Hard disk problems...urgent help

ok guyd today i bought a 160gb seagate IDE hard...

now in the fdisk after completing drive integrity test it shows that maximum space drive has is 20gb or 21674mb

so now tell me what problem is this

should i go back and contect the seller as i have got the waranty till tomorow[its a 2nd hand hard]

i tried it several time but same problem.....

tell me what to do

or sugest me any software by which i can partition a raw hard disk

^ try repartitionin

if that doest show u the expected size then the drive is probably of a smaller size

Fdisk doesn't supports Large disks.

if u still want to use fdisk, use that but make partitions as %.

after making partitions it will be ok.

^

yo sure abt that

i m realy pised ovr it

shud i try the partion maker which comes in windows xp setup...

and a more bad thing is that i got fever [may b due to musharaf gone] and i also hav a dead line til tomorow to check it thouroughlz

You can check your harddisk from BIOS (model number). Best option would be to boot using xp cd and check the size of your hard disk.

ok guys issue resolved

moral : never use fdisk comand for partitioning big drives

thanks shakil i usd windows xp setup to partition

edit : its my 800th post

eeo man i dont believe i am so "wela"/free to post so much but not more than ruhaan

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

edit : its my 800th post

eeo man i dont believe i am so “wela”/free to post so much but not more than ruhaan

[/quote]

^or saadi

Glad you got your problem solved. Speaking of posting check my no of posts I had been on this forum since 2005 and after resignup after forum got hacked I had posted only 9 posts.

^or saadi

[/quote]

yeah :confused:

actually you are inspiring me to quit :) thanks for that, maybe then i will be able to give more time to my blog

yeah :confused:

actually you are inspiring me to quit :) thanks for that, maybe then i will be able to give more time to my blog

[/quote]

No Man Saad Dont quit Yaar. You have been alot of help here. Even though I never posted I had been reading threads …Umm… Well sometimes :P… You can see how late I read this post :lol: