Heat/cool ac vs rod or fan heaters for heating room

Well guys i want to know which thing will consume less electricity ....heat and cool split ac 1.5 ton or 2 ton or convetional fan heater or rod heaters of 2000 watt

Sorry for posting in wrong session mods plz shift to appropriate section

heat cool ac.. has its watts printed on its side.. so does the rod heater.. compare and you will know the difference...all models and companies have different consumption and efficiency..

Simple.

Well yes

Its written but it was menyioned ...that split ac does not use 2000 watts while warming as it heats by exchange heat from out side .....where as rod heaters simply converts electrical enery into heat energy .......as a lay man i could not understand....but i have noticed that split ac heats better . And at sone forum it was mentioned .split ac uses less electricity than rod heaters

Split AC heat produce less than rod heater.. but their over all heating effect is higher and faster as they use a fan to flow that heat all around in the room faster than a rod heater which doesnot provide that much circulation.. thus split use less electricity with more heat EFFECT.. its EFFECT only, not actual heat, as rods will always be higher in heat production, but not dissipation.

there is written nominal and rated heat production watts on the ac.. the lower reading is the one with actual consumption, and in our cold weather, there is probably less than 60% of those watts being consumed as we donot have that much cold weather except in january.

there are coil based heaters with fans which consume between 500-800 watt only and heat rapidly due to fan blowing the heat in front of them, also they have oscilators like pedastal fans. so all around heating.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:4, topic:22156”]

Split AC heat produce less than rod heater… but their over all heating effect is higher and faster as they use a fan to flow that heat all around in the room faster than a rod heater which doesnot provide that much circulation… thus split use less electricity with more heat EFFECT… its EFFECT only, not actual heat, as rods will always be higher in heat production, but not dissipation.

there is written nominal and rated heat production watts on the ac… the lower reading is the one with actual consumption, and in our cold weather, there is probably less than 60% of those watts being consumed as we donot have that much cold weather except in january.

there are coil based heaters with fans which consume between 500-800 watt only and heat rapidly due to fan blowing the heat in front of them, also they have oscilators like pedastal fans. so all around heating.

[/quote]

any info how much inverter heat cool AC consumes watts for heating?i have 1 ton Gree inverter,should I use it in winter for heating or coil based heater or oscilator like heater?

written on the side of the outdoor unit.

[quote=“Feras, post:5, topic:22156”]

any info how much inverter heat cool AC consumes watts for heating?i have 1 ton Gree inverter,should I use it in winter for heating or coil based heater or oscilator like heater?

[/quote]

An inverted AC uses roughly 1/3 of the electricity vs a coil based heater. A coil based heater takes 1kw to produce 1kw of heat where the AC will give 1kw to give off 3kw heat. More economical to use the AC

Don’t ask for sources though. I read extensively on it when winter started.

[quote=“executionist, post:7, topic:22156”]

A coil based heater takes 1kw to produce 1kw of heat where the AC will give 1kw to give off 3kw heat. More economical to use the AC

Don’t ask for sources though. I read extensively on it when winter started.

[/quote]

Consume 1kW to give off 3kW equivalent heat? Seems like the much famous Energy Law of Agha Waqar. ;)

On that same note:

usb_laptop_self-charger_cable_500.jpg

[quote=“Asad, post:8, topic:22156”]

Consume 1kW to give off 3kW equivalent heat? Seems like the much famous Energy Law of Agha Waqar. ;)

On that same note:

usb_laptop_self-charger_cable_500.jpg

[/quote]

I am not saying 3kw of energy. The assumption was if we are getting 1kw of heat from a resistive heater then we can get the same heat from an inverter ac at 1/3 of the energy.

From the Heat pump wikipedia article:

In heating mode, heat pumps are three to four times more efficient in their use of electric power than simple electrical resistance heaters.