System Restore.

3. Try to Bot from win98 CD then Copy it from DOS.

4. But if ur C drive has NTFS Partition then use some kind of Ghost Software (e.g nortron ghost)

5. Try not to Repair ur windows Coz if ur Windows has a Virus then u get nothing but waste of Time.

6. Donot Repair > Install New Windows in another Partition (if u want to Install).

7. If ur C Drive has FAT/FAT32 Partition and u still not able to Backup ur Data then Install WIN98 to another Drive (FAT/FAT32 Partition if u have) Coz win98 is taking short time than Installing WinXP .

8. If all of this JugaaRs is not working.... then Get some Petrol and a Liter (now u know what to do :D)

if drive c and other drivers have fat32 file system

Then start you computer from dos and copy all important data to another drive

My website= www.softpk.tk

My Email = koooool_asmar@live.com

I also face same problem many times due to deleting of boot.ini file , i am sure that this problem of blue screen will not cure untill and unless you do a format + fresh installation as said by other members ..

if u r worried about ur data then do one thing put hard disk on other working computer copy and backup all data and then do the procedure...

do you have another pc? if yes plug your hard disk on that and retrieve your data.

if not then install windows on another drive delete the windows folders and reinstall windows again on the C drive if you want