Has anyone bought something from a Chinese website such as focalprice or dealextreme?

If yes, did you have to pay any customs tax?

i've bought quite a bit of stuff from just about every continent , Lately im using aliexpress.com its a very good source.

Not a personal experience with focal price in specific as long as they use Hkpost, Sgpost or chinapost items definitely come through,

I have yet to lose a parcel over the period of two years, arround 50+ orders and tax/customs paid on just one parcel that had electronics.

Some suggestions:
Make sure you keep the items closer to $50
Split the order into two or more parcels if items are more than 100-200usd
avoid purchasing items that can be locally had, you will end up saving a lot of money.
Always add special handling/note with the order to put a $10-$20 invoice inside the parcel to avoid any customs, worst case you’ll be charged according to the invoice , usually (20-30%)
Keep the postman happy so he gets your parcels delivered the day he recieve them from gpo.

hope this helps, also a bit more info on what youre going to purchase from FP would be great, Just out of curiousity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to buy a phablet of tablet , mainly to read and annotate PDFs. and do not have want to spend a lot on Samsung 10.1 tablet :)

Not sure if I can by this cheaper in local market.

^ China is your friend

Thank you for all suggestions.

Magiclamp.pk

direct imports from USA for items that are US specific..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:20703”]

Magiclamp.com

direct imports from USA for items that are US specific..

[/quote]

Server Down

Magiclamp.pk

.pk. sorry

Couldn't agree more on keeping the Postman dude happy and well informed about incoming orders.

On a personal note, i have never shopped at websites other than Amazon. I like eBay too, but I don't like to deal too much via PayPal. As for Chinese / 3rd party websites, one of my friends mentioned ipmart.com; i wonder if it is still in business.

[quote="djayz, post:2, topic:20703"]

i've bought quite a bit of stuff from just about every continent , Lately im using aliexpress.com its a very good source.

Not a personal experience with focal price in specific as long as they use Hkpost, Sgpost or chinapost items definitely come through,

I have yet to lose a parcel over the period of two years, arround 50+ orders and tax/customs paid on just one parcel that had electronics.

Some suggestions:
Make sure you keep the items closer to $50
Split the order into two or more parcels if items are more than 100-200usd
avoid purchasing items that can be locally had, you will end up saving a lot of money.
Always add special handling/note with the order to put a $10-$20 invoice inside the parcel to avoid any customs, worst case you'll be charged according to the invoice , usually (20-30%)
Keep the postman happy so he gets your parcels delivered the day he recieve them from gpo.

hope this helps, also a bit more info on what youre going to purchase from FP would be great, Just out of curiousity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[/quote]