Hard disk not detected!

I'm using WD 320GB SATA hard disk.

From last few days when i start my system or restart it is not detected. I restart the system few times and then it works. I had another problem which i defined on another thread.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
when i load some game or software it continues for some time and after some time it system hangs for a moment and then the "legendry mysterious BSOD!"

Saying STOP error 0*000000f4 (0*00000003,0*86e89da0,0*86e89f14,0*805d2968)

and some times there is alittle bit change in the error saying STOP error 0*000000f4 (0*00000003,0*86a864e0,0*86a86654,0*805d2968).

When i restart system it says "Reboot and select proper boot media or insert boot in select boot device" while i have correctly connected all the cables to hard disk.

[/quote]

I have changed the data bus cable, there is no BSOD(which was occurring very oftenly ) after i changed the data bus cable. But there is still the major problem when i start/restart the system there is no hard disk.

YOu probably have purchased new cable for your Hard Disk but the new cables are not original ...try getting original one .. I was also having the same problem and the issue resolved when i purchased an original cable

I'm using foxconn's cable. Ain't it original?

It may be original but if its not working purchase new original one from some reputed shop

chk the power supply too !

@smartboy6637

I can't get it! i got a cable from a shop and checked it there, it was working fine and you are saying it may not work, I really do not get it! but i would try getting another cable.

@nadeem5476

How to check the power supply? :/ ?

^

u shud now do preparations for the funeral of hard disk...

but u can surely once try it on another PC before doing autopsy....

it is better to chk the HDD on another PC / board and power supply setup !

ifit works fine there then there must b problem in your power supply or in the mobo / connectors .

is it getting hot more thn average too ?

change SATA operations to ATA, and it will be detected, after selecting to ATA from BIOS setup, you will need to reinstall your OS.

SATA cables are unreliable and less Durable than IDE. I had a similar problem with my office PC. One new SATA cable, and woosh, I had a working PC.

Just buy a new SATA+SATAPower cable. If problem persists, then don't hesitate to call us.

i googled and downloaded wd lifeguard diainostic tool and it repaired some errors. After that from yesterday evening i rebooted my system a hundred times and checked it there was not error.

But i could not understand if there was an error related to hard disk that canbe repaired by a software then why it was not being detected. I'm puzzled now!

I also have the same problem with my pc hard disk cant be detected....

It gets hot more than average......

My hard disk didn't get hot.

DO any one have answer to my question asked in post 11.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i googled and downloaded wd lifeguard diainostic tool and it repaired some errors. After that from yesterday evening i rebooted my system a hundred times and checked it there was not error.

But i could not understand if there was an error related to hard disk that canbe repaired by a software then why it was not being detected. I’m puzzled now!

[/quote]

name of tht software ?

It is "WD Data lifeGuard Diagnostics".

well i guess there might be interruption during the scanning thru tht software , or the masla is with your power supply , please chk your HDD in another PC.