Hacked

Pakistan forums has been hacked an hour back and it has been seen that the person who hacked my website is a chinese idiot.

He hacked my site and has added some scripts due to which there are some scripts generating causing all our system to be distrupted and causing IP's to be blocked of visitors visting our website for an hour or so. We are fixing the issue.

All Webmasters | Website Owners | Web Developers

Attention

I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND ALL WEBSITE OWNERS TO BLOCK ALL CHINESE IPS FROM THERE WEBSITES WHICH I HAVE JUST DONE TO PROTECT MY WEBSITE.

This article will help you more (for web developers and web owners only): http://www.parkansky.com/china.htm

We are happy that the hacker was caught/stopped from accesing my site in 20 minutes as he access my site he was only able to put scripts in my website causing disruption but nothing else :)... All members data etc is secure! :) I am removing the scripts which can take around 24-48 hours.

^ What a brilliant idea. A chinese guy hacked your site, so lets block all chinese IPs...

/sarcasm

[quote=“Upsilon, post:2, topic:16730”]

^ What a brilliant idea. A chinese guy hacked your site, so lets block all chinese IPs. /sarcasm

[/quote]

Bro the reason is that not 1 chinese hacked it 4-5 Ips were found. Basically i researched on the net and found that everyday chinese hack more than a thousand websites and chinese ips are the most biggest danger to websites.

this article shall help this: http://articles.cnn.com/2008-03-07/tech/china.hackers_1_hackers-web-sites-chinese-government?_s=PM:TECH

if chines are doing this with web sits how can we save our sits from these hackers ?

Khurram Shahzad

New laptop / Used Laptop / Laptop Parts

[quote=", post:5, topic:16730"]

if chines are doing this with web sits how can we save our sits from these hackers ?

Khurram Shahzad

New laptop / Used Laptop / Laptop Parts

[/quote]

The only solution is to block there ips. http://www.okean.com/sinokorea.txt

How did you found that chinese IP were not again the Proxies and the real source is still to be found? Maybe it was your own friend trying to check how well do you maintain your server security?

very clever idea dude! you are advertising your webpage nobody has hacked it atleast Chinese can't they are our friends

[quote=“armada, post:8, topic:16730”]

very clever idea dude! you are advertising your webpage nobody has hacked it atleast Chinese can’t they are our friends

[/quote]

I agree with you

very clever idea dude! you are advertising your webpage nobody has hacked it atleast Chinese can’t they are our friends

[/quote]

We dont need advertising for our website mr.armada you need to give a stop to your rude replies. Our website was hacked and yes chinese can even though they are our friends. Reason is that it has been noted a lot of times that chinese are hacking Pakistani Websites as well.

There is however still a chance that they might have hacked via proxies which our team is investigating.

[quote=“tramper, post:9, topic:16730”]

I agree with you

[/quote]

tramper you dont know the whole scenerio and mr.armada has no other work to do accept rude replies.

[/quote]

Mr.Armada can you proove it?

[quote=“Myelin, post:7, topic:16730”]

How did you found that chinese IP were not again the Proxies and the real source is still to be found? Maybe it was your own friend trying to check how well do you maintain your server security?

[/quote]

Well after checking the logs we found 3-4 Chinese ips accessing our site… regarding being from proxies there is still a chance our team is finding out uptill now the eye goes towards chinese ips.

@Pakistan Forums

Let's assume that your website was "hacked" and let's also assume that you traced the attack back to China (a country with 1+ billion people). Now you are ridiculously suggesting that we should ban all IP addresses of China?!

First of all, quit whining about it. Few weeks back, a forums of one of the my websites got heavy spam attack (even with captcha and everything). And what I did? I just deleted the whole forums and restored it from backup. Did I came here crying to block all the Europe and Russia and especially USA because it has American drugs posts too?

Secondly, as a webmaster of your website, it is your and only YOUR FAULT that you left your website vulnerable. It is only the duty of webmaster to keep all the softwares updated and keep backup of everything. It is also your responsibility to cover all the holes from the attack. Instead of whining here, you should be thankful to whoever hacked your website that now you know that your website was vulnerable. Probably your website is still vulnerable and I guess you haven't yet fixed the hole but keep going with solution to ban all the IPs of a such a large country.

Thirdly, probably it was a scripted crawler/spider that hacked your website with publicly known vulnerabilities (holes). Trust me, nobody has enough time to manually focus on such a low profile website. Think of it as a wakeup call, cover your website's holes.

By the way, if your website got hacked by an IP address in Pakistan (leave alone the USA and Europe) then will you block all the IP addresses of Pakistan too? :D A "Pakistan Forums" website which block all the Pakistani IP addresses because it can't protect itself. :D LOL. That would be fun to watch.

I'll say it again, thank the hacker, stop whining and move on. Instead of blocking, focus on your website and try to figure out how they hacked it and try to cover that hole.

When you don't pay for script and used nulled stuff, you are giving your consent to be hacked. :ph34r: