Haier DC Inverter Air Conditioners in Pakistan

Guys, I want your opinion about Haier's new DC Inverter Air Conditioners which are listed on their website here.

http://www.haier.com/pk/products/air_conditioner/wall_mounted/

Has anyone bought & used them, what is your experience with them compared to other brands & do they actually save 50% electricity as Haier claims. To be honest i believe Haier is the best split A/C brand out there but I am skeptical about their DC inverter Air Conditioners. As you know they are a quite a bit more expensive so i am a bit hesitant.

Haier claims it 1 Ton DC inverter uses 2.3 Amps & 1.5 Tons 4.6 Amps. Is this calim valid becuase i did some research on the net & it seems most other DC inverter ACs use a bit more that that. Also a salesperson told me that you need to plug your AC into UPS or Generator to a achieve this Amperage otherwise there is no point in buying them & you should just buy any ordinary AC.

I am new to this forum so any help answering the above queries will be much appreciated.

Best 1.5 ton (non-invertor) split AC?

since this is a new offering, there would be litle customer feedback till now

as per inverter ac, yes, they do save lots of electricity if they are of good qaulity..and made per specs.

as for company claims, this should be taken with a grain of salt unless someone has personally tested it, and since this is new product, there would be very few.

as for running wioth ups, the point would be that they would need full 220V to use minimum amps, which wapda doesnot supply, like ever.. so atleasta UPS or a generator would provide 50 hz 220V so in that case amps would be minimum..

What is price for 1 ton???

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[quote=", post:3, topic:19607"]

What is price for 1 ton??? Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

[/quote]

i think it was around 79K but i am more interested in 1.5 ton which is 89K

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:19607”]

as for running wioth ups, the point would be that they would need full 220V to use minimum amps, which wapda doesnot supply, like ever.. so atleasta UPS or a generator would provide 50 hz 220V so in that case amps would be minimum..
[/quote]

Inverter based ACs draw less current when the target temperature has been reached. For them to be effective, they have to MAINTAIN that target temperature and stay 'on', in that reduced current-drawing state.

If there's constant loadshedding and AC going on/off, room temperature goes high and the AC has to work again at max rating to bring the temperature down.

That's probable reason why shopkeeper asked him to power it via UPS, so that the power supply is constant.

^ +1

Any A/C whether standard or Inverter type will only start saving after the set point temperature has reached. Standard type will initiate an ON/OFF Cycle of the compressor and Inverter type will reduce compressor RPM.

IMO the inverter type will cost you more in electric power bills because to achieve the set point temperature quickly, it runs the compressor at higher RPM resulting in more energy consumption initially.

In current power outages scenario, this will happen again and again resulting more energy bills.

i think you guys missed my point..

the AC is designed to run in uninterrupted power conditions.. even OP mentioned that generator or UPS is must..

Thus using UPS, you could run the ac for longer duration on lower rpm, and lower currents. thus energy savings

Even on UPS, the inverter ac consume a lot less than standard ac.. that is why they CAN be run on home use ups while standard would need atleast a 3500watt + semi commercial ups..

[quote=“ehti, post:5, topic:19607”]

Inverter based ACs draw less current when the target temperature has been reached. For them to be effective, they have to MAINTAIN that target temperature and stay 'on', in that reduced current-drawing state.

If there's constant loadshedding and AC going on/off, room temperature goes high and the AC has to work again at max rating to bring the temperature down.

That's probable reason why shopkeeper asked him to power it via UPS, so that the power supply is constant.

[/quote]

I thought max rating for DC inverter AC is 4.6 Amps, where as for conventianal ACs its aroung 9-10 Amps. I didnt see any where on their specifications page on their web site or user manual where it said max rating is more.

So by that logic even if its operating on max rating it should only use 4.6 Amps @ Max speed for 1.5 tons AC.

BTW Haier claims it their AC takes only 1 minute to cool temprature of room down, a claim which i believe since i have used other Haier ACs

[quote=", post:6, topic:19607"]

^ +1

Any A/C whether standard or Inverter type will only start saving after the set point temperature has reached. Standard type will initiate an ON/OFF Cycle of the compressor and Inverter type will reduce compressor RPM.

IMO the inverter type will cost you more in electric power bills because to achieve the set point temperature quickly, it runs the compressor at higher RPM resulting in more energy consumption initially.

In current power outages scenario, this will happen again and again resulting more energy bills.

