Have i chosen the right university?

Out of frustraion and neglect by the education system of Pakistan.. because of thier o nd a level phobicness in enrolling a level students i decided to go into Assumption University in thailand... I checked the uni out by going there and it appears to be satisfying.. even payed a thousand us dollars for the application process .. but still its not so prestigious like other ranked universities ..

The reason im going there is that firstly it's afforadable and not in Pakistan.... secondly because they are starting from january.. so i wont be taking a gap year afterall... and most importantly i am gettting the course which i want .. electronics and electrical engineering..

Still i have no idea if i have done the right thing.. please give me your thoughts on what ive done..

You paid US$1000 just for the application?!

No, i got accepted already, i had to pay 1000 cuz they wud issue a letter to the Thai embassy so i can get a student visa.

^Yeah that's normal. Application fee (the fee paid to apply to a university) on the other hand is usually free or something like $50.

What's the tuition/semester or quarter in US$ ?.

Sheikh 'Bhaat' Chilli

Dunno in US dollars but it's relatively affordable..anywaiz I was lookin for sum1 here who can assure me tht ive done da rite choice.. plz tell me abt dis.

^ Shouldn't you have asked this before you accepted the offer and gave them money? If someone says the university is crap, what are you going to do about it?

Check the below two links

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090818165843AANIJtM

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101010152923AAhWaHZ

But like SAH said, it is too late. This is something that should have been explored before.

simple answer: for engineering, NO. sorry

!@#$ univ's are better.. or chinese even.. LUMS, GIKI engineering...

but obviously, NO COMPARISON TO THE USA

btw, if u learn german, germany has free education i think.. very good

personal advice, colleges / universities are SCAM , wisdom is in streets :)

Damn, i have no clue what to do now.. shall i let go the money ive spent in this university go down the drain?? And apply bak in Pakistani universities for next year?..

or maybe i can ask them to withhold by application and funds for august session next year?.. while i try for NUST, GIK and LUMS..

Or shall i go to Thailand and start studying by paying the total semester fee?

You got to finish what you have started. Just go there and study and hopefully once you have graduated, things would've changed by that time. Do what your heart desires.

The thing is i can accept the loss of 1000 us dollars but i dont want to ruin my academic career by spending 4 years there. Maybe i should try in Pak for next year.

^ You are one confused impatient dude...

I know :/

search for the Alumni of that university where they are placed and if u cud ask about the Uni that will be great

^Checked. I asked a few of them they were all encouraging but you know the thing is i bet no alumni wud say that the university they studied in sucks. I also asked a popular nd experienced ECAT academy owner/teacher nd he told me i shud go study dere in this university.

Im still awaiting the visa letter from the university..but derez something at the back of my mind saying a big NO to this university. Maybe i shud take a Gap year afterall.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The thing is i can accept the loss of 1000 us dollars but i dont want to ruin my academic career by spending 4 years there. Maybe i should try in Pak for next year.
[/quote]

Forget your 1000$. That’s a gonner (you could try to ask for a refund but I highly doubt that’d work).

My sincerest advice is to let go of it and don’t waste any more money/time. Rest is up to you. You should instead look for some Malaysian university. They’re much better than Abstract or whatever univ. you applied to.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Forget your 1000$. That’s a gonner (you could try to ask for a refund but I highly doubt that’d work).

My sincerest advice is to let go of it and don’t waste any more money/time. Rest is up to you. You should instead look for some Malaysian university. They’re much better than Abstract or whatever univ. you applied to.

[/quote]

Thanks for the support, thats what im planning to do. Infact there is no refund, the only way to get a refund is to get your visa rejected… but a rejected visa is a lifetime stain on ur passport i guess…

Can you please be specific like which Malaysian institutes are you talking about? I also got admission in UCTI in malaysia… they were offering a degree of university of straffordshire (UK)… but later i got to know that UCTI is not a good university aswell for engineering after i asked some people around…

You seem to be going for these no name universities due to financial constraints? How much can you exactly afford per year?

Also what are your grades like?