HAVE ANYBODY NOTICED THIS THING IN BROADBAND DSL in 4MBPS

I have noticed a problem in ptcl dsl. some of my sites are working hundred percent with download just like youtube.com . but many servers dont give complete downloading speedon 4mb/s package. just like rapidshare.com , hotfile.com, megaupload.com etc....

when my downloading is being its speed is 100 to 130 kbps on these servers. but when light shutt off i remain continues downloading via ups. and in other moment my speed goes to 440KBps. its mean many users disconnects adn for this my speed boost to 100% package.

(have anybosy noted it)?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have noticed a problem in ptcl dsl. some of my sites are working hundred percent with download just like youtube.com . but many servers dont give complete downloading speedon 4mb/s package. just like rapidshare.com , hotfile.com, megaupload.com etc…

when my downloading is being its speed is 100 to 130 kbps on these servers. but when light shutt off i remain continues downloading via ups. and in other moment my speed goes to 440KBps. its mean many users disconnects adn for this my speed boost to 100% package.

(have anybosy noted it)?

[/quote]

About the first paragraph,file hosting sites like you mention throttle bandwidth for free download.

And for the second paragraph,your connection provided by ptcl is shared,which is a norm for all home packages provided by all ISPs

About the file hosting server, the speed mainly depends on the route like how you are connected them. Do a SpeedTest of that area & you will know what I mean :)

About the file hosting server, the speed mainly depends on the route like how you are connected them. Do a SpeedTest of that area & you will know what I mean :)
[/quote]

Good reply but these servers’ speed boost to 440 when our light shutt off.

Well i am on 4MBps and have premium account @ hotfile, avg rate is 455Kb/s no matter electricity is on or off.

Well i am on 4MBps and have premium account @ hotfile, avg rate is 455Kb/s no matter electricity is on or off.
[/quote]

very good speed

actullay this electricity issue is a good point raised here. I don't know about the sharing stuff but here's a little fact i came across. My line is perfect from DP to modem but there used to be a problem at DP and since the underground copper is jointed therefore the SNR is slightly unstable at times. now wat happened is when light goes the SNR increases exponentially for instance it was 9.1 while electricity was present but when it went it boosted to 22. similarly while the light was there my download was 360-390 and it boosted to 410-430 when light came. The real phenomenon behind is when light is present the underground wire and DP is earthed from many places if it is copper and jointed. Most of the times noise is induced through the joint part. when light goes external noises are reduced or finished giving you less noise and max speed from DSLAM. Its not that users have gone offline its mostly the resistance to your speed due to external factors have reduced to great extent. To ignore this the best option is to use a CAT6 wire from DP to modem this wire ensures less/no noise induction in your copper wire externally, and well for the underground copper try getting a stable pair instead the one with more SNR...look a stable pair having 12SNR is much more better then a non stable pair with 22SNR. hope you got the practical portion done here.

[/quote]

hey u using this on ONU right?

^ yeh! :P

actullay this electricity issue is a good point raised here. I don’t know about the sharing stuff but here’s a little fact i came across. My line is perfect from DP to modem but there used to be a problem at DP and since the underground copper is jointed therefore the SNR is slightly unstable at times. now wat happened is when light goes the SNR increases exponentially for instance it was 9.1 while electricity was present but when it went it boosted to 22. similarly while the light was there my download was 360-390 and it boosted to 410-430 when light came. The real phenomenon behind is when light is present the underground wire and DP is earthed from many places if it is copper and jointed. Most of the times noise is induced through the joint part. when light goes external noises are reduced or finished giving you less noise and max speed from DSLAM. Its not that users have gone offline its mostly the resistance to your speed due to external factors have reduced to great extent. To ignore this the best option is to use a CAT6 wire from DP to modem this wire ensures less/no noise induction in your copper wire externally, and well for the underground copper try getting a stable pair instead the one with more SNR…look a stable pair having 12SNR is much more better then a non stable pair with 22SNR. hope you got the practical portion done here.
[/quote]

Good details, but mine speed with light is almost 200KBps and after light failure it boost to 450Kbps, which is much difference. your difference is 360 to 410. now i will notice the snr with and without light.

[/quote]

thts the reason ur speed remains same on both situations.

I have noticed a problem in ptcl dsl. some of my sites are working hundred percent with download just like youtube.com . but many servers dont give complete downloading speedon 4mb/s package. just like rapidshare.com , hotfile.com, megaupload.com etc…

(have anybosy noted it)?

[/quote]

Youtube.com videos are now hosted at PTCL DATA center so it will always work 100% for you.

Download Speed from many file hosting web sites like rapidshare.com hotfile.com duckload.com is restricted for free users. I use to have a friend rapid share premium account which always gives me download @ full speed of my internet connection.

google4u

Youtube.com videos are now hosted at PTCL DATA center so it will always work 100% for you.

Download Speed from many file hosting web sites like rapidshare.com hotfile.com duckload.com is restricted for free users. I use to have a friend rapid share premium account which always gives me download @ full speed of my internet connection.

google4u

[/quote]

read my post carefully. im asking for light problems.

[/quote]

do you have onu light problem as these lines are working on battries from exchange and the phone line goes dead when lights goes or battries goes down from exchange.do you have also this problem because i have this problem and i have been pissed off now

google4u

[/quote]

Really???