Health section on WP

To the moderators on this forum,

I wish to put forward a proposal:A health section headed by doctors and dentist on this forum (who volunteer, obviously) who shall try and solve health related problems of all the members on this forum. Im sure it'd be for the better of this forum provided we have enough doctors and dentists.

I myself am a dentist and I wouldn't mind sharing my expertise.

To everyone else,

Tell us what you think.

^ There is already a thread for suggestions: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=529

Secondly, you got to be kidding. This is a technology related forums. How a technology related forums can fit medical help, physicians, health, with the help of experienced doctors and dentists(what?) and also voluntarily(seriously?).

Wouldn't it be better to create a totally separate forums (board) for medical related things on a separate domain?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ There is already a thread for suggestions: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=529

Secondly, you got to be kidding. This is a technology related forums. How a technology related forums can fit medical help, physicians, health, with the help of experienced doctors and dentists(what?) and also voluntarily(seriously?).

Wouldn’t it be better to create a totally separate forums (board) for medical related things on a separate domain?

[/quote]

Oks, I didnt know about the thread which already existed. And I wasnt talking about providing a service which would replace professional help. I was referring to casual questions which people might want to ask doctors but might not deem them significant enough to actually GO to the doctor’s

And secondly, you might not volunteer but there are lots of people who’re willing to answer a question here and there in their spare time… I wonder what this forum is based on…?!?

I vote against the idea as Technology and Medicine, though related, are different fields.

how is health related to a tech forum??

Please carry on the discussion in the designated suggestions thread linked above.

For what it's worth, I find the idea interesting. Whether it can be implemented on this forum is an entirely separate question.

We do not want to be responsible for potentially endangering forum members lives/well-being as there is no way of ensuring that professionals are the ones supplying advice. Keeping that in mind, I don't think its a very good idea to add a health section to this forum!