[/quote]

conventianal ACs run the compressor @ full speed all the time where as DC inverter only for short time to bring room temprature down. According to Haier website it takes only 1 minute to cool down the room so i dont know how it can consume more electricity?

BTW my current AC keeps running the compressor for full 1 hour @ full speed during loadsheeding, & it consumes around 9.9 running current, if DC inverter uses 4.5 doesnt that cut the electricity bill by half?

[quote="farhan_ds, post:7, topic:19607"]

i think you guys missed my point..

the AC is designed to run in uninterrupted power conditions.. even OP mentioned that generator or UPS is must..

Thus using UPS, you could run the ac for longer duration on lower rpm, and lower currents. thus energy savings

Even on UPS, the inverter ac consume a lot less than standard ac.. that is why they CAN be run on home use ups while standard would need atleast a 3500watt + semi commercial ups..

[/quote]

it doesnt say on the website that you need a generator or UPS. That would actually increase cost of runinng my AC which i am trying to reduce. If this AC consumes low power on UPS then why doesnt it do the same when connected to mains?? This new type could consume low Amperage even at high RPM.

Newer ACs have better features like better temprature control. my old window AC used to cool the room so much at night time that i needed a blanket even during summers thus wasting electricity.

BTW i do get 230 V 50 Hz in main supply so that is not an issue.

So in the end, DC inverter Ac's will actually cause more wastage then a normal one :) (in Pakistan)

And i dont know what you guys talking about voltage? I get 220V always at my home, atleast thats what my MAIN meter shows!

^ Where do you live? can i rent your house? can you adopt me as a long lost son you forgot in Koop ka maila? :(

[quote=“chickne-larke, post:8, topic:19607”]

I thought max rating for DC inverter AC is 4.6 Amps, where as for conventianal ACs its aroung 9-10 Amps. I didnt see any where on their specifications page on their web site or user manual where it said max rating is more.

So by that logic even if its operating on max rating it should only use 4.6 Amps @ Max speed for 1.5 tons AC.

BTW Haier claims it their AC takes only 1 minute to cool temprature of room down, a claim which i believe since i have used other Haier ACs

conventianal ACs run the compressor @ full speed all the time where as DC inverter only for short time to bring room temprature down. According to Haier website it takes only 1 minute to cool down the room so i dont know how it can consume more electricity?

BTW my current AC keeps running the compressor for full 1 hour @ full speed during loadsheeding, & it consumes around 9.9 running current, if DC inverter uses 4.5 doesnt that cut the electricity bill by half?

it doesnt say on the website that you need a generator or UPS. That would actually increase cost of runinng my AC which i am trying to reduce. If this AC consumes low power on UPS then why doesnt it do the same when connected to mains?? This new type could consume low Amperage even at high RPM.

Newer ACs have better features like better temprature control. my old window AC used to cool the room so much at night time that i needed a blanket even during summers thus wasting electricity.

BTW i do get 230 V 50 Hz in main supply so that is not an issue.

[/quote]

Inverter Ac will only help you save once the desired temperature has been reached, lets say for example 26C. There is no way your Haier AC can cool down the room temperature to that in 1 minute :) Unless you have some sort of nasa technology installed in it which is unknown and unavible to rest of the mankind. AC will only start saving after the desired temperature is reached, before that, i will consume full energy to reduce the temperature. In current conditions, it takes around 45 minutes for an average sized room temp down to 26C.

UPS is an option for those who get low voltage on WAPDA (main). Since you don't have a problem with that, you don't need one.

[quote="farhan_ds, post:10, topic:19607"]

^ Where do you live? can i rent your house? can you adopt me as a long lost son you forgot in Koop ka maila? :(

[/quote]

Im in DHA. There never has been a voltage problem here.

Please share your experience of inverter ac.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Guess no one has bought an inverter AC yet.

[quote=“taru, post:13, topic:19607”]

Guess no one has bought an inverter AC yet.
[/quote] I was thinking same

Go to below link for all your queries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioner_inverter

[quote=“zahoorasif, post:15, topic:19607”]

Go to below link for all your queries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioner_inverter

[/quote]

If you plan to use your ac 24/7 then the Inverter AC will in the long term cause saving as compared to a Traditional AC..... Regardless of the voltage you are getting.. If you plan to use it sparingly then go traditional. The problem with traditional acs is that their thermostat is rarely sensitive, they allow the temperature to drop quite a few centrigrades below the set temp before they register it. An Inverter AC would maintain perfect temp.....