HDD warranty

I am considering buying "Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD" from abroad, I wanted to know if anything goes wrong, can i claim warranty here in Lahore ?

Do WD or Seagate provide International warranty ?

I recommend you to buy two 500gb harddisks instead of one 1tb harddisk.

They will perform better.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]I am considering buying “Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD” from abroad, I wanted to know if anything goes wrong, can i claim warranty here in Lahore ?

Do WD or Seagate provide International warranty ?

[/quote]

I have never seen or heard of anyone who had “claimed” international warranty of any computer hardware in Pakistan. In Pakistan, you are on your own.

Pakistani Warranty by computer shops (10 months on HDD) on computer hardware is a joke. Have you ever tried to get replacement computer hardware (or HDD) by claiming Pakistani Warranty. You’ll get bitter teeth by shopkeeper. Some shopkeeper may literally insult you to that extent that you’ll decide to hell with warranty, you better off to buy new hardware.

In other words, if some hardware goes bad and it’s a critical machine then you are f***** up for sure because even if your stars are aligned for you, you won’t get replacement HDD in less than a month, if ever.